Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 11:29:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Onevia:
My dad recently picked one of these up. Works exactly how described in the video, but was a little weird at first. Once you tell your brain to push through the bungee it's actually pretty nice. Definitely makes sense to replace all of your slings for the familiarity.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Onevia:
Originally Posted By DefenderAO:
Originally Posted By Luny421:
Warrior Poet Society's 2 pt.  Love them.

I just ordered one to try out. Looks interesting.

I traded my VTAC paddeds our for them.  I liked the VTAC a lot and feel the WPS's are an upgrade.  Really impressed with them.
My dad recently picked one of these up. Works exactly how described in the video, but was a little weird at first. Once you tell your brain to push through the bungee it's actually pretty nice. Definitely makes sense to replace all of your slings for the familiarity.

I didn't like the pull tab floppiness of any other design.  I retrained fairly quickly on the WPS sling and won't go back.  Wearing a plate carrier and the Jedi buckle becomes critical.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 11:02:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Ed Sherman Designs on errthang
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 11:49:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I really like my Magpul MS3 and MS4 slings.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 3:15:43 PM EDT
[#4]

I didn't like the pull tab floppiness of any other design.  I retrained fairly quickly on the WPS sling and won't go back.  Wearing a plate carrier and the Jedi buckle becomes critical.
View Quote
The Jedi buckle and the way the extra material folds neatly into itself is a really cool feature.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:41:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Slingster, BFG Vickers, and Magpul’s.

The Slingster is the best outside of one instance and that’s on my heavy ass FNFAL. The BFG has a thicker pad so it works better with the FAL.

But 99% of the time the Slingster gets the nod.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:50:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Blue force gear 2 points on my ARs.  USGI 1903 or 1917slings on my M1 Garands, M1a, 1903, and 20" national match AR15.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 2:14:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Magpul MS1 for me. Quick adjust, no dangly bits.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/9/2022 10:29:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By TGE:
I've got 3-4 Vickers now, love em both padded and non. Slight pref to unpadded except on heavy rifles.

Just got a few from Citizen Gear a couple weeks ago. The Nekkid slings are very light, so I put one on a 22lr. The Cast Iron padded is nice, good stitching, good padding, good grip tab and still lightweight. MC Tropic looks sweet too. I recommended and a buddy just ordered a couple himself. Believe the owner is an arfcommer too.
View Quote

Thank you sir!
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 5:18:27 PM EDT
[#9]

I traded my VTAC paddeds our for them.  I liked the VTAC a lot and feel the WPS's are an upgrade.  Really impressed with them.
View All Quotes

So I’ve been doing some dry fire drills with my new WPS sling. Hell I spent 20 mins just playing with the jedi buckle. So far I’m a fan. We have a HTF 2-gun shoot in a couple of weeks so I’ll get to run around with it. I kinda hope I find some fault with it because my wallet isn’t excited about the prospect of multiple >$80 slings.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 12:37:59 AM EDT
[#10]

So I’ve been doing some dry fire drills with my new WPS sling. Hell I spent 20 mins just playing with the jedi buckle. So far I’m a fan. We have a HTF 2-gun shoot in a couple of weeks so I’ll get to run around with it. I kinda hope I find some fault with it because my wallet isn’t excited about the prospect of multiple >$80 slings.
View All Quotes

I'm at three trying to reason with myself not to buy two more.  I'm losing the argument.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 8:47:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Skg_Mre_Lght:
I've had VTACs forever, and won't be changing anytime soon.
View Quote

Same. Put a Vtac padded on my first AR in 2008 and used nothing but them since,
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 9:47:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D100] [#12]
https://www.armageddongear.com/15-Heavy-Carbine-Sling_p_115.html

Armageddon gear heavy sling (the bungy is awesome) use it on my “DMR” style rifles.

And

https://haleystrategic.com/d3-sling

The Haley D3 sling. Excellent light weight and extremely durable sling. Probably my favorite out of the 20+ slings I’ve owned. Definitely worth a try!
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 10:43:31 PM EDT
[#13]
I keep bouncing between the BFG Vickers and the Trex sling.  I enjoy them both.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Magpul MS4 Dual QD Gen 2. The slider is quick and easy to use for adjustment and the ability to convert between single and two point is a must have for me now.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:43:23 AM EDT
[#15]
My favorites are the RB1 Combat Sling and the S&S Precision Low-Profile Adjustable sling.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 1:57:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Awdroadracer] [#16]
Originally Posted By cmcflex:
My favorites are the RB1 Combat Sling and the S&S Precision Low-Profile Adjustable sling.
View Quote

The RB1 2pt combat sling is my favorite as well by a long shot. I just had to relearn the operation phase since its a 2 pull tab versus a single when comparing other name brand slings.

