Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/8/2018 10:01:47 PM EDT
I already have an SBA3 equipped pistol.  I initially wanted the Mod2 when it was released but couldn’t justify the price difference.  Now looking at another build & street prices are somewhat closer to parity.

But...the Mod1 on the part-specific KAK pistol tube is pretty appealing also.

KAK TailHook Tube

What say the horde??
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:11:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I have built many many pistols, so I'm running out of original ideas.  I have both the SBA3 on multiple pistols, the Tailhook Mod2 one 1 pistol, and the Tailhook Mod1 on 6 pistols.  I however, use the damage industries  tubes.  I can't say enough about the Mod 1.  Overall its my "go to" or favorite to use.  Comfortable, reasonable price, functional, looks killer
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 12:33:44 AM EDT
[#2]
The Mod 2 has much better "functional" brace mechanics.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 12:52:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks man.  I don’t need adjustable either...looking at the tube length & doing the math, LOP is in the zone.

If you head-to-head your Mod1’s & Mod2 what shakes the bent?  I like the simplicity, lower cost, and probably academic...the aluminum construction of the Mod1.

BTW - Which Damage tube?  The KAK tube looks good & has some function but is heavy (was leaning towards a pretty lightweight build).  I’m not sure beyond positive stop (which the tube will do itself - maybe not good if you have to bang it e.g. mortar) what you gain vs. a std. tube with a padded sleeve.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 1:26:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks man.  I don’t need adjustable either...looking at the tube length & doing the math, LOP is in the zone.

If you head-to-head your Mod1’s & Mod2 what shakes the bent?  I like the simplicity, lower cost, and probably academic...the aluminum construction of the Mod1.

BTW - Which Damage tube?  The KAK tube looks good & has some function but is heavy (was leaning towards a pretty lightweight build).  I’m not sure beyond positive stop (which the tube will do itself - maybe not good if you have to bang it e.g. mortar) what you gain vs. a std. tube with a padded sleeve.
View Quote
Any of the 1.190" tubes:

http://damageindustriesllc.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=62_148_125&product_id=2523
http://damageindustriesllc.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=62_148_125&product_id=2537
http://damageindustriesllc.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=62_148_125&product_id=481
http://damageindustriesllc.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=62_148_125&product_id=2538
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 3:32:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the mod 1 on the KAK tube. I like the extra length of the KAK tube but not so much the extra thickness and weight. The gearhead tube is made for the mod 1, is the same length as the KAK tube without the thickness and weight. With a foam cover it is nice and comfortable.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 3:49:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I use a Mod 1 with Sabertube (pistol length with shoulder machined for the Tailhook). I have the KAK tube, and it is exactly what would be needed, just the length was too long for my needs. The KAK made tube for the Tailhook is slightly longer than a standard receiver extension.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 11:48:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I use a Mod 1 with Sabertube (pistol length with shoulder machined for the Tailhook). I have the KAK tube, and it is exactly what would be needed, just the length was too long for my needs. The KAK made tube for the Tailhook is slightly longer than a standard receiver extension.
View Quote
Yea but the Sabertube cost more than a tax stamp and a stock.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 12:55:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can travel across state lines with my AR pistol/firearm much easier than with an SBR, and it's not on the NFA registry. Plus I bought the components separately, not the pre-made assembly they advertise.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 8:22:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I looked up the Sabertube.  Dayum...very nice and very spendy.  Might just do a std. tube with a pad!
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 10:40:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Love my mod one. Simple and effective
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 12:15:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Love the Mod 1. Simple, sturdy, and secure. I replaced Shockwave and Thordsen products with it.

Link Posted: 12/14/2018 5:29:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a Shockwave on one of my pistols that is getting upgraded with a Law folder, Mod1 and a PWS pistol tube. Contacted GearHead Works and they verified that the PWS tube will work with the mod1
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 11:05:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I have the Mod1 with the KAK tube. The tube is a little heavy, but mounts solid.

I also have the Mod2, but it’s a little bulky. I like the Mod1 setup better.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 11:28:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have a Shockwave on one of my pistols that is getting upgraded with a Law folder, Mod1 and a PWS pistol tube. Contacted GearHead Works and they verified that the PWS tube will work with the mod1
View Quote
I just ordered a PWS pistol tube for my build and want to use the Tailhook Mod 1. You just answered my question as to whether they would be compatible. Thanks.
I'm also using a LAW folder. Love it when a plan comes together.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:14:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I just ordered a PWS pistol tube for my build and want to use the Tailhook Mod 1. You just answered my question as to whether they would be compatible. Thanks.
I'm also using a LAW folder. Love it when a plan comes together.
View Quote
PWS also told me that the buffer tube will need to shaved down slightly on the front lip to work with the Law folder. They make a modified version of the standard mil spec tube for use with Law folders, but none of the pistol tubes. Said you can just use a dremel or some sand paper and take a little bit of the material off to make it work.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top