Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2020 2:32:54 PM EDT
Basically what the subject says. I'm thinking about panic buying a PCC lower to turn into a pistol. What are the good ones? I wanted to go with Glock just because I think it looks cooler.

Or, should I just buy a block from PSA for one of my regular lowers and call it a day?
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 2:59:14 PM EDT
[#1]
My PSA Glock lower works great.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 3:35:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Look at the Foxtrot Mike ARs that have LRBHO and take Glock mags...

I dig mine, would buy again.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 3:38:12 PM EDT
[#3]
QC10.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I tried a Glock mag adapter and I could never get it to run 100% reliably, so I went with a Spikes Glock mag lower, STLS920. Example It has LRBHO and it's never failed to lock back on empty.  So far it runs 100%.

Many of the adapters cost nearly the same as a dedicated lower.

That being said, I have a KAK Colt mag adapter in my other build (Anderson poverty pony), and that also runs 100% (so far, fingers crossed).
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 4:06:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been very happy with my New Frontier Armory "Thor" glock mag lower I used for the gun in my avatar pic. Has worked 100% since day one. I have a 45 cal lower from the as well. Trying to get that one finished to add to the stable.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 4:25:40 PM EDT
[#6]
The LH side charge, integrated LRBHO trip upper that I have (with 16" 9mm bbl. using direct blow back operation) works perfectly on a dedicated Glock mag lower that does not have an integrated LRBHO trip, and on other standard mag well lowers using a Glock mag block that does not have an integrated LRBHO trip.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to pursue, and be well.

ETA: The aforementioned upper does not have the clearance divot (cutout, recess, void, etc.) for a rotating bolt key; hence, the CMMG rotating bolt apparatus is not an option.  Whether or not there is sufficient space for a ramp type bolt apparatus to be installed is yet to be determined.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 6:20:37 PM EDT
[#7]
My Angstadt 0940 Receiver has been flawless.

I ordered just the receiver through my FFL and the rest of the parts and accessories direct to my home. I figured that I saved ~$100 in sales tax by ordering this way.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I went Glock mag lower for my PCC but then I don't have any desire to play in NFA land.

If you think you may want to go SBR at some point then I'd say use a mag block (glock mag or not) and a standard lower.  That way when you eventually SBR it, you won't be nearly as limited as to caliber/upper combos
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Blocks are a pain in the ass for frequent change overs but are a good choice if you have a FA RR or SBR AND are running blowback uppers.

For a CMMG radially delayed blowback upper that has an ejector in the bolt the fixed ejectors of both mag well adapters and Glock mag lowers needs to be removed and magazine height needs adjustment.

If you aren’t locked into Glock mags the CMMG RDB upper and Endo mags are nice for ergonomics, handling, mag carry and swaps, and lower port pop running suppressed.

Lots of choices in the 9mm AR build arena. Try to stay away from barrels threaded 1/2-36 as that limits future muzzle device choices. If you think you will use a binary trigger you also want to stay away from solid heavy buffers as they are more prone to bolt bounce.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:12:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quarter Circle 10 or JP
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 11:49:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 11:50:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went Glock mag lower for my PCC but then I don't have any desire to play in NFA land.

If you think you may want to go SBR at some point then I'd say use a mag block (glock mag or not) and a standard lower.  That way when you eventually SBR it, you won't be nearly as limited as to caliber/upper combos
View Quote
Interesting point. I have a 11.5 5.56 SBR. I also have two pistol lowers with new braces.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:48:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Ive had a QC10 Glock lower for 4 years now and cant remember a FTF or FTE....it just goes and goes...………...That said I removed the last round bolt hold open...…….on it and bagged the parts...…….imho totally unreliable...……..sucks.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:27:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Interesting point. I have a 11.5 5.56 SBR. I also have two pistol lowers with new braces.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. I like a buddy's philosophy - and he is heavy into tax stamps.  "If you are gonna get into tax stamps, get the most versatile thing you can think of for your first one.  And any time you get one, think of any limitations on future use you may have for it, and unless it is FA forget about any resale value unless there are further restrictions on additions to the registry."

Anyway, since you already have a SBR lower I would go with the mag block - because 9mm on a carbine stock with a short barrel is way fun, more than double so if you have a binary trigger (or eventually get a FA lower/LL) ...  And since you also have pistol lowers you'll be able to move the unit around to where ever you want to use it.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top