Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/23/2021 8:04:55 PM EDT
I'm building an AR10 in .308.  I'm putting a 20" Faxon barrel on it and have a question regarding the muzzle brake. I have both the Epsilon and Gamma muzzle brakes.  Which would be the better one for my build?  I have a Gamma on a .223 Wylde AR15 and really like it, that said the Gamma may not be the best for the .308.  What do ya'll think?

TIA.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:21:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Shoot both and find out which the rifle likes best.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:24:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats plan B!  
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:52:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Epsilon.

Just for any added flash hiding qualities.
View Quote

Thanks, didn't know there was a big difference with flash hiding.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:20:23 PM EDT
[#5]
The Gamma was designed to minimize recoil and muzzle rise.  Its why I went for it.  To date I haven't been assigned night ops, so it works for my ass on wooden bench missions.
VG6 Gamma

The Epsilon was designed to minimize recoil and flash reduction
VG6 Epsilon

The Lambda was designed to minimize recoil and concussion.  It has a special jam nut for self wanking tightening.
VG6 Lambda PRS30

So its all about what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:54:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Gamma was designed to minimize recoil and muzzle rise.  Its why I went for it.  To date I haven't been assigned night ops, so it works for my ass on wooden bench missions.
VG6 Gamma

The Epsilon was designed to minimize recoil and flash reduction
VG6 Epsilon

The Lambda was designed to minimize recoil and concussion.  It has a special jam nut for self wanking tightening.
VG6 Lambda PRS30

So its all about what you are looking for.
View Quote

"Wooden bench missions"!  I love that, sounds much better than punching holes in paper!

Thanks for the rundown on the VG6 brakes, makes comparison easy.

I have a Gamma on a .223 and it does really keep muzzle rise down.  Might put that one on first.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top