Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2020 1:51:04 AM EDT
I have not been able to find the bottles of Break free in months at any of the big box stores or anywhere for that matter.   I have looked at Academy, Wal-Mart, Dicks (no more for them) and everywhere else I can think of.  The only thing I see any more is the spray can and the cleaning wipes.  It's been this way for at least six months to the point I started thinking they quit making it available in bottles.  Did the big retailers drop the product for some reason?
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 2:06:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have not been able to find the bottles of Break free in months at any of the big box stores or anywhere for that matter.   I have looked at Academy, Wal-Mart, Dicks (no more for them) and everywhere else I can think of.  The only thing I see any more is the spray can and the cleaning wipes.  It's been this way for at least six months to the point I started thinking they quit making it available in bottles.  Did the big retailers drop the product for some reason?
View Quote

What do you mean? I’m not sure about your local retailers, as big box stores do goofy shit all the time, but it’s definitely available at BROWNELLS and Amazon.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 2:21:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Midway, Optic Planet, eBay, Amazon, Sportsman's Guide, Sportsman's Supply, Cheaper than Dirt, Natchez....
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 5:51:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm in the same boat, have to mail order CLP.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 7:31:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Didn't Safariland buy them a few years ago?  Maybe look for Safariland CLP - packaging might be different.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 8:29:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Not to make anyone jealous but about 1985 or 6 I was at summer camp at Camp Shelby, MS. I was tasked with helping clean up the motor pool. Evidently the previous unit had left behind several gallons of the good CLP. The kind that smells like bananas with the Teflon. Needless to say I have a lifetime supply.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 12:00:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Safariland has a new label on their CLP's/L/P lineup from what I can see (Breakfree) so I am guessing that the new labeling may possibly have something to do with the lack of box stores carrying it?  It has been harder to find here in SC also so I ordered some online.  I found some in a local gun store and I have noticed the price has gone up.  If you go straight to Safariland you can order it directly from their also.  

A few months ago I started again using Breakfree CLP for almost all of my firearms cleaning and Breakfree LP for lubing them up. I was using Froglube CLP for many years (and now I have switched back to Breakfree products almost exclusively) and I still use the Froglube Extreme CLP but only on 1 pistol that I carry daily and my knives.  I hope this helps and I have no connection to the aforementioned companies I merely use some of their kit.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 2:06:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not to make anyone jealous but about 1985 or 6 I was at summer camp at Camp Shelby, MS. I was tasked with helping clean up the motor pool. Evidently the previous unit had left behind several gallons of the good CLP. The kind that smells like bananas with the Teflon. Needless to say I have a lifetime supply.
View Quote

I'm jelly. That smell brings me back to simpler times back when I was happy in life and things were easy.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 2:07:14 AM EDT
[#9]
The newest Breakfree smells to me like burnt rubber.
Link Posted: 9/15/2020 2:49:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I got a gallon of Break Free CLP from Brownells back in July. Got it within days of ordering it. Price was right, too.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:36:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine came with my kleen bore cleaning kit.  And then knocked it over with the lid off
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 1:08:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Walmart sells the one gallon bottles:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Break-Free-Liquid-Cleaner-Lubricant-And-Preservative-Gallon-CLP-7-1/201852693

There are smaller 4oz bottles but you get a whole lot more with a gallon bottle and costs far less.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Back-ordered a 16 oz bottle from Brownells and it shipped this week.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 10:58:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Walmart sells the one gallon bottles:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Break-Free-Liquid-Cleaner-Lubricant-And-Preservative-Gallon-CLP-7-1/201852693

There are smaller 4oz bottles but you get a whole lot more with a gallon bottle and costs far less.
View Quote

Save yourself $31 for the same amount & get an even better product.

https://s3714.americommerce.com/package-f.aspx
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 1:23:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Look for RADCOLUBE CLP on Amazon. They are one of the milspec approved manufacturers for the latest CLP revision
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:29:44 AM EDT
[#16]
https://www.amazon.com/BreakFree-BF1009963-Lubricant-preservative/dp/B002J1OXW4/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=breakfree+LP&qid=1612599947&sr=8-1

Breakfree and Birchwood Casey are redoing all their bottles and cans, so it will look differant but same shit inside.

I recommend this Breakfree which is the old LP formula that doesn't have the cleaner in it.
It's alittle thicker and was formulated for full auto and stainless guns.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 5:15:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

i "acquired" my supply in 1986  
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 7:45:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, you did make me jealous! I have about 6 ounces left- but it’s not for cleanin’- just for sniffin’!
But there are plenty of places to get the new variant CLP.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top