Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/26/2022 1:55:50 PM EDT
Currently running a vortex Razor gen 2 e 1x6, I have a opportunity to trade for a Trijicon Credo 1x8. Anyone running a credo or had both that can offer some guidance on what you think is better.

I like first focal plain and the reticle in the credo but the glass clarity in my Razor is amazing. Don't have a credo near by to check the glass clarity. Thanks for you opinions and guidance.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 3:07:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the early version (Accupower) of the credo 1-8, and thought the glass and eyebox at 1x was a bit better then a Razor non E version I had to compare it too. It was only 1oz heavier then the razor so I kept it and sold the razor because I liked the eyebox more. It will not be daylight bright if you need that.

I no longer own either optic, but I did eventually get a couple of new E model razors and they were much more useful being they are daylight bright, and lighter at 21oz.

That extra 2x mag didn't make much difference anyway.

Link Posted: 7/26/2022 3:20:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I also used to own the accupower 1-8 and the razor. If you don’t want the 2 extra mag and ffp the razor is better in most ways. The accupower does have better eyebox but the razor definitely is no slouch in the eyebox department.

I don’t think you’re going to find anything with better glass than the razor until you step up to the $2k price range.

They are both very nice optics but are geared
for different uses. The accupower is more of a dmr .308 battle rifle type optic while the razor is geared towards being a multigun 5.56 optic
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 7:12:20 PM EDT
[#3]
It will be going on a CQB setup 12.5 currently have my razor HD gen2 e on it
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:28:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Interesting to hear everyone saying the eyebox on the credo is better than the razor 1-6. The razor is better than anything else I've tried. Accupoint 1-6 is close but the razor is better.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:43:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I explain it like this. Do you want a 1X scope that you can crank up to 6X, or an 8X scope that you can crank down to 1X? Because this is how I think they’re best utilized relative to one another.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:28:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting to hear everyone saying the eyebox on the credo is better than the razor 1-6. The razor is better than anything else I've tried. Accupoint 1-6 is close but the razor is better.
View Quote

The Vortex has one of the best eye boxes of anything I’ve looked through! My older USO SN4 is a close runner up but the the Vortex wins in that department!
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:54:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know if I'm comparing apples to oranges, but I bought a Credo HX 1-6x about a month ago.  My thinking was that, according to reviews, the Credo would be everything the Razor is, only smaller (more trim) and lighter.  It wasn't.... at all.  The Credo didn't even come close to the Razor.  I mean, if you're just sitting there looking through the scopes and comparing them with an ideal position, in good light, then the Credo had some impressive glass.  When it came to actual use ... the Credo downright sucked.  Not nearly as user friendly as the Razor.  The eyebox wasn't even close.  Clarity at night was night and day.

I wound up selling the Credo and took an a$$ beating trying to move it.  Money down the drain.  I'm not knocking anyone's equipment.  If you're running one and you're happy, that's a good thing, but going from a Razor to a Credo is going to leave you feeling like I do.  Sorely disappointed and pretty ticked off at all of the BS reviews that had the gaul to compare the Credo to the Razor.

You already have the best bang for the buck scope on the planet.  You won't do better.

For those thinking about buying a Credo or HX or Delta Stryker, you'd be better off buying a used Razor on the EE.  $1100 spent once.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:48:05 PM EDT
[#8]
OP this is a terrible post. Until you specify what the rifle will be used for and at what distances most replies will be worthless.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:51:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm a fan of the Razor, for cqb, on 1x the illuminated reticle is as good as a red dot with both eyes open.

I can't speak for the other scope.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:28:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I have the 1-6 Razor and the 1-4 Credo.  Not sure how the 1-4 Credo compares to the 1-6 Credo.  With the Razor on 4x, it is a noticeable difference compared to the Credo, as in better.  The Razor is more clear to the edges when compared to the Credo, the Razor seems brighter, the red dot is very bright on the Razor and the glass is more clear overal.  I’m not saying the Credo is bad but compared to the Razor, it’s a lesser scope.  With all that said, that is me comparing my 1-4 Credo to my Razor set on 4x.

It is so hard to take pics through a scope to show how it truly looks but you can kind of see how the two scopes edge quality looks.  Both scopes were focused on the tan/ yellow’ish house.  The Razor’s edges look more clear to me.  The tile roof is 108yds, the tan house is 206yds and the cell tower is 379yds.

Both scopes are SFP.

Razor 1-6 on 4x.

