Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/15/2020 11:05:08 PM EDT
I've got 10 USGI 20 round mag bodies that i acquired some time ago.  The plan is to rebuild them with new springs from Wolff and Magpul L-plates but I need to source the followers.  Any place to find these just by themselves?
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 12:28:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 2:00:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Oh my god someone makes repros of the Alum followers? You've just changed my life
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote

I used a few of these in some old NHMTG 20s and the magazines will not feed the last round. I haven't messed with them to see what was going on but I was disappointed.  Looks like I will be going back to the black followers.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:22:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a box of used USGI black followers.  To use in a 20rd, you’d have to trim off the “leg” that limits the capacity to 30rds.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#5]
If you’re talking about the original straight 20’s, then L-plates and ranger plates won’t fit as-is — their floorplate attaches differently than on 30’s.

I’ve modified 20’s to take a ranger plate, and it’s a handy configuration.  Kinda a PITA to do though — need to remove the flat spring and trim the tabs.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:48:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I haven't tried to put an L plate on an original 20 but I have on the blackened stainless steel mags with no issues.  Ideally I'm looking for original style black plastic or original USGI aluminum followers.  I'm not sold on those from John Mason.  Seems they are repros with potential issues.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:01:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I haven't tried to put an L plate on an original 20 but I have on the blackened stainless steel mags with no issues.  Ideally I'm looking for original style black plastic or original USGI aluminum followers.  I'm not sold on those from John Mason.  Seems they are repros with potential issues.
View Quote

They are repros and they're poorly made, at least the 10 or so I bought were.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:57:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Yup, the Masens are junk.
Are we talking original aluminum or polymer followers?
No one sells repro aluminum followers. And if that’s what you have, keep em, just get new springs.
For replacement springs & followers for 20s, Brownells.

Link Posted: 5/28/2020 12:30:23 AM EDT
[#9]
AFAIK the function the same with an aluminum or plastic follower.  The follower is not as important in the 20 rd. straight magazine, unlike the 30 rd mag where the follower plays a more important role.  Don’t overthink this.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 1:08:14 AM EDT
[#10]
3-D print?
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#11]
im sent
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 6:06:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
im sent
View Quote

Go search the marketplace this is not a for sale thread...?????
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:33:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yup, the Masens are junk.
Are we talking original aluminum or polymer followers?
No one sells repro aluminum followers. And if that’s what you have, keep em, just get new springs.
For replacement springs & followers for 20s, Brownells.
View Quote

I got these aluminum ones for my 20rd colts from Masens. So far so good.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top