It allows so much adjustability through the open and close system. By far the best transitional sling. Allows me to go from strong to weak side without any hang ups even with attachment being down by the end of the rail while running it aside my waist. Running it strictly around neck to gain transitions is now a thing of the past. I have never been able to obtain this free flowing movement from any of the other slings I have owned.
(I've owned BFG Vickers, Slingster, Vtac, Edgar Sherman, LBT, S&S Precision, and Magpul)

image dump to help viewers understand

Link Posted: 6/24/2022 2:59:28 AM EDT
[#17]
2 rock BFG padded slings. 1 has a non padded vickers. I have a multicam slingster not being used in a bag somewhere along with some magpuls.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 10:02:53 PM EDT
[#18]

I'm still using my new Blue Force Gear Vickers two point slings, I had been using BFG before the Vickers models way back since 2005.

The sling in the pic on the left is a multicam arid desert and the right sling is a coyote color.

I still use my older LaRue Tactical padded 2 point sling (a Viking Tactics exclusive) on my heavy contoured barrel carbine.

With my other lighter PCC carbine and AR pistol I prefer my old Gear Sector 1 inch wide 2 point slings, they're a modular design, the end adapters have a quick detachable push button connectors with different choices of heavy duty push button sling swivels, HK hooks, MASH hooks and straps.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 10:31:41 PM EDT
[#19]

I'm at three trying to reason with myself not to buy two more.  I'm losing the argument.
View All Quotes

[sigh] I just ordered 2 more WPS slings with a 10% coupon
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 1:09:19 AM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

I probably need the two more as well.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 8:09:45 AM EDT
[#21]
BFG Vicker's slings on all of my AR's.  Been using them for years.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 4:50:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Picked up a Flatline Fiber Co padded sling a couple weeks ago.  Impulse buy while I was rushing out the door to leave for LA for a week.  Didn’t see it didn’t come with anyway to attach it to the rifle 🤦🏼‍♂️

Now that I’m back I was able to scrounge a couple of QDs off of some other slings I have.  Seems like a solid design.  

Now I need to find something to secure it to the rifle.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 11:07:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Really liking my new Forward Controls CSF with Vltor QD attachments.

I’ll be running it in a carbine course in 3 weeks but so far so good.
Link Posted: 8/17/2022 7:15:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Been running a trex sling for about a year now. Honestly, I like it pretty well. However when building my new rifle I obviously needed a new sling, and decided to try the flatline fiber padded sling. Received it in the mail today, and while I haven't gotten the adjustment nailed down quite yet, it feels like it should be a little nicer in some regards. I think the stitching and the construction seem to be a little more thought out. I still need to get the pad adjusted to where I want it, and I need to take both slings out on a rainy range day to see how they perform as I know some slings can bind up when they get wet. I will say that I think the trex quick adjust system is simply great, I played with them both and the flatline fiber sling has an effective adjustment system, but the trex one is much easier to actuate in both directions. I think this must be due to using a larger triglide with more space in it to accommodate the webbing of the sling. I may end up purchasing a few triglides of a larger size myself to test out and see if I can fashion up slings with easier (but still solid) adjustment. In my (very small) amount of time playing with the slings, I decided I liked the pad on the flatline better, and the adjustment on the trex better, so I went ahead and combined them- one sling has the best of both slings, and the other has the worst of both. Like this (the best of two slings combined) setup a lot.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#25]
I like the VCAS. Just ordered another to replace a cheap store brand one (i think it was PA) and will probably be ordering one more to replace a viking that just feels well, cheap also. Oh, and I custom ordered one from them for my girlfriend's AR. So, yeah. I like them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2022 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Blue Force Vickers
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Padded V-Tac
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:08:12 PM EDT
[#28]
VCAS, I see no reason to change.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:42:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Edgar Sherman plus one of those BFG uloop thingies
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:51:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Tested out an HSGI Apex for a little while, and finally bought one. Fantastic sling
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/7/2022 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Issued a pile of slings, mostly BFG VCAS and VTac.  The BFG gets really stiff with age and sun exposure.  It has limited adjustments.  The VTac is solid but I never liked the free running tail.  

