Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/16/2020 3:26:58 AM EDT
I have a Vltor A5 pistol buffer tube extension on a 300blk AR pistol with the law tactical folding adaptor and am looking at the different braces & from my understanding the Vltor tube is 1.18' diameter

What pistol braces work with this diameter tube & what would you recommend?
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 7:22:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Tailhook MOD 1 on both.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 7:40:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Not wanting to be that guy, but the combination of the Vltor A5 pistol buffer tube extension with the law tactical folding adapter is likely going to push you past the verboten 13.5" length.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 10:57:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not wanting to be that guy, but the combination of the Vltor A5 pistol buffer tube extension with the law tactical folding adapter is likely going to push you past the verboten 13.5" length.
View Quote
If my measurements are correct it's shorter than the max length, I could be wrong & will double check with a different tape measure to be sure.
Link Posted: 3/16/2020 10:59:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Tailhook MOD 1 on both.
View Quote
How does the tailhook do with recoil, the wife will be using this also & she has some nerve damage & is recoil sensitive
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 3:26:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I have SBM4 on one or two.  If I recall, I think I put a couple wraps of electrical tape in a couple spots on the tube to get the brace nice and tight.  Also use the Odin Works clamp thing to help hold it in place and keep it from rotating.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yQCEFYh3WXbYUhsH9
https://photos.app.goo.gl/anVQCYEvFKgfdi3S9
https://photos.app.goo.gl/yqRHefRcLXebMrLN6
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 12:11:15 PM EDT
[#6]
The original SB braces fit perfect on the A5 pistol tube

sig sbx for instance
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 12:45:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I recently bought an SBA4 to go with the A5 pistol system. What am I missing that I can't get the SBA4 over the A5 extension tube?
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 1:06:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I recently bought an SBA4 to go with the A5 pistol system. What am I missing that I can't get the SBA4 over the A5 extension tube?
View Quote

Do you have the SBA4 or the SBM4? The A4 takes a regular CAR tube and goes on like a stock. The M4 is friction fit on a plain round tube. They can sometimes be very tight.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 12:53:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Dang! Thank you sir. Back it goes.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top