Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2020 7:34:55 PM EDT
I'm picking up a barrel to do an A1(C7) pistol upper.  Narrowed it down to Remington 11.5" 1/7 chrome-lined from CDNN, or Brownells 12.7" lightweight 1/7.  Prices are almost identical with coupons etc.  I don't want to go shorter than 11.5".  The pistol will be mostly for range use, truck gun for back roads (occasional coyote, etc), but not the primary defense tool.

Which would you pick?  Maybe something else all together?
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 8:36:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Brownells.

12.5" is the next best do all length beneath 16" and their return policy cannot be beat.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:22:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm holding out for the Brownells 1/7 11.5 pencil, myself.  https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/barrel-parts/rifle-barrels/ar-15-11-5-a1-carbine-barrel-assembly-prod114047.aspx?avs%7cManufacturer_1=brownells+military+barrels

Personally, I think A1/C7 uppers look better with pencil barrels.  

I just looked at Doublestar, and they have 11.5" 1/9 pencils in stock, chrome lined or non.  It's an "F" marked FSB, though.  I seem to recall seeing a post here by somebody who called Doublestar and had them do a barrel with a non-F, but no idea if that's something they still do.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 5:38:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!  I think I'm going to order one of the Brownells 12.7" 1/7.  That one is a pencil profile I believe... I know it has a .625 gb.  They have 7% cash back on activejunky.com right now... plus the usual mix of coupon codes
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, it's a pencil.  I have one of those, the 1/12 version, back from the first batch when they had a triangle handguard cap.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 5:43:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Go with the Remington. I have two of the 11.5” barrels (well one is 10.3” now). Ideal gas port size, CHF, chrome lined, uncommon and not many left, Socom profile, and just a really nice barrel in general. You can always get the Brownells. You more than likely won’t always be able to get the Remington, and look at how ridiculous the prices have gotten with the 14.5” Rem Socom barrels now that they are out of stock. One sold for more than $500 lol. It’s a no brainer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top