Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/17/2021 10:30:26 PM EDT
Neither ADCO nor Retro Arms are currently providing this service.  What other reputable options exist?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:49:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not just buy a new barrel with the profile you seek?  Lead time on barrel work can be painful, even if you find someone to do it.  If it's an accurate barrel, is it still going to be that accurate after it's machined?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:57:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Yah, I would if I could!  But I cannot find what I want in stock anywhere.  I seek a 16” A1/pencil  profile with mid length gas, 0.625” gas block, chrome lined, 5.56 NATO chamber, M4 feed ramps, 1:7 twist, 4150 steel, and preferably cold hammer forged.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:59:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Wilson Combat?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:04:53 PM EDT
[#4]
No such critter in stock or available at Wilson.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:20:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yah, I would if I could!  But I cannot find what I want in stock anywhere.  I seek a 16” A1/pencil  profile with mid length gas, 0.625” gas block, chrome lined, 5.56 NATO chamber, M4 feed ramps, 1:7 twist, 4150 steel, and preferably cold hammer forged.
View Quote

Criterion had an offering that checks all the boxes minus CHF.

No idea if they still do

As for reprofiling, any quality machinist could handle the task. Refinishing may be another chore to track down.

Eta: I was wrong, .223 Wylde chamber. And OP seems to be the only place advertising it. 5-8 weeks lead.

And we all know how OP operates.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:20:45 PM EDT
[#6]
COMPASS LAKE ENGINEERING
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:50:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Out of general curiosity… why those specs?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Paladin Machine Shop Service does all my barrel work, including reprofiling barrels, custom smalls, and making my barrels from blanks.  He has reprofiled quite a few barrels from me and none of them have shown a decrease in accuracy and his prices are more than reasonable and turn around is less than two weeks, door to door.
He is a retired machinist and did all of Teppo Jutsu's (.458 SOCOM fame) barrel work.  He has no web site since word of mouth keeps him as busy as he wants.
Reach him at tp555(at)windstream.net.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:37:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you, Big Bore!
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:54:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
COMPASS LAKE ENGINEERING
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:54:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Paladin Machine Shop Service does all my barrel work, including reprofiling barrels, custom smalls, and making my barrels from blanks.  He has reprofiled quite a few barrels from me and none of them have shown a decrease in accuracy and his prices are more than reasonable and turn around is less than two weeks, door to door.
He is a retired machinist and did all of Teppo Jutsu's (.458 SOCOM fame) barrel work.  He has no web site since word of mouth keeps him as busy as he wants.
Reach him at tp555(at)windstream.net.
View Quote

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top