Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2020 6:04:15 PM EDT
AD advertised these to be available by middle of 2020 and would weight about 44% less than their aluminum versions.  We're going into June now and the few titanium models available on their website weigh the full 8.4oz as their conventional models do.

https://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/product-p/ad-recon-ti-tgib.htm
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 6:09:48 PM EDT
[#1]
If they actually want to save weight, they should probably look into a stronger aluminum and extreme milling.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 6:14:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I honestly think it or they died for same reason you pointed out. No weight savings but double the price tag. I think they shifted gears to titanium levers and other previously steel parts? Or at least they should.

Oh, and I got tired of waiting for primary arms' extreme clamping system scope mounts from 2019 shot show.

@ 5:00
Primary Arms FFP 1-8x Scope w/Raptor Reticle | SHOT Show 2019 | Active Self Protection Extra
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh well.

These had the potential to revolutionize the optic mounting scene, AD should've kept on working on these if they they knew what was good for them, they would've made a killing.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:12:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I honestly think it or they died for same reason you pointed out. No weight savings but double the price tag. I think they shifted gears to titanium levers and other previously steel parts? Or at least they should.

Oh, and I got tired of waiting for primary arms' extreme clamping system scope mounts from 2019 shot show.

@ 5:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w65XB47uZc
View Quote
I would like to see the ECS mount.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:13:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I emailed them last week asking about these and especially whether they were going to come out with a high version. Got a reply the same day that they will only have the standard height and it should be coming out in July.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top