Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2020 4:46:37 PM EDT
What type of sling would you use for a M16 style rifle? These are two different slings that seem to have two different purposes. I have both and can't decide which one for my A4gery. The Usgi M1 sling is better for more accurate shooting and can be carried over the shoulder. The BFG NSN sling is better for carrying with multiple positions & adjustability but I haven't figured out a way to use it for more accurate shooting. Which sling do prefer & why?
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 4:53:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Each sling has a specific purpose.  What is the purpose of the rifle?  For an HD rifle, I'd be more inclined to have a Vickers or similar tactical sling on it.  Myself, I have a nice 1-point on my HD rifle.

For my Appleseed rifles, where I'll be shooting from the various positions, of course those rifles get the GI slings as an accuracy/stability enhancement tool.

If I was going to marching and shooting, kinda soldiery/infantry stuff, I'd also be inclined to use the GI sling.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 4:58:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I guess it's kinda good to have both. At home I can use the Vickers but at the range I can use the M1
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 5:08:27 PM EDT
[#3]
On the Vickers: Jam your arm through the loop that the slider makes when slightly slacked. You may have to detach from the buttstock. It won't grip your bicep like a loop sling, but it will work 95% as well, and it's actually useful for more than parades.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:50:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Been using the GI web slings since the mid 70's on different rifles.

I did buy one of the Vickers slings when I got the GII.  Fiddled with it some.  It's still on there.  No reason to buy another one though.
Link Posted: 11/28/2020 8:52:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
On the Vickers: Jam your arm through the loop that the slider makes when slightly slacked. You may have to detach from the buttstock. It won't grip your bicep like a loop sling, but it will work 95% as well, and it's actually useful for more than parades.
View Quote

You can also get detachable arm cuffs.  Add a D ring to the vickers sling to have something to clip the cuff to.

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top