Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/26/2020 11:28:48 PM EDT
Curious if anyone has tried the NX8 1-8 on a 308 gas gun?  
I’m more concerned the eye box is too small for the 308 platform.

I can’t find any reports of the NX8 on an AR-10 anywhere on the interwebs.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 11:42:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Curious if anyone has tried the NX8 1-8 on a 308 gas gun?  
I’m more concerned the eye box is too small for the 308 platform.

I can’t find any reports of the NX8 on an AR-10 anywhere on the interwebs.
View Quote
Why wouldn’t it?  Lots of folks using them on .308 AR’s.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 11:58:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Good to hear, the only reviews I can find are being used on the 223/556 platform.
Have you shot the NX8 on a 308?  Or know anyone that has?  
I’ve only been able to look thru it at my lgs. The eye box seems tight compared to a Razor or even my Burris 1-8.
Maybe mounted on a 308 rifle and actually getting behind it would give me a better perspective.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:03:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good to hear, the only reviews I can find are being used on the 223/556 platform.
Have you shot the NX8 on a 308?  Or know anyone that has?  
I’ve only been able to look thru it at my lgs. The eye box seems tight compared to a Razor or even my Burris 1-8.
Maybe mounted on a 308 rifle and actually getting behind it would give me a better perspective.
View Quote
My father has one in his MWS. I’m about to put one on one of my MWS uppers. Coming from ACOG’s the eye box is fine for me.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:21:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info. Glad to hear first hand experience.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 10:42:42 PM EDT
[#5]
It'll be fine

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 2:30:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one ordered for my AR10. I have no reservations. It is a NIGHTFORCE. They are well made. It may not be an Atacr, but I trust it more than 99% of others.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have one ordered for my AR10. I have no reservations. It is a NIGHTFORCE. They are well made. It may not be an Atacr, but I trust it more than 99% of others.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
You clearly have never read the reports of them failing in the field for the military....

The hole you see in the well used Nightforce 3.5-15 x 50 NXS scope (Main Image) was made by an enemy 7.62x39 round fired at a U.S. soldier. The bullet completely penetrated the erector tube which is the heart of the scope's optical system. We're happy to report that the soldier was not injured, and the only casualty is the scope's magnification ring, frozen on 15x. Its focus, tracking, and all other functions work just fine. It still holds point of aim like new. The soldier wrapped the scope in duct tape to keep out sand and dirt, and used it without a problem for the next three days, completing his mission.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 2:21:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Guess I will have to keep some duct tape in the backpack. That's pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Guess I will have to keep some duct tape in the backpack. That's pretty awesome.
View Quote
I think that's my favorite part of the story.  It still worked, with some duct tape.  I love my NF scopes.
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 2:41:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Hah, thanks for the replies. I have a NX8 1-8 arriving tomorrow. Duct tape is already in my good time bag.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:34:15 AM EDT
[#11]
NF has a very well established reputation for toughness.  A .308 gas gun ain't going to do a thing to it.

Now, whether the NX8 has a tight eye box is individual specific.  Some say yes.  Some say it is only at higher mag.  Only you can define what is acceptable or "tight."

Mounting the optic correctly on the AR10 as well as what mount you choose to use will also play a significant role in this.  My advice is make sure you use a high quality cantilever, single piece mount for best chance of success.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 12:29:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I love the NX8:

Link Posted: 2/19/2020 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Sweet setups!  So I did end up picking up the NX8 and have to say it's an awesome scope.  Using the NF unimount it took one click to zero.  Fantastic!  
My Burris XTRII 1-8 may appear to have a larger FOV on 1x but I'll take the NF bright red center dot any day of the week.  Plus the weight factor, you just can't beat it.

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top