Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/18/2018 11:02:19 PM EDT
I've had this rifle for years, I got it from my friend who had to move away to California.
This is a KAC (marked KMC, Knight's Manufacturing Company) Stoner Rifle SR-15 M4.
The roll marks on this rifle are not engraved, they look almost like inlays or maybe just painted on.
If I take off the top rail it's dated 6/10/2001.
This rifle came with a A2 stock and rifle buffer but the barrel is 16" carbine length. I was wondering why it was built this way.
Mostly every other one I've seen came with what looks like a pinned 14.5 barrel but mine is a 16" carbine.
I've also heard these are non-chrome-lined match barrels and they are also equipped with a 2-stage match trigger.
What can you tell me about these rifles?

Link Posted: 10/19/2018 6:45:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Knights M4 barrel
-The muzzle device is a pressed on faux-FH on a 16” barrel
- Barrel is NOT threaded
-1:7 twist
-Non chrome lined match
-Krieger manufactured
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 7:28:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Post ban gun. Since it had a pistol grip and detachable mag it couldn’t have any other features like a collapsible stock, bayonet lug and etc. Its also pre E3
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 9:47:05 AM EDT
[#3]
That's a cool rifle.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
How does that work, muzzle device slipped over barrel and pinned?
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted: That's a cool rifle. How does that work, muzzle device slipped over barrel and pinned?
View Quote
It doesn't have to be pinned since the barrel is originally over 16" and the faux-FH only had superficial cuts made to look like a flash hider but had no effect like a birdcage would.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 12:48:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It doesn't have to be pinned since the barrel is originally over 16" and the faux-FH only had superficial cuts made to look like a flash hider but had no effect like a birdcage would.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
- Barrel is NOT threaded
That doesn’t appear to be the case for the rifle/barrel pictured.

You can clearly see through the slots on the muzzle device and it appears to have been threaded on.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That's a cool rifle.

How does that work, muzzle device slipped over barrel and pinned?
View Quote
Just pressed on.....getting them off is a biOtch
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 4:23:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That doesn’t appear to be the case for the rifle/barrel pictured.

You can clearly see through the slots on the muzzle device and it appears to have been threaded on.
View Quote
I really didn’t look at the one above much. Was just speaking of direct experience of owning a Knights M4.

That one has been dorked with after it left KAC, muzzle device looks to be a Yankee Hill Machine.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 11:14:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Muzzle device is a YHM phantom flash hider and it is threaded on. Not sure if my friend removed the pressed on flash hider and had the barrel threaded but I could ask him. It does appear to be the original barrel though, I can tell it is not chrome-lined.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 11:06:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted: That one has been dorked with after it left KAC, muzzle device looks to be a Yankee Hill Machine.
View Quote
That's what I was thinking too.

None of the SR-15 M4 barrels I've ever owned had chamber or twist markings either.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 9:03:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Yea, neither was this barrel. My friend told me it's 1/7 twist but I've heard they are 1/9.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 4:56:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yea, neither was this barrel. My friend told me it's 1/7 twist but I've heard they are 1/9.
View Quote
They are a 1:7, non chrome, Kreiger barrel.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top