Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2018 10:23:41 AM EDT
A number of years ago, I bought a shit ton of c products magazines. They were based in Connecticut at the time. I have been using them for years without issue.

It seems that company is gone and someone else is using the name in Florida. What’s the story?
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Somehow they got involved with a scheister who sued them, took their name and makes inferior products.

I think the original guys now go by ASC. More info can be found in the place that can’t be named.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 10:30:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Marlube.

RIP

Link Posted: 12/20/2018 10:44:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:58:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Most people that praised CP didn't test their mags.  When the actual shooters on this board tested them, they found them to be very unreliable.

I bought a batch of 5.56 mags from 44mag.com and had over 50% failure, all nose dives.  (5.56 mags) Hell, even Magpul followers didn't help them.   I sent them back and tried a second batch, same result.  I sent them back again and had them replaced with D&H and continue to use those to this day.

And then there were their releases of 7.62x39 mags.  Release one, complete failure.  Release two, complete failure.  Release 3, I had to buy 30 mags to end up with 8 that actually worked.  To this date, only 7 of those mags still run.

CP's downfall was due to their own QC and shit design.

People praised their delivery time and appearance, practically sucked on their balls.  Their mags were junk.

A lot of this doesn't show up on the arf search engine.  If you type Cproducts and ar15.com in a google search, you will find the goods.

cproducts mags still suck
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 12:57:49 PM EDT
[#5]
link1

link2

link3

link4

eta:  I don't care who owns the name, or what new name they have, but I have wasted too much time and ammo to ever give them another shot or recommend them to anyone.

Bottom line is that if you want milspec mags, then buy milspec mags from a vendor that has an NSN and a cage code.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 1:11:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 10:35:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I’ve had a different experience. I use them full auto. They ride around in my cruiser and they just work.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 12:13:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 4:43:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, too bad all that shit happened. I am glad my mags work well. It appears I should avoid any of the successor companies.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:30:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I bought a bunch of their stainless steel/blackened 5.45X39 magazines and every single one worked like a charm.  Never a single issue with any of them.  Bunch = 15.

I bought 20 of their aluminum 5.56X45 magazines and 30% of them would fail to feed the last two rounds out of the magazine.  I mentioned it here, the CProducts guy on arfcom replied that I should contact him to get that resolved.  Tried it twice, got no response.  Never bought another C Products magazine.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#11]
My first AR came with a cproducts stainless mags.  Has worked flawless, although the finish has worn off.  it's ugly to look at but feeds just fine.  I have 10 more mix of stainless 30rds and 20rds and curved aluminum 20rds.  All work just fine and the finish is way better.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 8:29:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A number of years ago, I bought a shit ton of c products magazines. They were based in Connecticut at the time. I have been using them for years without issue.

It seems that company is gone and someone else is using the name in Florida. What’s the story?
View Quote
I never once laid my eyes on a product they made but from the very first posts I saw from Larry I was totally certain he was a total fraud.  A lot of people here went to bat and made excuses for him and they were quite a few fanboys.  A lot of people lost money buying their crappy products and he should have been banned early on but unfortunately he was allowed to get away with it for years.  He and others tried to turn the forum from a technical forum to a fan site and a sales forum.  Larry will go down in history with Paul poudorn(paul308) as one of the biggest hucksters in the history of this forum.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 8:08:32 AM EDT
[#13]
If you search early post try "creative products" and you might find early post about the original magazines. The first ones I got you could not even load thirty rounds in much less get them to work reliably.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Old thread from the Creative Bullshit days

One of many "this crap is junk" threads

A rolling on the floor comment from someone who is still an active member:

I really think if down the road you used your magazines for the first time and you had problems, Larry would make it right. He bends over backwards for his customers.

I think C Products will be in business for many years to come.

Plus I bought my C Product magazines from 44mag.com. Here is 44 mag.com lifetime guarantee. Really cant beat a double guarantee from C Products and 44Mag.com

Another name change, another "we're not responsible for what those guys did"

Trust me guys I would love nothing more than to be able to warranty any CP mags out there right now, but I can't. I did not own CP, I own LCJ Wholesale. Larry owned half of CP, he does not own LCJ Wholesale. LCJ Wholesale is a distributor, nothing more. We distribute magazines other than C Products mags. We sell Lancer mags for example, should I be responsible for anyone who has a problem with their lancer mag? If you bought anything from LCJ and you have an issue then I will replace it, but I did not own C Products and to ask me to warranty their products that were not bought from me is not really fair.

