Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2020 5:42:23 AM EDT
Basically, I have several AR-15 lowers setup with various A2 LOP fixed stocks on rifle receiver extensions with the 5-weight rifle buffer.  Both original A2 style stocks and other more modern styles such as skeletonized and/or PR style.

I wanted to build up a large frame LR-308 lower the same way and slapped on a basic A2 from a fresh PSA lower build kit and the Length Of Pull (LOP) is off and doesn't feel right.  Took me a few seconds and I realized this is because the actual tail of the large frame LR-308 lower receiver is longer behind the pistol grip then a standard AR-15 lower.

So, If I use the one notch shorter A1 LOP fixed stock with the LR-308 lower that should mainly counteract the extra length in the lower receiver itself and get me back to that A2 LOP that I am used too.

Been looking around on the net and the options for fixed stocks to fit the rifle length receiver extension that are A1 LOP rather then A2 LOP are a lot less options and usually on the higher end of the price point.

I am looking at the CMMG A1 stock right now.

Would appreciate any other good options out there for what is available in stock options that is intended to be A1 (one notch shorter then A2) on the AR-15 frame and thus will put me where I want to be at an A2 LOP when used on an LR-308 frame which is one notch longer in the frame itself.

Thanks You'all !!!
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:59:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:02:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Would appreciate any other good options out there for what is available in stock options that is intended to be A1 (one notch shorter then A2) on the AR-15 frame and thus will put me where I want to be at an A2 LOP when used on an LR-308 frame which is one notch longer in the frame itself.

Thanks You'all !!!
View Quote
The Ace/Doublestar ARFX stock is same length as A2 BUT has a removable butt pad that is about 1/2" or maybe a little more.  Just don't install the pad, and if you want some no-slip put some skater tape on the butt or hot glue gun a mouse pad and trim to fit.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 8:06:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The Magpul MOE rifle is between A1 and A2 length and uses standard rifle buffer and spring.  It uses the A1 receiver extension without the A2 extender and can be lengthened to A2 length with the extended butt pad if desired.  For me it is the perfect fixed stock.  The stock also has ample storage space if that floats your boat.

I use them on both ARs and LRs, no problems.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 8:28:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Just bought a couple A1 surplus stocks from Numrich.  One was super.  The other had rust on the buttplate door/latch mechanism and hinge.  $25 each.

I think the last 4 or 5 I've built (for me) have surplus A1 stocks on them.  I even put one on the GII after a couple weeks.

Link Posted: 2/20/2020 4:52:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the suggestions guys.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 1:16:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I just picked up a CMMG a1 stock a couple days ago. Seems pretty sturdy. May just be a rebranded Cav Arms. Did come with an a2 buttplate.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top