Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2021 5:25:13 PM EDT
I am considering saying f it and getting one of these for my M6A2 or maybe a 20" flat top. I have handled both, shot with the ELCAN. I really like the idea of going from 1x to 4x, it would be ideal for any activities in the forest that surrounds my house. I know they are both beasts when it comes to reliability, the IOR costs a bit less but there is a deal with a Specter DR with a reflex sight topper for maybe $200 more than a Pitbull with mounts. ELCAN zero adjustments seem more straightforward. Don't know that I will need 1/10 mil clicks. Which might be better at dawn & dusk? Thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 6:10:42 PM EDT
[#1]
No experience with the Pitbull, but based on the specs alone, I'd go with the Elcan. Simple throw lever for 1 and 4x, aimpoint bright reticle illumination for the center dot, NVG compatible (though a wash in a practical sense, IMO), and it's about 23oz with the mount. Light gathering is great at dusk/dawn.

Elcan all day (and night).
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:29:29 PM EDT
[#2]
IOR pitbull huh. That is a name that I have not heard in a long time. I’d go with the DR by a mile.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 5:33:12 PM EDT
[#3]
ELCAN, for resale value alone.  

You'll take a bath when you try to sell of an IOR, esp a Pitbull.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:07:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a pair of Elcans that I bought after the EoTech buyback. Great optics. Sold them when I went back to EoTechs as a better suit for my needs but I have been toying with getting one again.

You won't regret an Elcan.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top