Lifetime warranty? Until we change our name, again.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 1:19:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I never once laid my eyes on a product they made but from the very first posts I saw from Larry I was totally certain he was a total fraud.  A lot of people here went to bat and made excuses for him and they were quite a few fanboys.  A lot of people lost money buying their crappy products and he should have been banned early on but unfortunately he was allowed to get away with it for years.  He and others tried to turn the forum from a technical forum to a fan site and a sales forum.  Larry will go down in history with Paul poudorn(paul308) as one of the biggest hucksters in the history of this forum.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 1:51:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Most people that praised CP didn't test their mags.  When the actual shooters on this board tested them, they found them to be very unreliable.

I bought a batch of 5.56 mags from 44mag.com and had over 50% failure, all nose dives.  (5.56 mags) Hell, even Magpul followers didn't help them.   I sent them back and tried a second batch, same result.  I sent them back again and had them replaced with D&H and continue to use those to this day.

And then there were their releases of 7.62x39 mags.  Release one, complete failure.  Release two, complete failure.  Release 3, I had to buy 30 mags to end up with 8 that actually worked.  To this date, only 7 of those mags still run.

CP's downfall was due to their own QC and shit design.

People praised their delivery time and appearance, practically sucked on their balls.  Their mags were junk.

A lot of this doesn't show up on the arf search engine.  If you type Cproducts and ar15.com in a google search, you will find the goods.

cproducts mags still suck
View Quote
I bought a bunch of 20 round C Products magazines back between 2005 and 2010. (I think?) I have shot the shit out of them, and never had a problem. If memory serves me I was able to purchase them with MagPul followers, and chrome silicon springs.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 2:31:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I bought a bunch of 20 round C Products magazines back between 2005 and 2010. (I think?) I have shot the shit out of them, and never had a problem. If memory serves me I was able to purchase them with MagPul followers, and chrome silicon springs.
View Quote
I’m sure most of the stuff he sold was decent and I would have no problem using it.  The problem was it was only 99% reliable when it needed to be 99.99999% reliable.  The tall tales about the military contracts  and the claims that his products were better than USGI did it for me.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 2:45:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Lets see.....

Larry Sr. insinuates that C Products is a supplier to the U.S. Military, states they have a Cage Code. They did have a Cage Code but NO contracts! Changes story to they sell to Foreign Militaries.

Initially a couple of members are “fanboying” the C Products like they were the finest magazines ever designed. One member in particular who talked about the hundreds of mags he had from them and how perfect they were. After C Products was BANNED he didn’t post nearly as much, always wondered if he was somehow tied in with them.

Complaints start stacking up from members who actually try and use them. Promises are made, and made, AND made.

It starts to become obvious that C Products are FAR from the best choice in magazines.

Eventually Larry Sr., Larry Jr., and Chad are BANNED from ARFCOM

Larry Jr. is busted by DEA/ATF for attempting a Guns for Cocaine deal

Chad is caught by a moderator shilling for C Products Defense

That’s just a snapshot of the drama that was C Products
View Quote
No you forgot the best one and it played out more than once if I remember correctly;
Some hapless newbe would join the forum and claim he had a relative in Iraq or Afghanistan.  They would innocently ask where they could purchase magazines since the big bad us military forgot to give them magazines.  Then in a flash Larry would volunteer to send the poor hapless soul  a package of brand new c product magazines.  Then all the members would heap praise on what Larry did and vow to buy magazines from him. It was such bullshit that anyone with half a brain could tell. Other dealers and manufacturers jumped on the bandwagon and volunteered magazines ( so not to let Larry get all the thunder)  No one gets sent into combat without magazines and ammo.  Even lowly medical units have more magazines than they know what to do with and at the end of the deployments they throw them away.  He used the”technical forum” to sell magazines. Amazing what he got away with....
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 12:03:58 AM EDT
[#20]
A close friend of mine is friends with the current CPD sales manager and I went shooting with them once, he gave me a 30rd aluminum mag, a ganga gift in was using blue dyed pmags that I use for 3 gun matches so he jokingly gave me a pink CPD mag. I used it once at a major match and it fed fine,so far that is the only time I have used the mag and I haven't even run a whole 30rds through it. So far I only break it out as a gag for certain stages.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 1:06:59 PM EDT
[#21]
I have some Cproducts Mags I bought years ago.

