Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/6/2022 8:05:34 PM EDT
I’m building a pistol and have a choice faxon 11.5 with 1-7 twist and mid gas and 12.5 ballistic advantage 1-8 twist carbine gas not sure what one i should choose any tips or help would be appreciated
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 8:45:58 PM EDT
[#1]
11.5 should keep a pistol buffer tubed arm under the magical 26", unless of course they change it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:56:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
11.5 should keep a pistol buffer tubed arm under the magical 26", unless of course they change it.
View Quote

You are correct, and it is something OP should consider if a brace is going to be a part of the gun-struction
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 12:51:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you going to suppress it?

If not, the 12.5 carbine over an 11.5 mid-gas (dwell time and Biden's brace ban if you are worried about such things).

I have a 12.5 carbine gas, and if I could own a suppressor, I would have liked a 12.5 mid-gas with a k-can.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 7:55:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I use an 11.5" with a YHM supressor and can take my Sig brace off. No problems with .556 or the Spikes .22 conversion. No FTE, FTL, short stroking or anything else. This is on a Delton stripped lower with binary trigger. This makes for a nice beaver or coyote homeland security tool with my Sig thermal. I use a cheekweld because old eyes and all.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#5]
If not, the 12.5 carbine over an 11.5 mid-gas (dwell time and Biden's brace ban if you are worried about such things).
View Quote

11.5, carbine gas.  Prob the best compromise if available, and there are plenty out there.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I’m building a pistol and have a choice faxon 11.5 with 1-7 twist and mid gas and 12.5 ballistic advantage 1-8 twist carbine gas not sure what one i should choose any tips or help would be appreciated
View Quote

These are your only choices?  Is this due to price?  There are better barrels out there, but availability is definitely a thing.

12.5 is my favorite short barrel length, but that aside, we need to know if you are going to run a can.  Pay attention to gas port sizing.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 10:59:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Faxon also makes a 11.5" carbine gas exclusively sold through Brownells.  That would be my vote between these two.

The mid length gased 11.5 is a bit under gased unless you're running exclusively suppressed

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top