Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2021 10:51:11 AM EDT
The factory?  Is it regular black bolt or nib?
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 6:03:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Their 5.56 rifles come with a standard phosphate bolt.
Their 6.8 (both Six8 and traditional 6.8) come with an Advanced Combat Bolt which is Nickel-Boron coated.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:29:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I thought high dollar rifle would have better than milspec bolt. Hard part to clean on the bolt. Just got it didn't know if it had been tampered with.  Just regular charging handle also? Where do I find out more about it? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:23:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks. I thought high dollar rifle would have better than milspec bolt. Hard part to clean on the bolt. Just got it didn't know if it had been tampered with.  Just regular charging handle also? Where do I find out more about it? Thanks. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/106651/20210130_161330-1806870.jpg
View Quote

LWRC used to have an ACB 5.56 but I've heard mixed tales on it working vs not working. Also read at least one statement that Paul Leitner-Wise still has/owns the patent to it and that's why LWRC no longer sells it. No clue on if it's true or not.

Have more pics of your rifle you don't mind sharing? Some information seems to suggest the M6A2-S was a "limited" rifle but can't find hard information on it. The other pics I saw appeared to have a standard charging handle.

M6A2 series didn't have as many bells and whistles as the later IC models with full ambidextrous setups.

Pull your upper handguard piece and take a look at your spring cup. If it's a polymer oval piece, you have their old setup. If it's a metal circle that connects to the upper receiver, that's their current design.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:27:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Piston is circular all metal looks kind of basic alright just as long as it runs well.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:39:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a IC spr but my buddy has the A2 like yours, while his is more milspec parts and mine has more features like ambi and bcg coating. The A2 is a solid shooter and he is very proficient with it. If you have some more pics I’ll send them to him and ask if anything has been altered.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:49:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I just switched from night shift to days trying to learn used to the schedule again. Probably having more advantages. I will put some up soon.
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 10:55:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Pull your upper handguard piece and take a look at your spring cup. If it's a polymer oval piece, you have their old setup. If it's a metal circle that connects to the upper receiver, that's their current design.
View Quote

Nope. Spring cups have always been steel. Have an M6A2 in low 2 digit serial number that has steel spring cup and a recently purchased "legacy piston maintenance kit", also steel spring cup. The difference between legacy and current spring cups is in length. Old one is like a tube about an inch long. Newer one is more like a washer with shoulders. FYI
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 2:00:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Nope. Spring cups have always been steel. Have an M6A2 in low 2 digit serial number that has steel spring cup and a recently purchased "legacy piston maintenance kit", also steel spring cup. The difference between legacy and current spring cups is in length. Old one is like a tube about an inch long. Newer one is more like a washer with shoulders. FYI
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting, I heard tale of those tubes cracking and people bitching about them being of polymer. Good to know they were just exaggerating on the material, genuinely appreciate the info.

Legacy:

Current:
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 11:43:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Interesting, I heard tale of those tubes cracking and people bitching about them being of polymer. Good to know they were just exaggerating on the material, genuinely appreciate the info.

View Quote

Glad to oblige and glad info wasn't taken as if I was trying to be jerk about the correction. I don't know where that rumor of them being plastic or being an issue came from but I've heard it before also. I don't think there's anything inferior with the legacy design. Spoke once with LWRC about it and they said they have quite a lot of them still in use on overseas contracts. I think the design change came mostly with the whole revamp of to their proprietary upper receiver & rail (but I could be wrong there).
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 1:43:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Well thanks for the information and pictures. I did not take my upper down that far. Gas block is massive steel. Here's pictures of it been really busy at work.

I did add BCM #4 charging handle.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 11:33:12 AM EDT
[#11]
A few years back CDNN had M6A2 uppers cheap. The ones I bought have nickel boron or some other silvery coating.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top