BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/6/2022 8:06:20 PM EDT
Help, any one have victors contact info?   Thanks
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 8:38:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I don’t, but for some reason I was thinking that he wasn’t doing work for individuals at this time. Hopefully I’m wrong, so don’t take my word for it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:01:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Good luck, but I believe the above ^^^^^ is correct:
http://usanodizing.com/?msclkid=fb6e57d2cda011ec8c488034fef5bfc0
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:06:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there any others that the board recommends?   I just want someone that we know is capable of getting it right.  Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 12:24:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I can give you his email address but it probably won't do you any good because of the answers above.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 9:03:37 PM EDT
[#5]
He does batch work for FFLs. Message me, I have another name
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#6]
You may want to review this thread:

Anodize
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 2:14:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't hold your breath, I've been waiting five years for a response.

He was the greatest guy in the world when he was taking your money...

F**k Victor
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:42:56 AM EDT
[#8]
He deals with manufacturers now for a number of reasons. No small business ignores emails on purpose, he is in the shop working.
Even the manufacturers he deals with wait for a response because he is busy. He succeeded in business where he can now strictly do commercial/contract work which is better for him, why should we cuss him for making a business decision.

John Thomas stopped doing anodizing too for a number of similar reasons. Should we cuss him too?

This group is very demanding, we want/expect the impossible. It takes a toll on ppl.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 1:34:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He deals with manufacturers now for a number of reasons. No small business ignores emails on purpose, he is in the shop working.
Even the manufacturers he deals with wait for a response because he is busy. He succeeded in business where he can now strictly do commercial/contract work which is better for him, why should we cuss him for making a business decision.

John Thomas stopped doing anodizing too for a number of similar reasons. Should we cuss him too?

This group is very demanding, we want/expect the impossible. It takes a toll on ppl.
View Quote

I agree.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Absolutely. Victor is a good dude, who helped many of us out once upon a time, but had a business decision to make. No reason to mutherfuck him. None of us has a right to his labor.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 2:13:36 PM EDT
[#11]
This thread would be better served by a list of anodizing companies to go to now that US Anodizing off the list... So far I haven't really found a responsive one, but I've only tried contacting two through email. One is Outlaw Anodizing and the other is SnF Finishing. I've sent 2 emails into the both of them and so far it's been crickets.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I got sick of Anodizers not getting back to me so I figured out how to do Norrells Moly Resin at home.
Very impressed.
The upper is original 1985 Colt gray anodizing.
The lower started out as a bare aluminum NDS 80% that I coated with Grayish Black Colt Flat Norrells.

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 4:55:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I got sick of Anodizers not getting back to me so I figured out how to do Norrells Moly Resin at home.
Very impressed.
The upper is original 1985 Colt gray anodizing.
The lower started out as a bare aluminum NDS 80% that I coated with Grayish Black Colt Flat Norrells.
https://i.imgur.com/OkVMDX0.jpeg
View Quote

I was just about to ask you guys what coating works because I've gave up on anodizing as well. Is there a color that matches the early Colt, or "NODAK XM Grey"?
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Norrells goes on really thin.
I would try a couple of coats of Greyish black and then compare it to the upper you have.
Spraying with REM Oil darkens it up a bit, I understand that dipping in used motor oil darkens it more.
Mixing Norrels SOCOM Black with the Greyish Black can also darken it..
This was Greyish Black Colt Flat right out of the oven before oil or weathering.
Same Carbine as pictured above.

Episode 6 and 7 of this series does a pretty good job showing how to apply the Norrells.
In Range TV Retro Project
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 9:24:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Outlaw Anodizing and the other is SnF Finishing. I've sent 2 emails into the both of them and so far it's been crickets.
View Quote

Same here, nothing but silence from them, almost makes one want to start an anodizing company.....

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:03:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
He does batch work for FFLs. Message me, I have another name
View Quote

I'd be curious to know as well! I will have need for a quality anodizer for both retro grey and black in the future for sure!
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:12:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:20:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Norrells goes on really thin.

View Quote
It does. Essential Arms used to offer Tough Coat, which was Moly Resin. It was $10 extra on your receiver, and they offered it in grey, black, and green. I several in black. It's a quality product.

I'm not sure how these new ATF rules on 80%s are going to work with getting stuff finished. I'm sure as fuck not mailing my receivers out to have someone put their FFL number on it just so I can get it anodized or whatever.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 11:40:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, I have concerns as well! My lowers are serialized but I do worry about extra headaches this nonsense could bring.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 8:15:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I sent mine directly to John norrell to have him finish it, it was 125 bucks for the upper and lower, and the lower was 100% couldn't pass it up, plus I don't have any of the tools required to do it and also I only had 1 lower and I wasn't risking messing it up, they both came out fantastic.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 10:23:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well said.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 10:56:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I sent mine directly to John norrell to have him finish it, it was 125 bucks for the upper and lower, and the lower was 100% couldn't pass it up, plus I don't have any of the tools required to do it and also I only had 1 lower and I wasn't risking messing it up, they both came out fantastic.
View Quote

If all else fails I may wind up doing that but I would really prefer to have everything anodized.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 11:01:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Norrells is real easy to apply yourself if you go that route. Check out hunter rifleworks for anodizing.
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#24]

March 17 2022, I got this message from John Norrell:

We are not taking in refinishing projects but focusing on some other firearm related pursuits.  We are selling the coating.   Attached is an application manual.

Link Posted: 5/28/2022 8:28:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Norrells is real easy to apply yourself if you go that route. Check out hunter rifleworks for anodizing.
View Quote

Waiting to hear back from Hunter myself.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 4:12:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Waiting to hear back from Hunter myself.
View Quote

Yup, same here, didn't hear anything for Outlaw, but I have my fingers cross for hunter.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 1:07:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yup, same here, didn't hear anything for Outlaw, but I have my fingers cross for hunter.
View Quote

I got my lower back from him recently. It was for black anodize. Good guy, he does the anodize for the russian paint lowers.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top