Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/25/2020 9:39:03 AM EDT
I have spare bolts, firing pins and carriers and my understanding even though I've never had a problem is this fixes most issues you typically will have...but there are all kinds of spring kits, replacement parts, etc and I'm just looking for a little wisdom on what to keep?
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:55:37 AM EDT
[#1]
They're so cheap, just buy an extra LPK or two.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:59:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Only thing I ever had break was a hammer pin on my 9mm AR. Couple of spring kits and an entire LPK plus a spare bolt and firing pin are what I keep on hand.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 11:06:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 12:06:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Keep a spare LPK.  Cheap and easy.

I learned to do so when I found out a finishing nail is no replacement for a detent pin.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 1:25:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been told Bolt Cam Pins are a weak point. If you have an extra fully assembled BCG, that will cover you.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 7:17:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top