Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/7/2023 1:02:53 AM EDT
I want a Larry Vickers style or Blackhawk Down 723 clone. Would I be better off buying a used Bushmaster XM-15E2S or building one? As Ian and Larry describe the early days of the 723’s unit adoption, there is some variation from model to model based on the end user’s choice. I plan to shoot my clone and might even take it to a class or two.

I have attached a link for reference.

https://www.forgottenweapons.com/larry-vickers-delta-force-colt-723-carbine/

Thanks
Signed Respectfully,
Joseph
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 2:11:09 AM EDT
[#1]
This belongs in the A2 Forum
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 2:36:46 AM EDT
[#2]
There are some variations in 723 configurations, but something similar to the earliest of them is available from the new H&R:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/harrington-richardson-723-style-carbine-5-56mm-rifle-black.html

A more proper clone would probably be grey color instead of black, and with a "C7" style upper. H&R is working on C7 uppers, they're trying to get stuff out as fast as they can.
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 12:15:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 11:07:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I just ordered a Blem 723 upper from PSA & an A2 H&R marked lower for my 723 build.  Saved about $80+ by not ordering the whole rifle.  You also have an A1 lower option.  Being a lefty, I also ordered an A2 upper receiver that I may put the barrel into.  But I think a C7 receiver would be better.

If you want to be more clone correct, you'll probably have to build one from scratch.  I'm not sure these were ever made with H&R marked lowers, but anything is possible.

And sometimes you can find older Bushmasters that fit the 727 profile that may just need a stock swap.  I found this one last year for around $600 & added the stock for a BHD build.

Link Posted: 5/8/2023 8:58:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks
View Quote

No, thank you.

Link Posted: 5/14/2023 11:28:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice clone
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top