Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2019 3:38:17 PM EDT
I bought a ton of the CMMG stainless steel followers for a great price.

As I could afford it, I purchased 10-15 30 round mag bodies from Brownells and assembled my own, using the springs and floorplates of my choice.

The last time I ordered, I got exactly the final number of 30 bodies I needed.

I noticed at the time they were listed as discontinued.

Now they are listed as out of stock discontinued, no replacement.

No one seems to have asked in the product question section of the Brownells website.

What gives?
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 4:30:05 PM EDT
[#1]
All the ban states that allowed mags to be rebuilt no longer allow 30 round mags at all, so no demand for the product?
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 8:22:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, they sold out quickly once they discontinued them.

I thought some states that banned standard capacity still allowed replacement parts?
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 6:25:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Alot of Brownell’s mag parts and options are now stating discontinued. I wonder of they shut their mag facility down?
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Alot of Brownell's mag parts and options are now stating discontinued. I wonder of they shut their mag facility down?
View Quote
PSA is putting them out of business?
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 6:31:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you posed the question to Brownells?
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 11:27:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

PSA is putting them out of business?
View Quote
They started the mag facility when they wanted .mil contracts, maybe they’re tooling up for E2 type mags....
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 1:43:59 PM EDT
[#7]
@Brownells ?
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Why cmmg steel followers over magpul?
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 10:25:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 11:42:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
We are in the process of cleaning up the AR-15 magazine line.  The line-up will be consolidated and revised based on customer preferences.

Fear not, Brownells isn't going anywhere!
View Quote
That's great news, I think you make the best AR15 magazine on the planet!  Your aluminum bodies are stiffer, and stronger, than other USGI contractors, like Okay Ind.  Are you going to keep the magazine facility that you were using to produce your own magazines since the GI contract?  I hope so since they do great work, you're not going to source them out again?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:30:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We are in the process of cleaning up the AR-15 magazine line.  The line-up will be consolidated and revised based on customer preferences.

Fear not, Brownells isn't going anywhere!
View Quote
Nice.  Good to know.
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 6:13:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Great news!  I was a little bummed because I like being able to order all the stuff I need to make my own "custom" magazines from one place.

Lol......I have one magazine that is only lacking a base plate.  As soon as I get a chance, I'll order some from you guys.

I, for one, spend a lot of money with you guys.  Your customer service is great and everything gets delivered super quick.

When I'm in the market for ANYTHING gun related, I check your website first.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top