Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2018 3:25:13 PM EDT
I am trying to source a Hodge Defense BCG. I have every other Hodge Defense part except that. I believe his BCG's are manufactured for him by a third party.  Until I can acquire the properly marked one, I'd like a spec one to put in my rifle.

Can anyone tell me who he sources his BCG's from?

Thank you for your help.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 10:22:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am trying to source a Hodge Defense BCG. I have every other Hodge Defense part except that. I believe his BCG's are manufactured for him by a third party.  Until I can acquire the properly marked one, I'd like a spec one to put in my rifle.

Can anyone tell me who he sources his BCG's from?

Thank you for your help.
View Quote
I know he has put the clover leaf on Radian BCG at one point
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:11:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Microbest probably.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:23:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Someone in an older thread said Azimuth Technologies.  They're the company that makes the "enhanced" melonite bcgs.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 5:48:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A little more info from J. Hodge:

"Then we have the BCG. Nothing, really, is going to make a gas-ring more than a gas-ring, and the same for an extractor spring, so obviously there are wear items. However, the QPQ BCG's I have used in the past are all VERY slick internally, which theoretically should cut down on wear to the rings. That said, QPQ cam-pins show a lot less wear in my experience than Chrome lined, or regular Phosphate cam-pins. Further, QPQ on steel when dry, is more lubricious than non-QPQ steel on steel action. One thing learned during NSW/DEVGRU testing is that a properly lubed bolt lasts longer. Why? Because the axial forces between the bolt lugs and the receiver extension are lessened secondary to a lower coefficient of friction on the parts if you run the gunwet instead of dry. Thus, theoretically, a QPQ bolt is less likely to shear lugs than is a non-QPQ bolt, all other things being equal, as the coefficient of friction between QPQ and Steel lubed or dry, respectively, is lower than steel/steel lubed, or dry, respectively. Now I fully grant that this is theory, but it does have science to back it up. Same for the cam-pin wear situation. Wear creates slop. Cam-pins have a +- 0.0015" OD tolerance, IIRC, for a reason. The more slop, the more shock, and when you have wear, you get slop. Stop the wear, stop the slop. The cam-pin not wearing should preserve the interface between the cam-pin hole and the cam-pin, and prevent shock loading of the bolt at that critical junction, later in the BCG's lifecycle where typical cam-pins will have worn. Again, this is theory, but I personally know of several QPQ BCG's with thousands and thousands (well past 10K) of suppressed, full auto, etc. type rounds on them, and they are fine. Underlying heat-treat and proper dimensional specs are THE KEY to these types of components, though, to be fair."
View Quote
Jim Hodge didn't say that,  but he did agree with it.

Azimuth milspec QPQ bcgs meet the spec outlined by him for his BCGs, and I would look there for a similar to Hodge OEM bcg.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 5:48:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/402771/IMG_1711_PNG-765797.JPG
View Quote
Not unless radian also used his supplier.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 2:32:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 6:49:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/402771/IMG_1711_PNG-765797.JPG
Correct, I'd say same supplier.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top