AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2018 9:16:50 PM EDT
BCM (enhanced/fluted)

or

KAK "Mr. Blond"

or

Ballistic Advantage - Performance Series

Home defense gun - occasional suppressed use, occasional full-auto use.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:17:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
BCM Standard 9" (ENHANCED FLUTED) 300 Blackout Barrel

Or

KAK CHF 1:7 5R 300 BLK 9 INCH PISTOL 41V50 BARREL "MR BLOND

Home defense gun - occasional suppressed use, occasional full-auto use.
View Quote
I vote for BCM. Lighter and chrome-lined.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 10:28:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Out of those 3, BCM.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:15:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Noveske
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Noveske
View Quote
No 9" option.
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 9:01:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No 9" option.
View Quote
Figured 8.5" was close enough to 9"
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 10:54:31 PM EDT
[#6]
+1 on Noveske
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 3:22:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Only reason I'd say BCM is because of the full auto requirement and the chrome lining.

Otherwise... a better comparison to the BCM barrel is the lighter profile 8.3" BA Hanson.  Lining aside, I think it's a nicer barrel with the pinned gas block.   The gas port size just seems to work a hair better all around.

Don't be surprised if you need a relief cut on the back of your can mount for the BA barrels, though.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 11:22:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Only reason I'd say BCM is because of the full auto requirement and the chrome lining.

Otherwise... a better comparison to the BCM barrel is the lighter profile 8.3" BA Hanson.  Lining aside, I think it's a nicer barrel with the pinned gas block.   The gas port size just seems to work a hair better all around.

Don't be surprised if you need a relief cut on the back of your can mount for the BA barrels, though.
View Quote
Don't know if they've updated the Hanson yet, but the last two BA modern series barrels I've purchased were relief cut behind the barrel threads in addition to being 5R rifled.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 3:54:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I have BCM, shot it unsuppressed for a while waiting for can stamp and now stays suppressed for SHTF/HD. Shoot it often and has always performed as expected.
http://imgur.com/E4lcZwU
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top