Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2020 3:54:11 PM EST
Transport to range... maybe fit two rifles... quality materials and construction
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 1:30:53 PM EST
VooDoo Tactical makes a nice double rifle case
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 1:31:33 PM EST
I have a double rifle from Drago Gear. It's ok. Does what it's supposed to do.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 1:37:18 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/5/2020 1:40:25 PM EST by 77Bronc]
I have about 6 different manufacturers of cases and by far, the best one is an I-Shot SERT case.  It is built like a tank, they are not cheap, but made like no other case, at least mine are, they are about 10 years old.  They are a single case with a very large side pocket that can hold a shorter rifle or SBR.  I have two of them and carry my most expensive rifles in them, only case I will trust with these investments

www.sert.us

Bronc
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 2:25:39 PM EST
I’m using a Condor Javelin..
lot of space, good padding and the loop lining is nice in order to use Velcro to keep things in place
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 2:36:11 PM EST
Ive had the voodoo two double rifle bag for 6-7 years and ive not been easy on it , it still looks and functions like new. Has a large compartment with a nice padded divider for 2 long guns. A sec large section for either 2 hand guns or a sub gun. 3 med sized pouches on the front i use 2 to hold 6 mags and the center for tools and other crap.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 2:39:45 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 77Bronc:
I have about 6 different manufacturers of cases and by far, the best one is an I-Shot SERT case.  It is built like a tank, they are not cheap, but made like no other case, at least mine are, they are about 10 years old.  They are a single case with a very large side pocket that can hold a shorter rifle or SBR.  I have two of them and carry my most expensive rifles in them, only case I will trust with these investments

www.sert.us

Bronc
View Quote

I agree, I’ve got thisSert
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 2:50:33 PM EST
Lynx Defense.

Made in USA, good stitching, 500D Cordura fabric. A bit spendy.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 3:07:57 PM EST
Assault Systems,,  

who changed their name to Shooting Systems and is now sold by Elite

excellent soft cases
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 4:36:23 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 5:42:24 PM EST
@bfoosh06

This is good to hear, as I have been looking at this brand since they were Assault Systems.

Their gear does look well made, in USA I think, and pricing is reasonable....just have never held any of their products.

Bronc
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 6:25:00 PM EST
I don't see the I-Shot case on their website.  Maybe not made any longer?  I do see a couple of "takedown" cases.  The longer one is out of stock, like so many gun related items.

www.sert.us

Bronc
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/5/2020 9:05:45 PM EST
Originally Posted By Glenn54:
I don't see the I-Shot case on their website.  Maybe not made any longer?  I do see a couple of "takedown" cases.  The longer one is out of stock, like so many gun related items.

View Quote

@Glenn54

Go to their website

www.SERT.us  and look under the drop down menu.  I just looked and they are there.  Their website has some funny algorithms   Will work on my MacBook, but not my iPads....go figure

Bronc
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 9:16:44 PM EST
Had no idea I-shot was still around.  I had a couple of their cases a while back. VERY well made.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 9:32:10 PM EST
My LBX Tactical rifle bag is my favorite. They are on sale right now too if I'm not mistakin.
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 10:14:49 PM EST

@Glenn54

Go to their website

www.SERT.us  and look under the drop down menu.  I just looked and they are there.  Their website has some funny algorithms   Will work on my MacBook, but not my iPads....go figure

Bronc
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Glenn54:

@Glenn54

Go to their website

Bronc

Maybe I need to set up an account first.  I tried your suggestion but still no luck.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 2:19:16 PM EST

www.sert.us

Bronc
View Quote

Thx for the tip, these looks solid.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 2:48:13 PM EST
Eagle M4 cases are pretty nice.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 3:51:01 PM EST
Galati International
I've had this case for 15 years
Here but not cheap

They do have seconds at half the price. I would pick one up if I need another case
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 8:33:59 PM EST
Originally Posted By dphill:
Galati International
Here but not cheap

They do have seconds at half the price. I would pick one up if I need another case
View Quote

I've got two Galati cases that are both over 30 years old and are still in great shape.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 9:40:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/6/2020 9:45:01 PM EST by bfoosh06]
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 10:28:57 PM EST
Originally Posted By brx123:
Ive had the voodoo two double rifle bag for 6-7 years and ive not been easy on it , it still looks and functions like new. Has a large compartment with a nice padded divider for 2 long guns. A sec large section for either 2 hand guns or a sub gun. 3 med sized pouches on the front i use 2 to hold 6 mags and the center for tools and other crap.
View Quote

