Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/22/2018 1:43:10 AM EDT
My upcoming build currently involves adding a Surefire open tine Warcomp to a cut-down barrel to make it 16" OAL. Of course, the open tine version has the port holes drilled to where you can custom time it to suit your shooting preference. Thing is... it's going to be pinned and welded so I only get one shot (yup, pun) at installing it and want to make sure I time it to best suit me.

For reference, this rifle will be my go-to for just about anything, including home defense, training, etc. I will probably do 90+% of my shooting right handed but do plan on training offhand as well. Would it be best suited for right-handed timing or just set it for neutral timing and call it a day? I want to hear from those with Warcomp experiences what works best overall.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 1:46:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I have mine setup for righty. I've shot one in neutral timing, couldn't tell a difference tbh.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 2:19:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have mine setup for righty. I've shot one in neutral timing, couldn't tell a difference tbh.
View Quote
Buddy of mine on our ERT team said their rifles have the Warcomps and said they were installed neutral and caused the rifle to push down a bit much on a 10.5 Bushmaster SBR. Once they changed them to right handed he said it felt better. Then again, he's a skinnier dude than I am so who knows.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 8:03:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Neutral on my MCX, it works great!
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 10:17:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone else before I order one?
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 12:36:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 4:22:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I don’t own one but I’ve found that calling the company and asking to talk to a tech can almost always get the answer.

I’ve ended up having someamazing conversations over the years.   For example a super cool guy in the lab of a major gunpowder company.  He helped me figure out the load data for an unlisted powder/bullet combination and I learned a ton in about 4 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:13:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I have several, all mine are set neutral.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 8:12:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Neutral
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top