DelTon
PSA
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 6:20:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Anderson aka the pony of death

Don’t worry OP, there’s a chart
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 7:19:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Top tier? Go to your local mall and see how the operators are strapped.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 7:55:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I use Tier 1 tools and techniques to cobble together the parts I bought on the EE
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 9:17:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Anyone that I shoot well.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 9:38:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Top tier is any AR that goes bang 100% of the time with any ammo that will fit in its magazine.

The list is long and many are quite affordable.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 9:44:44 AM EDT
[#8]
KAC thread
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 10:04:28 AM EDT
[#9]
These threads 100% of the time turn into a fanboi passing match. Then someone else chimes in from the sideline to ask about *insert brand* because he's worried he spent money on the wrong label. Meanwhile, certain blowhards are spamming the thread with tales of *insert kac/larue/geiselle* always failing at every event they have ever been to, while the Colt nuts sit back and say "shouldagottacolt"

I think that sums it up. Buy whatever you want OP.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 10:14:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I own a bunch of ARs each and every one was assembled from parts, by me.

I am tier one.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 10:44:54 AM EDT
[#11]
JP
Knights
Radian
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#12]
I agree with many here.  I buy the parts I want and put them together the way I want them.  I think tier 1 parts could be a consistency in quality. Example; WOA barrels.  However buying a tier 3 barrel does not mean it won't shoot as good as a tier 1, it is just more likely to.  My Geissele assembled URGI shoots great but my Spikes 14.5 optimal barrel upper assembled by me shoots even better.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 11:06:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 11:09:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am tier one.
View Quote
This.

I operate the weapons, not the other way around. Brands don't give you skillz.

I'm probably more like T2 but I am a first responder, so I'm likely to be the best operator there.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 11:31:27 AM EDT
[#16]
What is a God/operator?

What is a tier?

What is a fanboy?
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I use Tier 1 tools and techniques to cobble together the parts I bought on the EE
View Quote

I have to agree with this. Not many factory rifles genuinely interest me with the exception of a KAC SR15 but I'm not to the point where I can justify dropping $2500+ on an AR15 when I can build a nice one with a tier 1 barrel and put a good optic on it for that.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 12:35:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

And at this rate a decent investment in tools and knowledge has yielded me better results than what I am seeing from some of these "high end" companies regarding QC. Anyone can access the TDP and get accurate numbers for gauging and checking parts over.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 12:56:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
These threads 100% of the time turn into a fanboi passing match. Then someone else chimes in from the sideline to ask about *insert brand* because he's worried he spent money on the wrong label. Meanwhile, certain blowhards are spamming the thread with tales of *insert kac/larue/geiselle* always failing at every event they have ever been to, while the Colt nuts sit back and say "shouldagottacolt"

I think that sums it up. Buy whatever you want OP.
View Quote

Damn @turp_dog how many times do I need to correct your grammar, it is fanboi PISSING MATCH…

Agree with what turp_dog said….he hit the primer on center.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:03:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Any rifle that was used to earn the President’s Tab under the administration of President Donald Trump.

/end.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:11:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Cue the “Awe jeez not this again” meme!

Whatever rifle effectively kills ANTIFA and other terrorists! How’s that?
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 1:25:15 PM EDT
[#22]
From what I can see, people in this country with operator in their job title who carry 5.56 guns use:

Noveske
Daniel Defense/Geissele
Sig Sauer
FN
Colt

FWIW my preference would be BCM lightweight uppers, LMT MARS lowers, Radian controls and Larue triggers (I guess Geissele or LMT triggers if I’m spending someone else’s money). But my career has nothing to do with gunfighting.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 2:25:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Sig MCX
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 3:12:05 PM EDT
[#24]
There multiple threads on what actual operators use, I’d start there…
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 3:49:47 PM EDT
[#25]
JFC
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 4:10:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I am tier one.
View Quote

What Britt-dog said.
Mine:
PF barrel
BCM upper
Midwest Industry hand guard
Larue fcg
Magpul stock and grip
80%lower that I milled myself
Lots of ammo.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 4:15:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Pretty sure God Tier is a flaming sword.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 5:57:35 PM EDT
[#28]
You can save yourself the time and arguing by looking at the last ten times this has been posted.

