Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/8/2023 11:54:30 AM EDT
Have the new owners started production yet? Has anyone purchased their magazines that can give a review?
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 12:38:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think anyone bought them out. I did a couple searches and nothing about any new owners.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

That's not an answer, it's a thread letting us all know that production was going to cease.

Old news.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 6:23:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Weren't Surefeed, Colt, DH all in New Britian? I swear if it weren't for the floorplates I can't tell some apart.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 6:44:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's not an answer, it's a thread letting us all know that production was going to cease.

Old news.
View Quote

Maybe take time to read the thread, who if anyone buying them was discussed at length.  You're welcome.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 8:40:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Maybe take time to read the thread, who if anyone buying them was discussed at length.  You're welcome.
View Quote

Maybe take the time and reread it yourself and see that that thread and this thread are still not one in the same, you're welcome too. Plus it was no longer active until you bumped it right after posting a link that answers nothing, and then trying to stir conversation up about it since nobody was discussing about it anything to do with either or in an already dead thread that you necroposted in, with zero answers to be found

People may have asked, but it wasn't that thread's main point of discussion and there were still no answers found, making it mute to share a link to as it again, does nothing.

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:35:43 AM EDT
[#7]
At one time I thought I heard a rumor PSA was interested in Okay's equipment. Since then crickets.

It seems that Okay would want to sell the manufacturing equipment if they aren't going to use it, unless they are going to continue sales strictly to the government and law enforcement.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Rumors are rampant. Truth is nobody here has the answer or cannot/will not say.

The patent is not dead though:

Status

Active

2033-04-11

Adjusted expiration

So I'd wager that there are plans.

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:09:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Rumors are rampant. Truth is nobody here has the answer or cannot/will not say.

The patent is not dead though:

Status

Active

2033-04-11

Adjusted expiration

So I'd wager that there are plans.

View Quote

What did they patent?
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What did they patent?
View Quote

Their magazine submission.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US8943727B2/en
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:32:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is there a demand for these mags now?   I'm sitting on thousands of them and no one wants them locally.
View Quote

Definitely.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:38:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Is there a demand for these mags now?   I'm sitting on thousands of them and no one wants them locally.
View Quote

Yeah, for the right price. Most sellers in the EE think they're gold plated.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
At one time I thought I heard a rumor PSA was interested in Okay's equipment. Since then crickets.

It seems that Okay would want to sell the manufacturing equipment if they aren't going to use it, unless they are going to continue sales strictly to the government and law enforcement.
View Quote

Governments and LE aren’t buying them…
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:47:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are any of these FDE 20's? There's an OP with a recent active thread looking for USGI 20's FDE right now.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 1:05:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Any 20's?
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 1:08:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I have gray 20s and 30s, and black 30s.   I'll post them in the EE and see what happens.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are any of these FDE 20's? There's an OP with a recent active thread looking for USGI 20's FDE right now.

I have gray 20s and 30s, and black 30s.   I'll post them in the EE and see what happens.

I would like some Gray 20's.  Where are you listing them, in AR magazines in EE?
You can also message me.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 1:51:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Good luck at $15.00 + shipping.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 2:02:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I would like some Gray 20's.  Where are you listing them, in AR magazines in EE?
You can also message me.
View Quote
@GrumpyinStL

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/Okay-Surefeed-Magazines/24-2354070/

Better hurry. 20's are going really fast    

Link Posted: 5/9/2023 2:47:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

None needed, OOS now.

Besides, no longer in production, $15 is a steal.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 2:52:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Governments and LE aren't buying them
View Quote
Pmags are gov't issue now.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Governments and LE aren't buying them

So are the blue follower tan painted mags.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 4:16:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is that why we're not seeing the pmag hater threads anymore because they probably all finally stroked out or something?
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 10:40:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 6:07:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:31:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 9:02:29 PM EDT
[#28]
They didn’t go out of business.  Who says they are even selling the equipment?  That stuff could collect dust for a few years.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 3:20:43 AM EDT
[#29]
I've seen nothing aside from speculation. Okay was making the Colt branded aluminum mags.

