Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 10:09:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Anything unusual about your rifle that could be a culprit? Mods of some kind? ETS is usually pretty reliable, as long as you're using brass.
View Quote

I've got 5 ETS mags from when they first came out and they have been perfect in all of my rifles with brass or steel Tula. From 1990-2000 franken rifles/carbines to 1986 to 1990 Colt Hbar A2's and 2005-2011 Colt M4 LEO carbines.

In fact the ETS and pmags are the only ones I use in my franken rifles/carbines now because they hold the rounds a little higher in them which is needed because they unfortunately don't have the m4 feed ramps and rifles/carbines that were pieced together    
during the ban era with rifle extensions.

Guess I got lucky. I would have bought more, but I'm not in buying mode anymore at my age and poor, I mean retired.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 5:45:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What is the best polymer AR15 magazine for reliability and longevity other than Pmag?

Pmags are secure in their great reputation, hence they're left out.
View Quote

Compared to when I started this thread, it looks more and more if a person wants polymer in the future it may have to be other than Pmag.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Compared to when I started this thread, it looks more and more if a person wants polymer in the future it may have to be other than Pmag.
View Quote

How did you come to that assertion?
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 9:13:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Things are selling out.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 9:34:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Things are selling out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Things are selling out.

Gotcha now.

Link Posted: 6/29/2020 10:50:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Anything unusual about your rifle that could be a culprit? Mods of some kind? ETS is usually pretty reliable, as long as you're using brass.
View Quote

I had issues with ammo getting jammed up in their GLOCK mags, even the replacements they sent me did it.  Im not the only one its happened to.  Both brass and steel cased failed in there.  I had a couple of their rifle mags and that just kind of killed my vibe with them and i traded them for aluminum mags.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 7:11:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I had issues with ammo getting jammed up in their GLOCK mags, even the replacements they sent me did it.  Im not the only one its happened to.  Both brass and steel cased failed in there.  I had a couple of their rifle mags and that just kind of killed my vibe with them and i traded them for aluminum mags.
View Quote

I'd contact ETS about it. They have a great warranty and they stand by their products.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 1:38:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'd contact ETS about it. They have a great warranty and they stand by their products.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Did you miss this part?

even the replacements they sent me did it.

Doesn't matter how good your warranty is if I don't trust your product.  If it would have been 1 or 2 mags I maybe could have brushed it off but when even the replacements failed in the same way no thanks.  I'll just stick with OEM mags.  I traded those off 2 ETS mags for 1 GLOCK mag with full disclosure about the issues I was having with them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 7:18:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Did you miss this part?

Doesn't matter how good your warranty is if I don't trust your product.  If it would have been 1 or 2 mags I maybe could have brushed it off but when even the replacements failed in the same way no thanks.  I'll just stick with OEM mags.  I traded those off 2 ETS mags for 1 GLOCK mag with full disclosure about the issues I was having with them.
View Quote

Refund.

Think outside the box.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 11:47:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Did you miss this part?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you miss this part?

even the replacements they sent me did it.

Link Posted: 7/2/2020 10:40:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Refund.

Think outside the box.
View Quote

Why deal with that?  Someone wanted them even after seeing my issues and I a decent mag in trade.  Works for me.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 2:10:32 AM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By douglasmorris99:
what are these new "Mission First Tactical" all about?

SAME JUNK AS ORIGINAL EVIDENTLY

Based on one guy who had an issue? Of the three folks in that thread who had negative feedback, one was firsthand with gen 2, one was secondhand with first gen and one wasn’t specific about what gen the mags he used were. I have a gen two a guy gave me with a gun that runs great in a silenced MK12 clone, 10.5 Colt SBR, 11.5 Franken-SBR, and a 10.5 postie. I have it in circulation right along with my pmags and in dozens of leadings, I don’t recall an issue. There, I cancelled out the one verifiable negative.... grab one if you see a deal and try it. If it’s crap let us know, if it’s good, do the same..
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 9:32:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Based on one guy who had an issue? Of the three folks in that thread who had negative feedback, one was firsthand with gen 2, one was secondhand with first gen and one wasn’t specific about what gen the mags he used were. I have a gen two a guy gave me with a gun that runs great in a silenced MK12 clone, 10.5 Colt SBR, 11.5 Franken-SBR, and a 10.5 postie. I have it in circulation right along with my pmags and in dozens of leadings, I don’t recall an issue. There, I cancelled out the one verifiable negative.... grab one if you see a deal and try it. If it’s crap let us know, if it’s good, do the same..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Originally Posted By douglasmorris99:
what are these new "Mission First Tactical" all about?

SAME JUNK AS ORIGINAL EVIDENTLY

There are literally 3 posters in the linked thread alone that have had issues.

And no shortage of threads/posts across multiple boards with the same data.

I see zero reason for one to handicap themselves right out of the gate, but to each their own.

My suggestion, buy quality mags from a trusted vendor with a known performance track record.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 2:54:01 PM EDT
[#14]
My polymer mag testing which is me at the range and shooting some 3 gun. Troys and Lancers work great. These and P-mags are my go to.  I have a few metal mags that fit better in some mag pouches than any of the polymer mags. My experience with ETS Glock mags has soured me from wanting to try more of their products.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#15]
At this point, with everything we know, it is simply irresponsible not to us use Pmags.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 10:15:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/1/2020 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I run Lancer, ETS, and PMags.  I'd trust my life to any of them.  I'd definitely trust today's casual range session to any of them.

Of the three, I think the ETS gets the least appreciation for how good it is; though my total favorite is the Lancer smoke clear.
View Quote

I run these three as well. PMAGs sell dirt cheap from time to time, so they make up a good chunk of my cache. The Lancers are lighter weight with metal feed lips which has advantages as well. I also love the smoked polymer for round count. The ETS mags are by far the heaviest magazine, but are built like tanks. I have heard they have issues when fire steel cased ammo. I don't know because I don't shoot steel cased ammo.

I had issues with ETS Glock 22- round mags, but no issues with their AR mags.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top