Another vote for the Voodoo tactical bags here, I've got one going on 12 years now, been dragged round many 3 gun matches and countless range days, still going strong. In addition to the above the 2 long gun bag I've got also has 2 pistol pouches amongst the other many compartments and with the webbing on the outside you can attach even more.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 8:45:42 AM EST

www.sert.us

Bronc
View Quote

Absolutely.  I love my SERT case and now I want another one.  I bought it because it fits perfectly into my pelican storm case.  No more foam for me.  As a bonus, as @77Bronc alluded to they are semi rigid themselves and as such they provide an awesome level of protection.  Even without the storm case, I would feel 100% comfortable just dropping my rifle as long as it is strapped down inside.  I replaced a haley strategic incog bag with it because the incog bag has ZERO padding on the sides which annoyed me to no end.
Link Posted: 7/7/2020 3:54:11 PM EST
[Last Edit: 7/7/2020 3:54:11 PM EST by Lancelot]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 8:43:07 AM EST
Tyr Tactical makes good stuff.
Link Posted: 8/26/2020 10:25:09 PM EST
Lynx and Elite survival systems make some decent USA made cases.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 11:24:00 AM EST
Originally Posted By brx123:
View Quote

I gotta say, this guy speaks the truth!! I have a few of the VooDoo double rifle bags and use them often, they are holding up fine.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 9:29:02 AM EST
I was surprised by the quality if the Savior Equipment bags. Excellent value for the price. I have the covert which has a great strap for over the shoulder carry like a sling. My only complaint is i wish it cane with more molle velcro straps. It currently hfd a 12.5 5.56 in the main with a 8” 300aac in the aux. Ive used the triangular muzzle boot shown for a pistol too in the outer zip.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 4:19:03 AM EST
Originally Posted By dphill:
Galati International
Here but not cheap

View Quote

Originally Posted By steve88GT:

I've got two Galati cases that are both over 30 years old and are still in great shape.
View Quote

I have a Galati International discreet case that I've owned for about a dozen years now.  Awesome piece of kit.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 1:27:00 PM EST
Originally Posted By SEA365:
I was surprised by the quality if the Savior Equipment bags. Excellent value for the price. I have the covert which has a great strap for over the shoulder carry like a sling. My only complaint is i wish it cane with more molle velcro straps. It currently hfd a 12.5 5.56 in the main with a 8” 300aac in the aux. Ive used the triangular muzzle boot shown for a pistol too in the outer zip.
View Quote

I bought the 30" version of this.  I can fit my 10.5 pistol with an SBA3 on one side.  I can put my AUG A3M1 on the other side.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 1:30:55 PM EST
AMS
https://www.americanmountainsupply.com/cases/long-gun/tactical-rifle/discreet-tactical-rifle-case
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 3:34:51 PM EST
I have had good hard use out of the Hazard 4 cases (Smuggler and Longshot), and LaRue Tactical.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 8:37:19 PM EST
Have you looked at Hogue? They are on the more expensive side, but their rifle bags are pretty nice.

Hogue Inc - Rifle bags
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 6:41:55 PM EST
Tactical Tailor and Armegedon Gear make my go to soft cases.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 9:41:28 AM EST
Originally Posted By akajimmy:

I bought the 30" version of this.  I can fit my 10.5 pistol with an SBA3 on one side.  I can put my AUG A3M1 on the other side.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By akajimmy:
Originally Posted By SEA365:

Ive got the 30" and 34" for 8.3" 300 and 12.3" 5.56

There was another thread in here where we were talking about them, but the buckles on the straps being a weak point. Mine will unbuckle randomly when transporting to and from my truck.

Ive ordered a 2" Cobra buckle that Im going to try to retrofit to that bag to see if its doable
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 8:57:43 AM EST
Originally Posted By 402joel:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 402joel:

www.sert.us

Bronc

These look like the ones LaRue sells (but without the markup)
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:54:17 PM EST

www.sert.us

Bronc
View Quote

I was just on the SERT website and I don't see any mention of I-Shot cases.  Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:54:56 PM EST
Originally Posted By duckhook02:

I was just on the SERT website and I don't see any mention of I-Shot cases.  Am I missing something?
View Quote

I think i-Shot was the old company name.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:02:45 PM EST
I have a Drago double rifle case it's great but for some reason it's sort of bent. I Shot or something i got for Christmas 5 years ago is good to go too.
Top Top