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 11:53:00 AM EDT
[#30]
This is a chance for ProMag to step up their game.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 11:55:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/12/2023 5:33:36 PM EDT
[#32]
A loooong time ago I read that the tooling was moved from from company to company by the feds, once a company had reached a certain point (not sure if profit or numbers) the tooling was moved to the next company.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 10:43:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 10:15:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
A loooong time ago I read that the tooling was moved from from company to company by the feds, once a company had reached a certain point (not sure if profit or numbers) the tooling was moved to the next company.
View Quote

That's because of the DOD's preferential treatment of disadvantaged companies.

A company could bid on a magazine contract and win it because they had enough preference points as a small business, or minority business, or sheltered workshop status.

I heard when Center Industries had the contract they employed people with disabilities such as wheelchair bound or developmentally delayed (retarded) people. They were a sheltered workshop type company and easily beat out everyone else for the contract.

But the contracts were so lucrative the business would inevitably expand or begin to hire non-minority or non handicapped workers to keep up, and the government would pull the contract at the end of the term and repeat the whole cycle again.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 9:54:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

What did they patent?
View Quote

In part:

2. The magazine of claim 1 wherein the first angled surface and the first edge define a first point of intersection, the first point of intersection being about 0.785 inches from the first end.
3. The magazine of claim 2 wherein the second angled surface and the second edge define a second point of intersection, the second point of intersection being about 0.785 inches from the second end.
4. The magazine of claim 3 wherein the first wall, second wall, first projection and second projection are made from aluminum.
5. The magazine of claim 3 wherein the first wall, second wall, first projection and second projection are made from steel.
6. The magazine of claim 3 wherein the first wall, second wall, first projection and second projection are made from plastic.

8. The magazine of claim 7 wherein the first edge has a length of less than or equal to 0.785 inches.
9. The magazine of claim 8 wherein the second edge has a length of less than or equal to 0.785 inches.
10. The magazine of claim 9 further comprising a first fillet between the first angled surface and a second fillet between the second angle surface and the fourth portion.
11. The magazine of claim 10 wherein the first fillet and the first angled surface define a first point of intersection, the first point of intersection being about 1.05 inches from an opposite end of the first portion.
12. The magazine of claim 11 wherein the second fillet and the second angled surface define a second point of intersection, the second point of intersection being about 1.05 inches from an opposite end of the second portion.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:39:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

@backbencher

I noticed ProMag makes a straight 20 rounder. I have no idea how good or bad it is.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:41:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

@backbencher

I noticed ProMag makes a straight 20 rounder. I have no idea how good or bad it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@backbencher

I've used their flush fit steel 5 rnd and roller mag follower polymer 30, no issues.  Have a flush fit 10 round, haven't shot it yet.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 11:20:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I've used their flush fit steel 5 rnd and roller mag follower polymer 30, no issues.  Have a flush fit 10 round, haven't shot it yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@backbencher

I heard their roller mag follower mag is good.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 12:02:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  This is a chance for ProMag to step up their game.  

@backbencher

I've only run one or two mag fulls through it - worked fine.  I think most new condition AR mags work fine  in most new condition ARs.  Where I've had mag issues - well used M4 w/ worn out, supposed to be surplussed aluminum mags w/ non-tan followers - double feeds.  Undergassed 27" pencil bbl w/ rifle+3" gas, standard carrier & BCG - straight 20 Magpuls gave me more issue than curved 30 Magpuls.  Problem wasn't the mags, it was the undergas issue, solved by pullling all the weights out of the buffer & a lightweight steel carrier.

ProMag makes replacement mags (and often, the only replacement mags) for a lot of older guns, and I think as a consequence gets blamed for malfunctions that may be the fault of worn out guns that needed magazines hand fit to the gun in the first place.  They're good enough to be an OEM supplier to CMMG & KelTec.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top