Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/10/2018 3:11:35 PM EDT
After picking up one of the LW 14.7 green mountain barrel in the group-buy, the last piece of the puzzle for my early 723 build is a gray delta ring. Found one on the EE for my 727 pretty easily a year or two ago, but no bites on my recent WTB. Anyone have a source for these or is waiting for one to pop up on the EE the best option? I have a few black ones laying around. Anyone interested in spraying one with norrells for me?
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 8:51:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
After picking up one of the LW 14.7 green mountain barrel in the group-buy, the last piece of the puzzle for my early 723 build is a gray delta ring. Found one on the EE for my 727 pretty easily a year or two ago, but no bites on my recent WTB. Anyone have a source for these or is waiting for one to pop up on the EE the best option? I have a few black ones laying around. Anyone interested in spraying one with norrells for me?
View Quote
I bought a delta ring from Model 1 Sales a few years ago that matched a few new old stock GI purplish grey slip rings I had rounded up for A1 projects.

You might send an email to ar15sport.com and let them know there is an interest, they have a selection of gray parts but don't remember seeing delta rings.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 9:54:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I was able to find  a retro forum member willing to refinish one for me with Norrells. It looks fantastic.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 10:27:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I bought a delta ring from Model 1 Sales a few years ago that matched a few new old stock GI purplish grey slip rings I had rounded up for A1 projects.

You might send an email to ar15sport.com and let them know there is an interest, they have a selection of gray parts but don't remember seeing delta rings.
View Quote
Right, ar15sport was the first place I checked but I didn't see gray delta rings. I'll contact them and see if they have any interest in doing a batch.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#4]
John over at ar15sport got right back to me. Coincidentally, they just had a small batch of gray delta rings made to test the waters for demand and should have them up on their site at the end of the week. Perfect timing for me! If anyone is in need, head over there and snag one. Coming in clutch for me as I've been really itching to get this build done since the barrel came back from John Thomas.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 1:22:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
John over at ar15sport got right back to me. Coincidentally, they just had a small batch of gray delta rings made to test the waters for demand and should have them up on their site at the end of the week. Perfect timing for me! If anyone is in need, head over there and snag one. Coming in clutch for me as I've been really itching to get this build done since the barrel came back from John Thomas.
View Quote
That's great news, thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 12:48:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Hello.  Do you have one?  Can you post a picture of it next to some other gray parts?  Out in sunlight gives the best color balance.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 9:09:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hello.  Do you have one?  Can you post a picture of it next to some other gray parts?  Out in sunlight gives the best color balance.
View Quote
Sure thing, should be able to get a pic tmr
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 10:57:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't know how I missed this thread originally, but I reached out to John as I could use a couple of grey delta rings. He does not have them available right now, but may have some more done in the spring.

Anyone else have a source?
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 11:15:05 AM EDT
[#9]
I haven't bought one of these, but I have bought some of their grey trigger guards and some other small parts and it matched pretty well.

AR15 Sport
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 5:44:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Here is the AR15sport grey delta ring on my 723. CH upper and NDS lower

For comparison: 727 on the left with a surplus delta ring (FK upper and NDS lower). Right is the 723
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 1:03:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Cool, thanks for taking the pictures.

Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/lE523ij.jpg

For comparison: 727 on the left with a surplus delta ring (FK upper and NDS lower). Right is the 723
http://i.imgur.com/fHN4p1S.jpg
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 6:24:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/lE523ij.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/fHN4p1S.jpg
View Quote
Thank you for this!
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top