Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2020 3:46:17 PM EDT
I have an unopened tube of thread locker that American Defense includes with their optics mounts.

I'd like to use it sometime, but I know nothing about it.

Is it heat resistant?

Not that I'd  use it on something like a flash hider, but maybe for an M-LOK nut & screw on a rail that might get  hot?

Anybody know some specs on it?
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 4:17:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Last time I checked they still use Vibra Tite VC3
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 5:33:20 PM EDT
[#2]
If it is VC3, max temp is 165 F. I do use it and like it for optic mounts, but I'm still searching for the blue stuff Magpul puts on the ends of their screws.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 10:50:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it is VC3, max temp is 165 F. I do use it and like it for optic mounts, but I'm still searching for the blue stuff Magpul puts on the ends of their screws.
View Quote

Loctite 242?
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 12:04:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Loctite 242?
View Quote

I wish it was that easy to find! It's a reusable product like VC3 but much more durable. Nylok makes it but I can't find consumer grade quantities.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top