/thread
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#29]
God Tier:

Reliable and reasonably appropriate broomstick pointed by a highly trained individual.

If your poverty pony goes boom every time, you are the weakest link. TRAIN.

ETA: time is running out for this shit.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 8:33:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
JP
Knights
Radian
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 8:57:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Didn't that Tanto guy in 13 hours use a Bushmaster?
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 9:11:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 6:05:29 AM EDT
[#33]
The answer is posted everywhere. But I wouldn't put Geissele on the list. I might get shit for it, but they cut corners and inflate the prices of their rifle (see the thread where we talk about how they use black oxide to coat their barrels to save money on treatment)

- JP
- Wilson Combat
- KAC
- LMT
- SOLGW
- Q
- Hodge
- Radian
- PWS
- POF
- V7

Noveske and Daniel Defense are pretty high up there as well, but I personally think they're kind of overrated, especially the several years of Noveske. Despite what peeps may tell you, innovation is important, so I'm partial to companies like Q, PWS, POF, LMT, LWRC, and V7. Some of the brands on the above list fail to modernize their years old designs but they're still good.

Obviously, these are my opinions and will differ from others. A lot of my list will also show up on others lists.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 6:10:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

For some reason, most overseas contractors used Bushmasters.

I don’t know why, but most of the big contract companies and even some government agencies had contracts with Bushmaster for “M4s” (XM-15s or something similar IIRC).
View Quote

XM15 E2S
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 8:14:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Why does Hodge keep getting thrown in here?

I ditched my Hodge barrel that I got because everyone was raving about them and went to a Noveske. The handguard was a work of art but other companies have the same thing. Had to return the Hodge BCG I got too. Their stuff is nice but I just don’t see how it’s getting compared to KAC, LMT, etc.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 8:21:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Didn't that Tanto guy in 13 hours use a Bushmaster?
View Quote

Once upon a time the ABC's of top AR's was Armalite, Bushmaster, and Colt.

Some product's quality changes over time.  Other companies also come along and raise the bar regarding what is considered a "grail" gun.
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 9:44:39 AM EDT
[#37]
cool thread op.  

i got a lower rec spring kit from CMMG inbound.  didn't see them mentioned, so fingers crossed!!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 10:48:44 AM EDT
[#38]
If reliability is the driver here, in my collection, I have never had any issues with the exception of my Larue rifles (OBR's only) to cycle suppressed.  But the issue was resolved with buffer weight tweaking.

I have the following in my collection:

KAC
LMT
DD
Larue
PWS
ADM
PSA

If I had to pick one brand to keep and use the lable that the OP is using, I would say my LMT's....The KAC's are rock solid and my Larue UU rifle is outstanding....no issues like what I had with the Larue OBR's

Two rifle brands that I feel fly below the radar here are PWS and ADM.   I am very impressed with these and the ADM for the money is an outsanding buy for a full ambi rifle
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 2:18:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The answer is posted everywhere. But I wouldn't put Geissele on the list. I might get shit for it, but they cut corners and inflate the prices of their rifle (see the thread where we talk about how they use black oxide to coat their barrels to save money on treatment)

- JP
- Wilson Combat
- KAC
- LMT
- SOLGW
- Q
- Hodge
- Radian
- PWS
- POF
- V7

Noveske and Daniel Defense are pretty high up there as well, but I personally think they're kind of overrated, especially the several years of Noveske. Despite what peeps may tell you, innovation is important, so I'm partial to companies like Q, PWS, POF, LMT, LWRC, and V7. Some of the brands on the above list fail to modernize their years old designs but they're still good.

