Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2019 9:32:01 PM EDT
Does anyone know where I could acquire mid length and rifle straight gas tubes before they are drilled for the gas port?
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 1:21:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you just have to know the specs, outer diameter, wall thickness and material then just buy generic tubing, nothing specific to a firearm.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 9:20:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Perhaps White Oak Precision can fix you up. https://www.whiteoakarmament.com/company/meet-the-team.html
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 10:18:04 AM EDT
[#3]
You can just straighten out a regular gas tube. You could straighten out a rifle tube and then cut the length to end up with a mid length with no hole. You would need to seal off the cut end of the tube though. Straightening out a gas tube is easy enough. You can also flip a gas tube upside down if you wanted to block off gas at the block.

Without knowing what the purpose is, it's hard to know what to suggest.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 2:09:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Autozone sells the correct diameter tubing for brake lines.
Link Posted: 9/1/2019 8:32:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Or do away with the tube altogether and swap ends on the gas block.  That’ll close off the barrel gas port just fine, if that’s what you are wanting to do.
Link Posted: 9/2/2019 1:00:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Find a Swagelok dealer near you. They are probably the biggest manufacturer of stainless tubing
Link Posted: 9/5/2019 8:26:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 9:16:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Autozone sells the correct diameter tubing for brake lines.
View Quote
You need 3/16" O.D., seamless, 1/2 hard, cold drawn, 304 stainless steel tubing with a wall thickness of .035".

Be careful, most of the stainless steel tubing you see for sale is welded, this is not strong enough for a gas tube.
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 3:50:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You need 3/16" O.D., seamless, 1/2 hard, cold drawn, 304 stainless steel tubing with a wall thickness of .035".

Be careful, most of the stainless steel tubing you see for sale is welded, this is not strong enough for a gas tube.
View Quote
How did you come across those specs?

I’ve searched a few times but came up blank. Wonder who is actually manufacturing most of them?
Link Posted: 9/6/2019 4:18:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Try contacting Black River tactical.  They make there own i believe, might be able to work something out for you
Link Posted: 9/7/2019 3:47:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

How did you come across those specs?

I’ve searched a few times but came up blank. Wonder who is actually manufacturing most of them?
View Quote
The drawings are out on the web somewhere.

And, it is a standard size tube, just not as common as 1/8 and 1/4 SS seamless.

Swagelok lists it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top