Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/3/2018 11:24:54 AM EDT
Was at my local shop and saw a blue label Colt box and it had a “Colt Sporter Lightweight Carbine” in it.

Serial number was SL 07585

It had a fixed CS marked stock, 16” barrel and 6 hole handguards.

It was $800 so I put it on hold until I could figure it out but what the hell is it? $800 with box and all a decent deal?
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 11:41:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Appears to be preban? Maybe help out a fellow Arfcommer in a ban state?
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 3:57:29 PM EDT
[#2]
It's exactly what it appears to be. Colt Sporter Lightweight.

Would have to check on the serial to see if pre ban. Otherwise 800 isn't a bad deal at all, especially if it has a CS stock and not an A2.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Honestly I don’t even recall if it’s an A1 or an A2

I saw Colt box, opened it and saw fixed stock with the CS and not neutered and thought “hey, I don’t have one of these whatever it is”. Then I looked up the serial and thought it was pre-ban so figured I couldn’t go wrong at that price.

Hopefully I will get a chance to run up tomorrow and get my membership crap fixed so I can post pics then.

Looks like it’s a model R6530
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 5:57:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Honestly I don’t even recall if it’s an A1 or an A2

I saw Colt box, opened it and saw fixed stock with the CS and not neutered and thought “hey, I don’t have one of these whatever it is”. Then I looked up the serial and thought it was pre-ban so figured I couldn’t go wrong at that price.

Hopefully I will get a chance to run up tomorrow and get my membership crap fixed so I can post pics then.

Looks like it’s a model R6530
View Quote
Should be an A2 upper, but most of them came with an A2 stock and not a CS.

With the CS stock I would think 800 is a very attractive price.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 7:19:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought one used with a CS right before the ban.  I sold it right after the ban.  I regretted selling it and replaced it with a post ban govt carbine.  A buddy still has his.  They were nice. $800 for a pre-ban is a good price.  It’s probably worth it for a post-ban if you don’t have a lightweight carbine and don’t mind the roll mark. I’ve seen post-ban govt carbine marked carbines sell for 700-800 recently.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 7:47:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a few LW carbines already but can’t have too many right?

Come to think of it, I think I have an extra upper laying around just like the one on this gun. Never did anything with it because large front pin and an A2 upper.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 5:47:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Did you buy it?
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 8:57:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh, yeah. Sorry and I’ll try and post some pics of it tomorrow then.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top