Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2021 1:35:46 PM EDT
I have to get rid of one. Just would like some outside input.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:41:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Neither.  Find a different gun or way to make the income gap.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:50:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Why do you have to get rid of one? To get Super Duty?
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#3]
If I absolutely had no other option but to sell, I'd keep the CQB.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:58:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the cqb a pistol? Have a suppressor?

If its a pistol and no suppressor I'd let that one go. If you have a suppressor I'd keep that one.

If you don't have a suppressor it seems like more demand for cqb these days so you'll get more. And 16 is fine for 99% of use especially if you don't have a suppressor
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 2:14:03 PM EDT
[#5]
No silencer, but yeah that’s a good point on the CQB bringing in more $. I wonder what a complete CQB pistol would fetch in today’s crazy market. Selling to add to the night vision fund/ pay a vet bill
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 2:41:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Keep both and sell other things or save your money. You may never find either one again.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:25:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Why do you have to?

I wouldn't sell my kac set ups because I normally sell to get something else and I think those are about as good as it gets. The only reason I would consider selling one would be my cqb all though that is the best AR I've ever owned it's a pistol and if the laws change surrounding these I don't want to do the NFA thing.

Even then I would only consider selling if I could get something cool like a scar, mp5, hk rifles, or something as cool as the cqb. Now is definitely the time to sell but I'm not sure you can top what you have.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 5:07:06 PM EDT
[#8]
The CQB is pretty meh so that’s what I would (and did) sell. The 16 with the 3.1 is the hotness.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 5:57:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I have learned to ask myself "If I sell this can I replace it?"

Learned that the hard way on a Magpul Dynamics gun.

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Keep both and sell other things or save your money. You may never find either one again.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:51:22 PM EDT
[#11]
It’s a vet bill that’s causing it. I have given some thought about downsizing as a whole and selling some other handguns too before letting these go.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:35:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Sell them both and get a 14.5 carbine with a pin & welded MAMS

Sweetest non-suppressed KAC setup.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:03:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Sell the handguns or better yet work out a payment plan with the vet - most people will work with you if you talk to them about it.  You may never fine another CQB.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:33:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It’s a vet bill that’s causing it. I have given some thought about downsizing as a whole and selling some other handguns too before letting these go.
View Quote

Is the vet a gun guy? Trade him a glock or something

I would sell the sights, buffer, upper, and lower separately. You will make a hell of a lot more.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:48:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sell the handguns or better yet work out a payment plan with the vet - most people will work with you if you talk to them about it.  You may never fine another CQB.
View Quote

I agree, guns like what you have are getting harder to find and will get worst in a few months

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:05:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It’s a vet bill that’s causing it.
View Quote

My wife’s a VET and we own a hospital. This statement makes me sad and I’d never agree to these terms. Keep your guns and work something out. I love my pets...but we’re talking KAC here...lol.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:28:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

My wife’s a VET and we own a hospital. This statement makes me sad and I’d never agree to these terms. Keep your guns and work something out. I love my pets...but we’re talking KAC here...lol.
View Quote

Right ask for a payment plan
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:34:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah I could look into a payment plan. I didn’t really think about that to be honest.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:43:24 PM EDT
[#19]
OP, you got two kidneys.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:28:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Know anyone who’s buying?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:46:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yeah I could look into a payment plan. I didn’t really think about that to be honest.
View Quote

Yea, you should...! And, good on you for not thinking about it right away. That’s straight up. You know the drill...workout something good for both side, then pay it off early. Then everyone’s happy!
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:08:52 PM EDT
[#22]
It's sad to hear that you have unexpected bills and that you're looking to selling a valuable item to cover the cost. I'm guessing the vet bill must be in the few 1000s for you to need to sell the gun.

As a general rule, it's never a good idea to sell stuff to cover an unexpected bill. The problem is more unexpected bills will come here and there and it's probably a good idea in the future to have a rainy day account as oppose to buying something and hoping it retains its value at a later date. Of course that doesn't help you with your current problem, but it is something to consider.

I sold some things that I regret to this day. While I could get a "replacement" to the item, it's not the same.

