Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/19/2019 11:52:11 PM EDT
So pulled the trigger after a lot of reading on a VTAC Bungee Sling, black.   Arrived yesterday, high quality webbing as expected, had one magpul QD that came w LE6920 MP setup, using on butt stock end, ordered an M Lok fore mount and Paraclip.  Like the VTAC bungee concept and close connection, easy extension, quick adjust idea.   Figure I will have a few slings before I am done, but happy with quality.  Looking for use case experiences w the VTAC bungee and comments to assist others as they decide.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 11:42:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Thinking of going with the Magpul M-lok mount and a Magpul Paraclip on front, have the Magpul QD already on the stock.  Doing a bunch of research on bipods too, down to a Grip Pod or a Magpul Bipod, a Magpul VFG came w my Colt LE setup.  The Grip Pod is interesting but looks pretty bulky so thinking the bipod instead and use the VFG I have... Not convinced best way to set up the front end yet.   Super happy with the Burris 332 and their red dot mounts on top.   Need to figure out the pics here so I can post them.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 11:45:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Ordered the M-lok front ring and Paraclip, good reviews for how they worked on front mount and reliable connection w extra Paraclip "lock" slider.  Seems you can mount on first slot or furthest out on front grip for maximum stretch, leverage with sling.   A bunch of videos on wrapping the VTAC (and other slings) around your forearm as a brace.  Looks like a solid way to stabilize.   I want that quick reaction accuracy but also 300-400 yds which will require a rest / bipod / grip pod.   Next is ammunition to maximize precision at longer distances.  Lots to learn.
Link Posted: 12/1/2019 11:42:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Magpul M-lok mount and Paraclip arrived.   Crazy high quality as expected, the coating is super hard, looks like it will wear like iron and the Paraclip has a locking slide that prevents an inadvertent release.   I stuck with the QD mount on the stock that came with my LE, that seems rugged as well.   Will post some in the field experience as well soon... Heading for Ft Benning GA tomorrow.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top