I ended up trashing half the mag bodies and the rest I was able to "fix" with a file.

On the remaining CProduct designated range only mags, I usually can't load rounds with a COL of the same length as my other mags.

Also,  they occasionally misfeed.

Thank God that the rest ( the vast majority ) of my Aluminum mags are D@H and Okay... They function well.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 10:32:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Funny.  I have six 20rd curved aluminum CP
magazines with Magpul followers. I have put
thousands of rounds through them since about 2005.

They have been 100% reliable.

I paid $5.99 a piece.  

I have no complaints.  

I think CP started to have
major problems with reliability & durabilty when
they came out with their stainless steel magazines.
I never bought any of those.  But plenty of guys did &
had nothing but PROBLEMS.

Also been using Magpul, D&H, & Lancer AWM magazines & those have been 100% reliable also.
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 11:17:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Funny.  I have six 20rd curved aluminum CP
magazines with Magpul followers. I have put
thousands of rounds through them since about 2005.

They have been 100% reliable.

I paid $5.99 a piece.  

I have no complaints.  

I think CP started to have
major problems with reliability & durabilty when
they came out with their stainless steel magazines.
I never bought any of those.  But plenty of guys did &
had nothing but PROBLEMS.

Also been using Magpul, D&H, & Lancer AWM magazines & those have been 100% reliable also.
View Quote
You only bought 6 and got lucky.

I bought like 30 and more than half were total shit.

The other half I had to mess with to get to work. Most had sloppy welds on the inside that obstructed the follower . I had to chisel off and or file the welds to get those to work.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 7:37:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 10:38:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
cpro "USGI" mags in the EE

I had to laugh.....
View Quote
I wouldn't take them for free....
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 11:33:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 1:54:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 5:38:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

But....but...."USGI".

That MUST be good!!??
View Quote
I bought a bunch of these with full knowledge of this thread, if only because they were dirt cheap, and I have a pile of real used USGI magazines to mix/match/cannibalize if necessary. Unfortunately, I won't be able to give them a good once-over until February. If this thread is still around come Feb. then I'll get a comparison going with these old C-Products mags, vs. D&H and Okay.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 10:59:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Man, what a drama show.

I bought some of the early "Creative Products" aluminum USGI-ish mags.  They're in my pile somewhere, never had any issues with them, but I've since moved on to rely on Lancers, Okays, Magpuls, HK, and ETS mags for my shooting.  When they made the switch to stainless, everything went to hell.

I bought some of their original 9mm AR mags that were in development hell forever.  They never worked right, sent them back several times, eventually sold off the replacements.  Ever since, I've only ever bought Metalforms.

Had some of their 5.45x39 mags.  Totally ruined that round in ARs for me.  The mags were poorly assembled, poorly welded, and had sharp edges all over everything.

Wouldn't buy anything from them now, what with all the awesome choices we have.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 1:23:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Part of the problem was that discussions in this “technical forum” were allowed to perpetrate the garbage idea that all aluminum magazines that looked like USGI magazines were lumped into the category “USGI”.  That would be like calling all polymer magazines “ thermolds” or “orlites”.  Several times I suggested a standardized way or protocol for correctly discussing aluminum magazines to better identify real USGI vs lookalikes but it never went anywhere.   I never saw a moderator correct what was often obviously false. Aluminum USGI magazines are the bastard children of this forum.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 3:12:22 AM EDT
[#31]
I am still waiting on my 25rd SCAR magazines that they happily took payment for in like 2011.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 12:30:18 AM EDT
[#32]
I bought about a dozen years ago before I heard about all the problems. I moved them all to the training/abused mag pile, after I read about the problems.  Been using them for years with no problems at all. I guess I got lucky.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 11:17:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Lots of GREAT options for 5.56 mags but when you get into 7.62x39, 5.45x39 & 6.5 Grendel, CPD has an excellent rep for making mags in these calibers.

The Teflon coating is super slick which is a must for feeding these tapered cartridges.

Springs are much better than the ASC 7.62x39 mags I started with years ago.

I've tried ASC mags & CPD mags side by side in 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 and CPD is hands down more reliable for me.

