Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/16/2018 9:22:31 PM EDT
Been reading about it, anyone informed on when they will be available, and cost?  Supposed to be lighter in weight.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 11:15:22 PM EDT
[#1]
They are available now at both Midway and EuroOptic, probably other places as well. Looks like just the BDC and MRAD reticles right now.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 11:19:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought the 1-6 Gen 2 E in person at EuroOptic yesterday. I went with the JM reticle, I paid $1,217 as part of 13% off sale they are currently running.  I'm still waiting on the mount I ordered, but the scope seems really nice.  It is heavier than I'd like, but the E version is noticeably lighter than the prior version.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 2:18:01 AM EDT
[#3]
What is the weight difference?  I have the gen 2, just curious.  Glass has certainly come a long way, lately
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 2:23:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is the weight difference?  I have the gen 2, just curious.  Glass has certainly come a long way, lately
View Quote
1/4 lb
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 6:26:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Waited for SHOT to see new LPVOs.

New Steiner 1-6 is a neutered version of their new military 1-6, $2999 MSRP, heavier than gen II E, worse fov/relief/eyebox.
New USO 1-6 around same price as gen II E, 1oz heavier, worse eye relief, and a horrible reticle.
NF NX8 has smallest exit pupil measurements out of serious LVPOs, uncapped elevation.
NF ATACR seems very solid but I have no use for the one available reticle, very expensive. Unaware of any 1.93" 34mm mounts.

So for me, the gen II E seems to be the best option.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 8:33:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I haven't had chance to get my new Vortex Razor II E 1-6x to the range, but I got it mounted up tonight.  Just checking it out around my house, it seems like an awesome scope for the AR.  The weight isn't too bad and it feels like it will be pretty much as fast as an Aimpoint up close.  I can't wait to get some trigger time behind this setup.

Excuse the packing oil on the AR, it is also new and I haven't cleaned it yet.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top