Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2020 11:41:25 AM EDT
Centerfire is offering unmarked M16A1 kits claiming they’re colt. Are these Legit?
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 1:30:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like any other A1 parts kit that are currently available, why do you say they're unmarked?
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like any other A1 parts kit that are currently available, why do you say they're unmarked?
View Quote
That’s what their ad says https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p-85935-original-colt-ar-223-m16a1-unmarked-parts-kit-vietnam-issue-no-furniture.aspx
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 2:47:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I see now, I was looking at the other listing.

I would call and ask. The pic shows forge codes on the upper so maybe they're ground off? Or the BCG isn't C stamped?

Interesting
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 3:05:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Let us know if you get an answer
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 3:23:33 PM EDT
[#5]
IMO, if it ain’t “C” stamped or cage code it ain’t colt.

People in gunbroker are selling “Colt 1911 kits” that are clearly Rock Island stuff.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 3:29:35 PM EDT
[#6]
These were all likely made under the same contract as the other kits they are selling. I have handled 30 - 40 of them... Maybe the carrier isn't marked C, but I can almost promise these are the FAIR grade kits. They aren't special, spend the extra $50

The reason i say this is out of all the $300 kits me and my friends bought, some were pretty rough. The one in the picture is definitely worn, it says "no ejection cover". I wouldn't be surprised if you get bent ears on the upper and heavy use.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 3:40:33 PM EDT
[#7]
AND it says that there is no latch on the charging handles.  So, the extra $50 sounds good for better condition, charging handle latch, and ejection door
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 9:17:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info everybody!
I got their last colt kit earlier today.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 9:39:05 PM EDT
[#9]
So they over sold their grade C kits. So they gave me a free hand pick of their grade D kits, and here’s what I got. The small parts are out of the pic, but are all there as well. It’s got a lot of Colt C markings and one I can’t make out on the fsb.

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top