Currently, I am running a Centerfuge sling.  It’s a godsend for vehicles and confined spaces as it has built in stowage on the sling so that you can have the rifle in a bag or car and quickly bring it into use without a sling flopping around and catching on everything.  I think it will be my go to.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 11:14:56 AM EDT
[#32]
BFG VCAS, with either QD or HK hooks depending on the rifle.
Link Posted: 10/18/2022 1:33:03 PM EDT
[#33]
McLean DRS Sling.  My first AR so don't have any experience with anything else but so far it's great.  I like it a lot.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 1:10:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By FedDC:
Issued a pile of slings, mostly BFG VCAS and VTac.  The BFG gets really stiff with age and sun exposure.  It has limited adjustments.  The VTac is solid but I never liked the free running tail.  

Currently, I am running a Centerfuge sling.  It’s a godsend for vehicles and confined spaces as it has built in stowage on the sling so that you can have the rifle in a bag or car and quickly bring it into use without a sling flopping around and catching on everything.  I think it will be my go to.
View Quote

You're experience mimics mine with both the VTAC and BFG. Like the VTAC out on the move, but stowed in the rack the tail seems to always get wrapped around or snagged by whatever is nearby. Switched to the BFG and have liked it well enough, adjustments kind of suck though. Mine is about 10 years old at this point and seems fine materials wise but it's black and unpadded. My padded BFG VCAS on my fun rifle is about the same age and is getting a little long in the tooth. Edges are getting stiff, Multicam is fading badly.

I just ordered a Centrifuge Sling after seeing one in person. I'll run it for a while and if it works out I'll probably end up with a couple more for fun rifles.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 8:57:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Really liking the Warrior Poet Society slings! Switching all over to them.
Link Posted: 10/19/2022 10:27:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smoores01] [#36]
I use a surplus silent sling from ebay that was like $4

Link Posted: 10/19/2022 10:37:02 PM EDT
[#37]
No love for savvy sniper? I have 2, have not tried any others.  Maybe i am missing out.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 7:45:21 PM EDT
[#38]
I run the BFG vickers…. Can’t find a reason to change
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 10:16:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Vickers BFG. I have yet to see anything mind blowing that beats this for me.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 10:42:04 PM EDT
[#40]
ESD slings
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By MONGO45:
ESD slings
View Quote

I’ve gone back to ESD slings. I tried to like the WPS sling but just couldn’t ever get it set up just right.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#42]

I’ve gone back to ESD slings. I tried to like the WPS sling but just couldn’t ever get it set up just right.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MONGO45:
ESD slings

What was the issue?  You can customize the length perfectly, and the bungee allows for further options once slung.

I find it's the perfect sling for any use.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 3:28:23 PM EDT
[#43]

What was the issue?  You can customize the length perfectly, and the bungee allows for further options once slung.

View Quote

I could never get it just right. If I had it snug enough when slung, it was too short when I needed to shoulder the rifle. I still found myself having to swim out of it to transition to weak side. If I adjusted it to address these issues, it was way too loose when slung.

It turns out that for me, the quick adjust works better. I'm still not a BFG Vickers fan, material is way too stiff. The ESD sling is everything I like and nothing I don't.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 10:47:40 PM EDT
[#44]

I could never get it just right. If I had it snug enough when slung, it was too short when I needed to shoulder the rifle. I still found myself having to swim out of it to transition to weak side. If I adjusted it to address these issues, it was way too loose when slung.

It turns out that for me, the quick adjust works better. I'm still not a BFG Vickers fan, material is way too stiff. The ESD sling is everything I like and nothing I don't.
View All Quotes

Thankfully we live in a season with a plethora of great choices

Link Posted: 10/28/2022 1:22:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By edwin907:
https://i.imgur.com/kC4cDgv.jpg

BFG Vickers Tactical.

Probably replace the rifle before the sling.
View Quote

What’s the stock on that one? I really like how it looks.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 11:31:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Thanks for the support man!
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 11:32:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By WriterClarke:
I use Flatline Fiber Co padded sling on my AUG. It's definitely been my favorite to use.
View Quote

Thanks for the support man!
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 11:53:18 AM EDT
[#48]
I have a padded Blue Force Gear Vickers sling in Multicam with the QD sling swivels sewn in at both ends. It's a great sling and I have no reason to change.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 12:20:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Padded because I bruise... like a peach
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#50]
GBRS SBS like all the cool cats..

Before: VCAS ,Proctor or Ferro.
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top