Obviously, these are my opinions and will differ from others. A lot of my list will also show up on others lists.
View Quote

Dismisses Geissele but included sons of liberty gun assemblers.  lol.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 2:32:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Dismisses Geissele but included sons of liberty gun assemblers.  lol.
View Quote

Lol, the marketing got you good eh?  Doesn’t matter to me if the rollmark matches the ownership of the cnc machines.  There is something to be said for time tested formula of building a rifle that’s been proven vs. fancy sum of the parts nonsense that’s focused on getting boners on instagram from excessive CAD focused designs and paint colors.

I’d take a non modified colt/bcm/lmt/kac/solgw straight from the factory over a Geissele, Radian, V7, Hodge any day
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 2:41:02 PM EDT
[#41]
The latest, greatest fanboi brand with the most expensive shit hanging all over it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Factory AA Import Galil ARM 16"
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 9:31:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Are we going to shoot the rifles or just post pictures on Instagram? That could change the outcome.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 11:17:42 PM EDT
[#44]
I don’t believe I seen Centurion mentioned at all here.

No glitter, but solid.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 11:25:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Colt 6921….
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 11:44:33 PM EDT
[#46]
i have a report with my county sherrif showing i took out 2 pit bulls with a sig p239. 2 separate occasions. both dogs i emptied the mag. 2nd dog was months after the first and meaner than the first. both were owned by the same next door neighbor drug dealer.

first dog almost ate my ex fiancees boy but he got in the suv just in time and when i came around the rear right corner dog took all 145gr russian silver bear hollow points by time it had hit the ground after lunging at my face.

2nd dog took same rounds from same gun at same distance about 1 and 2 feet away and it ran like hell after taking on at least 2 rounds flipping and running as i pommeled it some more. it went down with my last shots at a distance of about 12 yards hit in spine.

i cant endorse single stack 9mm mags but it fit my hand and was my go to at the time so i used what i had when the need arose. 15rd should be the bare minimum legal requirement for any state that has loose pit bulls running free.

both dogs snapped and ran off their porch up to the end of our porch where suv parked across our yard thats open connected. both times the dogs were sitting on their porch 80 yards away when their owner wasnt home and kid ran to truck too fast or i did.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 5:36:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
i have a report with my county sherrif showing i took out 2 pit bulls with a sig p239. 2 separate occasions. both dogs i emptied the mag. 2nd dog was months after the first and meaner than the first. both were owned by the same next door neighbor drug dealer.

first dog almost ate my ex fiancees boy but he got in the suv just in time and when i came around the rear right corner dog took all 145gr russian silver bear hollow points by time it had hit the ground after lunging at my face.

2nd dog took same rounds from same gun at same distance about 1 and 2 feet away and it ran like hell after taking on at least 2 rounds flipping and running as i pommeled it some more. it went down with my last shots at a distance of about 12 yards hit in spine.

i cant endorse single stack 9mm mags but it fit my hand and was my go to at the time so i used what i had when the need arose. 15rd should be the bare minimum legal requirement for any state that has loose pit bulls running free.

both dogs snapped and ran off their porch up to the end of our porch where suv parked across our yard thats open connected. both times the dogs were sitting on their porch 80 yards away when their owner wasnt home and kid ran to truck too fast or i did.
View Quote

Obviously, wrong thread.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 5:39:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Obviously, wrong thread.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obviously, wrong thread.  

I was thinking the same thing, but it is 430 in the morning, so I thought I was still sleeping
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 7:37:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Lol, the marketing got you good eh?  Doesn’t matter to me if the rollmark matches the ownership of the cnc machines.  There is something to be said for time tested formula of building a rifle that’s been proven vs. fancy sum of the parts nonsense that’s focused on getting boners on instagram from excessive CAD focused designs and paint colors.

I’d take a non modified colt/bcm/lmt/kac/solgw straight from the factory over a Geissele, Radian, V7, Hodge any day
View Quote

I’m pretty sure G parts have been used to shoot more terrorists in the face for a lot longer than SOLGW, so yeah, I’d trust a G rifle more. G triggers, rails, CH, are widely considered the best out there, so it’s not all that much of a stretch to assume the REBCG and barrels would be quality as well.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 10:09:46 AM EDT
[#50]
KAC
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top