Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2022 9:32:21 PM EDT

How would you set it up for a mil-spec carbine extension, and how would you do an a5 extension.

I am putting on an adjustable gas block if that matters.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 10:29:27 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're looking for complete kits, ArmaLite AR-10 Carbine kit direct from ArmaLite, which are intermediate (A5) length. They're often out of stock. Kaw Valley Precision makes a very nice AR-15 carbine length 308 stock completion kit with a 5.6oz 308 carbine buffer.
For intermediate (A5) length and if you want to buy each component, Vltor has A5 blem receiver extensions on sale. There's also the Magpul SR25/M110 enhanced RE, but have been OOS for a while. Any quality H2, or more common the H3, buffer will work. For springs, ArmaLite EA1095 or the LMT LM308A9. Some like the Tubb spring.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 11:35:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I run A5, Tubbs flatwire, H3 buffer and an adjustable gas block, smooth as butter...
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 3:48:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:40:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Aero Enhanced A5/RE10 extension to cradle the BCG rear, AR15 sized H3 buffer and an Armalite EA1095 spring.  This setup is on all my AR10s, it's great and replacement springs are cheap.  A couple have an H2 if they have a long gas system (Rifle gas 16", intermediate 14.5") coupled with adjustable gas.

I just wish someone made an AR15 buffer with the preload spring found in actual A5 buffers.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top