Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2021 9:02:14 PM EST
I have a couple serialized lowers and want to build on them.  Not sure what caliber yet, maybe 300BO and another 223.  What do I need to look for when shopping?  Is it an upper?  Upper kit?  Upper Kit and trigger kit?  I have not built one yet and am a bit overwhelmed.  Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:17:56 PM EST
Originally Posted By LanceHighcountry:
I have a couple serialized lowers and want to build on them.  Not sure what caliber yet, maybe 300BO and another 223.  What do I need to look for when shopping?  Is it an upper?  Upper kit?  Upper Kit and trigger kit?  I have not built one yet and am a bit overwhelmed.  Thanks for any help!
View Quote

itsatrap.jpg
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:20:29 PM EST
Nice try
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:49:26 PM EST
Originally Posted By netbrad:

itsatrap.jpg
View Quote

Originally Posted By AlwaysUP:
Nice try
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:02:39 PM EST
?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:45:29 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/15/2021 12:46:50 AM EST by TNZ71]
This is just for Uppers

a) Stripped uppers- will need barrel, forward assist, hand guard, gas block, gas tube, charging handle, bolt carrier group + knowledge and skill to assemble

b) complete upper- still need, everything except forward assist

c) complete upper assembly- everything except bolt carrier group

d) complete upper assembly w/BCG- need sights of some kind (unless an A2)

From what I've read on the interwebz YMMV
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:52:56 PM EST
View Quote

Sell the lowers while this market is red hot ! This is your best option currently.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:11:03 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Wizardali:

Sell the lowers while this market is red hot ! This is your best option currently.
View Quote

This!

Cash out while you're ahead.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:39:44 PM EST
View Quote

You need a lower parts kit and a stock with buffer tube and spring first.

You can either build your own upper from a stripped upper or buy one that is already assembled.

There are quite a few places you can get the parts you need.  However, a lot of things are in short supply or out of stock at a lot of vendors these days.
Top Top