My sincere advice is to find an alternative way to pay for the vet bill. At this stage, it is unwise to sell any firearm as you may never get it back. With Biden in the office, and what is effectively a 2 branch government, you don't know what will happen at the national level. Not only that, states are getting dangerous too because they're looking to implement AWB of some sort which will make getting your KAC back impossible.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:18:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Any good Vet will work out a payment plan.  If they wouldn't, I don't think I'd trust them.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:45:17 PM EDT
[#24]
I only sell things to get other things I want and unless it's junk I usually regret it. In the case that you have an emergency and have to come up with money now I can understand. However it's good to have a credit card for emergency situations even though it's tempting to use that credit card on something new and cool that you come across.

Edit- to keep things somewhat more technical I'd say the cqb will be harder to replace in the long run.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:16:53 AM EDT
[#25]
I like the CQB better of the 2 so sold the 16.  I think it comes down you being able to adjust accessories and grip better.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:19:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Sell the CQB. People are paying premium and it's still in production so your chances to repurchase in the future are higher.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Short barrels are sexy as can be. All I'd own if it wasn't such a pain. 16s look lame unless set up for precision shooting. Imho
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:37:30 PM EDT
[#28]
You should never have to sell a gun to pay for a vet bill.
But I guess if you have to then sell the 16 inch.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:13:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Update: the bill is in the 5k range. Also have decided to try and sell some of the “unsellable” guns such as a mint condition no dash mod 19 that I have prior to getting rid of either kacs. Given the climate today, I’m going to try and keep these
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Sell them both and get a 14.5 carbine
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:40:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Update: the bill is in the 5k range. Also have decided to try and sell some of the “unsellable” guns such as a mint condition no dash mod 19 that I have prior to getting rid of either kacs. Given the climate today, I’m going to try and keep these
View Quote

Nope, just nope.  Time to put him/her down.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 10:46:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Pay 200 a month for 2 years. I rent and will get a dog(assume that is a dog you have) when I buy a house. I don't think I'd value a particular gun over a dog I loved but I'd figure out a way. Raise it on Facebook or have a benefit people will definitely help with saving a family dog these days. Just word it right someone will help. I know it's like charity but as long as it's an honest thing I'd bet you can keep your stuff.

The complete cqb parted out will get you close if you have to sell.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:06:12 AM EDT
[#33]
I couldn't tell if you meant SR15 16 inch upper or SR16 CQB upper vs SR15 CQB upper.

If it's the SR15 16 inch upper, this imo, would be my first piece to go and keep SR15 CQB. If it's SR16 CQB vs. SR15 CQB, definitely keep the SR16 CQB upper.

Modern KAC uppers are not rare nor hard to find. You should feel free to take advantage of current premium pricing to give you the care your pet needs. You will be able to buy them again later, at a cheaper price when demand is lower. No idea when this will be, but status quo never remains the same. Again, this only applies to SR15 Mod 2 uppers. If you have SR16 CQB upper, do not sell this.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:47:11 AM EDT
[#34]
I’m confused by this post. You say SR16, but the poll is listed as 16”. And people are talking about 16” guns. The Sr16 is a 11.5” , same as the CQB right? Which in that case why not sell the CQB? Since theoretically you can still buy one much easier down the line then a SR16.  Unless I’m missing something.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:49:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Bad poll.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:20:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Didn’t even notice I did that. For the record, rifle is sr15 16”.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:23:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Didn’t even notice I did that. For the record, rifle is sr15 16”.
View Quote

Oh, well then the 16" did nothing for me that my 6920 doesn't do. I sold it and bought another 11.5".
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:23:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Sell them both and get a 14.5 carbine with a pin & welded MAMS

Sweetest non-suppressed KAC setup.
View Quote

What is the flash like on a MAMS? I love the idea of muzzle compensation, but I'm not down with beight flash signature either.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 4:40:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Sell the CQB, to me
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

What is the flash like on a MAMS? I love the idea of muzzle compensation, but I'm not down with beight flash signature either.
View Quote

I haven't shot one at night but I can say it's definitely obnoxious. The MAMS I have is pinned and I have to get behind it some before I really can judge it but I'd probably get a normal fh on a something I'd consider a good go to like a 14.5 kac.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:16:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Id be working weekends at the vets office before selling the gun now. No telling if your gonna have a chance to buy another
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top