Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/23/2018 12:10:56 PM EDT
They don’t seem to get any love on the forums. Is the consensus that they are overpriced?

My dealer has a Recon Tactical. 16” medium/heavy looking barrel that’s fluted. Really nice billet upper and lower. 15” mlok rail. Not cheap at $2200 but for a billet gun that’s in line with other companies, maybe cheaper.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#1]
EDIT:  Disregard.  I was thinking of Les Baer.

Seriously, these are AR-15s.  It only takes so much skill to put other manufacturers' parts together.  What are you paying for?
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 12:27:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a very nice one a few years ago. My son and I put 15,000 rounds through it , great rifle.

I sold it when I went all Class 3 crazy, and wish I still had it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I have an 18" Recon Tactical, 6.5 CM, that I don't seem to have a recent pic of.

On the right.  I've switched out the scope since this.  Price-wise, LTs are the only other rifles I have to compare it to, but the Wilson still cost a bit less than my 308 LTs.

I shot it a few weeks ago, and I could have done better.

I was well caffeinated, it was pretty windy, and my cheap target stand was swaying in the breeze.

I'm certain each of these could do better, if I did my part.

The Prime and Win Ballistic Silver Tips I think are promising.

The FGMM with Bergers was especially disappointing.  I don't ever plan on hunting with it, but I bought the Fusions JIC.

The group below the Fusions was from a different rifle on a different day.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top