Now in 5.56, I don't own CPD or ASC mags. PMAGS, OKAY/Surefeed, Lancer, E-lander & D&H handle my 5.56 & .300bo. without issue.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 11:29:28 AM EDT
[#34]
I didn't like that they are thin wall. I liked stainless but the wall thickness left slop.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 11:29:41 AM EDT
[#35]
In Nov 2008 I purchased some “AR-Stoner Magazine AR-15 223 Remington 20-Round Curved Body with
Anti Tilt Follower Aluminum Matte” from MidwayUSA that look suspiciously like C-Products stuff.
Does anyone have info on these  AR-Stoner magazines?
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 1:56:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I’ve had a different experience. I use them full auto. They ride around in my cruiser and they just work.
View Quote
I agree but I changed springs and followers for the win.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#37]
I had some I bought in the early days of the company and they work. Later on the company turned into a train wreck. As for a cage code. Anyone can get a cage code for almost any product without ever selling a single item to the military.  The company had an epic failure on here.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 9:53:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I wouldn't take them for free....
View Quote
But these are the earlier production aluminum mags.   You all say things went downhill when they made stainless.

I have maybe 20 C-P mags bought years ago most still in the sealed bag.  Don't feel like expending ammo to test them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 10:05:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 9:30:31 PM EDT
[#40]
I bought some of them, order so many and you would get a free SS 30 round mag.  Some worked and some did not.  Remember talking to the owner on the phone and he said to return them for a swap, did that the ones that came back worked OK, still some reliability issues.

All in all, I think I had about 12 of them, all gone now.  With such good mags available now, would never purchase them again.

Link Posted: 2/19/2019 2:48:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
News in 2011 was that Larry Panka Sr moved C Products from CT to FL and renamed it C Products Defense (after the ASC debacle mentioned above).  Apparently he lived in FL since 2003 and was commuting to C Products in CT.  I haven't paid much attention to them in the last few years other than to stay away from anything related to them whether it be Creative Products, C Products, LCJ Wholesale, C Products Defense, Blue Steel Wholesale Tactical Accessories, ASC, or anyone else affiliated in any way.

LCJ Wholesale appears to have been dissolved in 2017.

BLUE STEEL WHOLESALE TACTICAL ACCESSORIES LLC was formed in 2016.

https://www.ocala.com/news/20130302/federal-sting-nabs-florida-gang-member-in-gun-scam
https://www.heraldtribune.com/news/20130302/gang-member-with-sarasota-ties-convicted-in-texas

If you want to know more, there's a lot of stuff available on the internetz.  You just have to look for it.  Best of luck.
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 1:23:16 AM EDT
[#42]
i own a bunch(older aluminum ones and the gen 1 stainless steel), never had issues other than the CS springs rusting.
i will probably offload them in the next panic  as i do see the overall QC on them is not that of D&H or other good brands.
the spot welds on them are shit. some feedlips are inconsistent. but i have yet to have a mag fail me. then again i only have a few thousand rounds over the past decade through them. thats what many on here shoot in a month so im not a hard user of my gear
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#43]
[b]  The company had an epic failure on here.
View Quote
Actually they did quite well staying here as a sponsor for years before anyone caught on.  They fooled a lot of people and many lost their hard earned money.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 2:45:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I bought a bunch of these with full knowledge of this thread, if only because they were dirt cheap, and I have a pile of real used USGI magazines to mix/match/cannibalize if necessary. Unfortunately, I won't be able to give them a good once-over until February. If this thread is still around come Feb. then I'll get a comparison going with these old C-Products mags, vs. D&H and Okay.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But....but...."USGI".

That MUST be good!!??
A quick comparison reveals that they appear to have the same construction and powdered finish as USGI mags. The feedlips are noticeably sharper, and the metal appears a cunt-hair thinner than the various USGI mags I have. I got 1 bad mag that had a binding problem out of the package (out of almost 40 magazines). For what I paid, I'm satisfied with them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 3:45:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Does anyone have any pictures of the various base plates?
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 5:10:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Does anyone have any pictures of the various base plates?
View Quote
are these the ones ?

Link Posted: 3/18/2019 6:03:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sounds like when I got mine. Not a problem with any of them. I think a lot of us must have taken advantage of some deal around that time but I can't recall where I got them. I bought a stack of them back then and they're still good today. Must have been before whatever happened.

Mine have a shiny black finish. Not sure if that's moly or teflon or paint.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top