Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2019 5:45:19 PM EDT
See title. Going to pistol gas on a shorty and considering keeping my DD Omega around for it, but not sure the handguard has enough clearance.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 8:58:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I do not see why not.  I have a chopped on under an Omega.  Is it a pistol gas length?
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
See title. Going to pistol gas on a shorty and considering keeping my DD Omega around for it, but not sure the handguard has enough clearance.
View Quote
As long as it is the new style super gas block and NOT the older style.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 2:42:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I do not see why not.  I have a chopped on under an Omega.  Is it a pistol gas length?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yup, intending to go to a 8in pistol gas.

Quoted:

As long as it is the new style super gas block and NOT the older style.
How do I tell them apart? I just bought it off the EE but it hasn't shown up yet so I can't just go check it myself.
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 2:58:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I just built this last night. Omega 7" rail and pistol gas on 8" barrel.  Not using a sgb but my gas block is about the same size and has plenty of clearance.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top