Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2022 5:54:57 PM EDT
This is for a 10.5 inch 5.56mm barrel that is overgassed.  Other solutions to the issue would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 7:32:43 PM EDT
[#1]
BRT EZ Tune gas tube or a Rubber City adjustable gas key would be the easiest and least expensive other options.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:05:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
BRT EZ Tune gas tube or a Rubber City adjustable gas key would be the easiest and least expensive other options.
View Quote

BRT .071 gas tube is equivalent to a .069 gas port which is perfect for a 10.5” barrel.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 3:39:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Outside of modify a standard FSB this is the only option I'm aware of.

The BRT gas tube is a great option.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This is for a 10.5 inch 5.56mm barrel that is overgassed.  Other solutions to the issue would be appreciated.
View Quote

If it is a standard large gas port 10.5" barrel, an H3 buffer usually works well them.

The small gas port barrels that length often like an H2 buffer.

If heavier than H3 is required (doubtful), a PWS steel H4 buffer could be tried, but it is very heavy and might be too heavy.

With large gas port 10.5" barrels, I go straight with an H3 buffer.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 8:59:08 PM EDT
[#6]
https://ar15discounts.com/products/hera-arms-ar-15-fs15-front-sight-assembly/

I bought one of these and it is pretty solid. Tightened it with a torque driver to 50 psi and it will not budge.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I wondered when someone would post a windage adjustable FSB that OP didn't ask for. It would be nice to have a clamp-on available in Armalite's stead, but aluminum? Fail.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top