Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2018 7:23:49 PM EDT
Anyone try VLTOR's A5 Buffer?  Found this article and it seems logical, figured some of may have experience with this.

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/236779-vltor-a5-h4-heavy-buffer-for-ar159-pcc/
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:28:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually I have one of the A5 length CTS Aktive buffers on a rifle. While I was building my AR 9 pistol w 8" barrel upper I put it on a pistol lower I built for a 300 BLK. I put a Tubbs AR10 flatwire spring in it, a Colt mag adapter and my A5 Aktive buffer. When I pulled the charge handle back I noticed the bolt just barely cleared the bolt catch so I didn't expect it to lrbho. I got out and ran it and it ran like a sewing machine including lrbho with Brownells 30 rd mag and ASC 20 rd mags! I now have the Taccom PCC buffer and need to try it out. Right now I keep the 300 on that lower and I'm building a new nicer lower for the 300. Here is the 9mm I built.

Link Posted: 12/8/2018 10:27:33 PM EDT
[#2]
First I've heard of this, nice.

Link Posted: 12/9/2018 10:37:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
It runs really nice in my 556 rifle! Has been 100% reliable!
ETA I run the rifle with the Vltor A5 buffer tube and the green sprinco spring.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 2:39:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I use a Vltor A5 H4 buffer in a carbine tube on my AR9 set up. It runs great, but I've only been to the range twice with. May have about 600rds thru it, but no issues.

Vltor unintentionally invented the perfect 9mm buffer.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 2:49:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I just looked up the Taccom PCC buffer, if I had noticed you mentioning this earlier I would have taken a flier on that for $90 instead of ordering a VLTOR A5H3 Buffer and Rifle Buffer Spring for about $65...  Reading is FUNDAMENTAL everyone.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:45:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I’m running an A5 length buffer tube, A5H4 buffer, standard rifle spring and a tube spacer in my DDLES lower.
Runs well,.....seems smoother
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 2:19:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Guess I should have ordered the H4, went with the H3 because it was weighted just slightly over the PCC Buffers I read about like the KAK INDUSTRY
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 7:32:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just looked up the Taccom PCC buffer, if I had noticed you mentioning this earlier I would have taken a flier on that for $90 instead of ordering a VLTOR A5H3 Buffer and Rifle Buffer Spring for about $65...  Reading is FUNDAMENTAL everyone.
View Quote
I'm dying to get out and try it out. Ijust gotra make the time. I think it comes with a lower power buffer spring, but I'm going to start with an AR10 Flatwire since that ran great with the A5 buffer.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:42:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I'm dying to get out and try it out. Ijust gotra make the time. I think it comes with a lower power buffer spring, but I'm going to start with an AR10 Flatwire since that ran great with the A5 buffer.
View Quote
I'm sure a bunch of us would appreciate an update on that buffer, I know I would.
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 7:10:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Guess I should have ordered the H4, went with the H3 because it was weighted just slightly over the PCC Buffers I read about like the KAK INDUSTRY
View Quote
A weight swap will get ya there
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 3:19:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

A weight swap will get ya there
View Quote
Anyone have a source for the weights to make my A5H3 into an H4?  I haven't received my Buffer yet but I'm just doing a little homework for later on if I need it.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 1:42:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 3:52:18 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
Thank you
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top