Attachment Attached File

Credo HX 1-4 on 4x.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:32:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don't know if I'm comparing apples to oranges, but I bought a Credo HX 1-6x about a month ago.  My thinking was that, according to reviews, the Credo would be everything the Razor is, only smaller (more trim) and lighter.  It wasn't.... at all.  The Credo didn't even come close to the Razor.  I mean, if you're just sitting there looking through the scopes and comparing them with an ideal position, in good light, then the Credo had some impressive glass.  When it came to actual use ... the Credo downright sucked.  Not nearly as user friendly as the Razor.  The eyebox wasn't even close.  Clarity at night was night and day.

I wound up selling the Credo and took an a$$ beating trying to move it.  Money down the drain.  I'm not knocking anyone's equipment.  If you're running one and you're happy, that's a good thing, but going from a Razor to a Credo is going to leave you feeling like I do.  Sorely disappointed and pretty ticked off at all of the BS reviews that had the gaul to compare the Credo to the Razor.

You already have the best bang for the buck scope on the planet.  You won't do better.

For those thinking about buying a Credo or HX or Delta Stryker, you'd be better off buying a used Razor on the EE.  $1100 spent once.
View Quote

Was this a ffp or sfp? I’ve been really happy with my credo hx sfp. Razor is pretty hard to beat, and I wouldn’t say it “beats it”, I don’t think most quality things beat each other besides preferences or very specific requirements, but I am very happy with it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 10:59:02 AM EDT
[#12]
My post above was based on a SFP Credo HX. My biggest problem with the Credo was in actual use. The eye box sucked compared to the razor. With the razor, as long as you're behind the scope, you can see through it. With the Credo, you get off axis and you start to get a little shadow and then nothing. Just black. The vortex is a much better run and gun optic.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 8:29:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Keep the Razor.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 11:58:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's very possible somebody would be looking to spend the $300-400 less.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 11:44:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is very true, in which case I would stick with the PST. What they say about the PST being 90% of what the razor is, is true. For me, the added expense of the razor was worth it. I wanted an upper tier build. The only advantage the Credo had on the PST was 3 ounces in weight and a slimmer profile. In terms of usability, it was the PST hands down. Better eyebox and brighter image in low light.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 11:12:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or you could just grab a Razor off of the EE for about 1k. At that price, it isn't even a question. Razor hands down.

If you're looking for a hunting scope, the Credo would have been just fine, even with the lesser glass. For running and gunning and awkward shooting positions? If you get a credo, you're gonna wind up doing what I did. That's selling the Credo at almost a 40% loss just to get rid of it. Eh, I was doing a couple new builds and changing up some equipment and was working with a self imposed constraint on how much money I'd spend, so I was buying and selling a bunch of stuff to figure out what was gonna work for me. What's funny is that I kept a PST and dumped the Credo. I actually liked the PST better. I kept the PST until I replaced it with an ACOG.

I'm not trying to trash the Credo. It was a nice scope. Everyone I showed it to was impressed ... until I pulled out the the razor.

Still, the Credo isn't a piece of crap. It's a pretty nice scope. You could train around its shortcomings. For me, the razor was it. One thing that I did like about the Credo HX was the illumination. They finally got it right.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 12:56:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That is very true, in which case I would stick with the PST. What they say about the PST being 90% of what the razor is, is true. For me, the added expense of the razor was worth it. I wanted an upper tier build. The only advantage the Credo had on the PST was 3 ounces in weight and a slimmer profile. In terms of usability, it was the PST hands down. Better eyebox and brighter image in low light.
View Quote
Credo offers a BDC reticle for those that like that too. Idk. Weight is important to me as well.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 11:20:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Credo offers a BDC reticle for those that like that too. Idk. Weight is important to me as well.
View Quote

As a practical matter, any reticle with subsections is a BDC reticle. If you're serious about shooting longer ranges, beyond 300, you should have a ballistic program, like strelok. If you put in good data, it's pretty accurate.

Weight was a concern for me too. That's why the Credo caught my eye. Everything I said above was my experience, but I don't stand still and shoot. If you're shooting mostly from a stationary position or getting on target quickly isn't that important, the Credo would be fine. Of course, you can always train around the short comings of an optic. Ask anyone that has any significant time behind a 4x acog. Still, I found that those I listed were better suited to less than ideal circumstances.
Link Posted: 8/19/2022 4:58:48 PM EDT
[#19]
i have both sitting on rifles in my safe right now.

at 1x the razor is better. not SIGNIFICANTLY better but its absolutely better. credo might take the edge slightly at full magnification. but the credo isnt daylight bright. the razor is. the credo is significantly longer, but its also lighter.

the eye box is slightly better in the razor.

both are amazing scopes. i take the razor. but you cant go wrong.

if i was gona do a 1-8, id go the PA PLX-c. it seems to be taking the cake right now for 1-8
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top