Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2018 11:51:22 PM EDT
I know everyone wants to forget USA Mags and I don't want to start a bashing competition, but are there any reference links or articles that document their pre-ban status?  I have done some searches and haven't found anything.  There are no external dates or markings.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 12:06:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I know everyone wants to forget USA Mags and I don't want to start a bashing competition, but are there any reference links or articles that document their pre-ban status?  I have done some searches and haven't found anything.  There are no external dates or markings.

Thanks!
View Quote
Asking for proof of a negative is silly. However, I remember them from before 1994, so you can use this post and my handle as proof, if you wish.

According to the now-defunct federal AW ban, lack of proof otherwise is proof enough.

Whom are you trying to convince, if not yourself?
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 1:18:15 AM EDT
[#2]
My impression is that in MA, pre-ban mags with dates are viewed as more defensible than those without.  I have a small number for sale on the EE.
Link Posted: 10/30/2018 1:58:50 AM EDT
[#3]
As a guy from mass, yes certain people put a premium on externally dated preban mags. But only for makers who existed  before and after the ban.  Ie some colts bushmaster etc, if you can’t tell if they are pre-ban or not depending on their lack of markings. But anything adventure line or similar is obviously pre-ban as they went out of business before the ban.  Just gotta do your due diligence.  But burden of proof is on the state.  F them, but still cover your arse
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top