Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2022 3:13:46 PM EDT
I'd like to put an E2HT head on a 300 body. It sounds like the Vapcell INR 800mah 7A is the battery to get, but I can't find them. Anyone know of a place to buy them?Or are there equivalent alternatives? Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#1]
On a single cell, 300series, body? You probably already know, but for others who are interested, your run time is going to be crazy low. If your stacking them in a double cell, 600series, body that’s not good. For a rechargeable option on a 600 series light I would just go with a single 16650.

As for your question op, sorry I couldn’t be of any help.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 4:08:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
On a single cell, 300series, body? You probably already know, but for others who are interested, your run time is going to be crazy low. If your stacking them in a double cell, 600series, body that’s not good. For a rechargeable option on a 600 series light I would just go with a single 16650.

As for your question op, sorry I couldn’t be of any help.
View Quote

Runtime is 30min with the combo he's talking about though it drops off hard after 25min, more than enough for HD.  I usually go to the range at night for 1.5-2hrs and never had it die on me as the light is only on for a fraction of the time that I'm there.  I'm shooting at paper though so I have to walk back and forth the mark targets which takes up way more time than the actual shooting part.

OP I bought mine on ebay but I think liionwholesale carries them as well.  It looks like there's no 800mah listings on ebay right now but there are 850mah ones.  I would check with the flashlight experts first to make sure it won't fry your light, but I'm guessing the 850 is just a newer version (don't think it existed when I bought mine) and it might even be a better option.  Don't take my word for it though as I just copied this dude:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-Arisaka-600-head-on-a-300-body-ultralight-alternative-to-Modlite-EDITED-TO-CORRECT-ERRORS/20-745786/?
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 11:43:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I have (3) 300 series bodies, and I have some E2XT head. I should probably try this and see how it works. I could use some ultra compact lights for my B&T and a few other shorty ARs
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 7:17:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:OP I bought mine on ebay but I think liionwholesale carries them as well.  It looks like there's no 800mah listings on ebay right now but there are 850mah ones.
View Quote

Liion Wholsale said “I don't believe that model is available anymore, I think it's discontinued.”

They’re not listed for sale at Vapcell anymore.

And the 850mah batteries you refer to on eBay are “low drain” at 3A vs the “hi drain” at 7A, so I’m worried they won’t work.

The only place I’ve found the 800mah 7A is Alibaba with $38+ shipping. So, unless a bunch of us want them to reduce the cost per piece from Alibaba, I’m still interested in the best alternative. I understand Efest battery will work with shorter runtime still.

Link Posted: 3/8/2022 6:21:14 AM EDT
[#5]
To get full output you want an unprotected High discharge 7A rated 16340. Efest IMR16340 V2 High Discharge Battery is 7A rated and sold by Malkoff. Only 700 mah but as close as you can find now.

Once I saw the Vapcell 800mah 7A rated get scarce I bought all of them up I could find and have a small stash for my ultralight builds.

You want 7A rated to resist low voltage and capacity at high draw. A 3A rated 750-850mah cell will have less run time than a 700mah 7A rated cell due to the voltage sag at high draw.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 7:15:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks @Devl

I think I’m going to bite the bullet and get some from Alibaba with $38+ shipping, so if anyone wants some, reach out to me and we can reduce the shipping price per piece as a group.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 8:32:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I previously decided it wasn't worth buying any as the $38 shipping from Alibaba is too much. That said, I just checked recently and now there's several cheaper options. I ordered 4 with the cheapest shipping, which will supposedly take around a month, and the total was $20.49. Hopefully I'll get them and I'll update if/when I do.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 5:44:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I previously decided it wasn't worth buying any as the $38 shipping from Alibaba is too much. That said, I just checked recently and now there's several cheaper options. I ordered 4 with the cheapest shipping, which will supposedly take around a month, and the total was $20.49. Hopefully I'll get them and I'll update if/when I do.
View Quote

Glad to hear you found an alternative.  I didn't realize these were discontinued.  Think I'm going to order some more while it's still possible, as I only have a few and I really like the flexibility these offer.  I use one on a E2HT and one with a M600 Vampire head, works great with both.  The Vampire head in particular is perfect for these bc it already gets a ludicrous 2.5/16.5hrs white/IR on a 600 body.

Did you still order through alibaba?  And if so do you have a link to the listing?  I'm only seeing one with $50 shipping but $2 each for the batteries.  If the listing you ordered from is gone I may just send it and buy 15 of these bc that'll come to ~$5.30 each which is around what I paid originally.  If your order doesn't work out I'll gladly send you some bc I definitely do not need 15, I just want to make sure to get some more of these if there's a chance of them disappearing.

One thing I will mention is make sure you aren't overcharging them.  When I first got mine I just plopped one of them into my full size nitecore charger that comes with Modlites and it probably damaged the battery because of the current level - still works fine, but I'm sure it wasn't good for the battery charging it super fast like that.  There's probably a way you can adjust the charge rate on the Nitecore charger but I didn't feel like fiddling with the thing depending on what batteries I'm charging, so I just bought a separate charger called XTAR MC1 - only $10-15 and it charges from a USB cable.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 9:44:22 PM EDT
[#9]
^^^ All great info, many thanks! Especially interesting that it also works with the M600 Vampire. I didn’t know that and now, want to do that. I’m thinking I’ll also do a E2HT and M600 and have a spare battery for each.

It seems we’re looking at the same listing. Not sure what’s up with their shipping charges. It was $38, then I recently pulled the trigger because it went down to $10.48, and now it’s $50!! I also appreciate the offer should I have an order issue, thanks again.

Vapcell 16340 800mAh 7A
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 2:01:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Despite what it says at the above alibaba link, they do NOT have them in stock, they said they're not available, and asked me to cancel my order. I did and got a refund.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 1:43:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Just wanted to let everyone know that the Efest IMR16340 does power a Malkoff E2XT head and a Surefire M600V head as well. I dont know about run times but it does work.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top