Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2018 8:28:37 PM EDT
Since US Anodizing is not accepting work, who does similar good work as Victor that is accepting work?

TIA.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 8:53:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you emailed US Anodizing?  I keep seeing post that Victor isn’t taking on any new work but he just did a buffer tube, trigger guard, mag release button and slip ring for me.  Sent everything out at the beginning of May and received it two days ago.  Had everything anodized XM Gray and he did an amazing job!  If you haven’t already, send him an email.  I let him know that I was in no hurry and he could get to my parts at his convenience.  The estimate was 4-8 weeks.  I also sent a prepaid return shipping label to make it easier for him.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 6:55:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I couldnt get a reply from US Anodizing. I sent email a while back and after getting no response I just gave up.
I sent my lower off to New Frontier last week. It's a shame.
I really wanted to do my lower in XM grey. I guess I'll just have to settle for doing my retro in black.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 8:06:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you emailed US Anodizing?  I keep seeing post that Victor isn’t taking on any new work but he just did a buffer tube, trigger guard, mag release button and slip ring for me.  Sent everything out at the beginning of May and received it two days ago.  Had everything anodized XM Gray and he did an amazing job!  If you haven’t already, send him an email.  I let him know that I was in no hurry and he could get to my parts at his convenience.  The estimate was 4-8 weeks.  I also sent a prepaid return shipping label to make it easier for him.
View Quote
Yes. I have and did not get a response. I sent an e-mail in December of 2017.

I keep checking the site and see this.

"Posting 5/7/2018

We are currently working on several large contracts, and NOT able to take additional work at this time.

Please do not send us any non-contract work without prior approval.

Production work is running on schedule.

Thank you"
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 9:24:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes. I have and did not get a response. I sent an e-mail in December of 2017.

I keep checking the site and see this.

"Posting 5/7/2018

We are currently working on several large contracts, and NOT able to take additional work at this time.

Please do not send us any non-contract work without prior approval.

Production work is running on schedule.

Thank you"
View Quote
That was posted when I emailed him too.  Maybe I got lucky or maybe it was because I was up front about not being in a hurry for the parts.  He was a little slow responding to my email.  Took him about 2 weeks to reply but when he did it was with pricing and shipping info.  I was prepared to wait months for him to anodize my parts so it was like Christmas when they showed up this week!  If Brownell’s would get the retro barrels back in stock I could finish my rifle.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 4:55:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Okay, but let's say he's not doing any more work. Who else can do it?

Also his prices are pretty steep, $300 for an upper and a lower now.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 9:08:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Just FYI.

This is not a slam US Anodizing thread.

I have seen their work and oh baby!

I just was wondering if any one else was in the swimming pool with them as far as quality since US Anodizing is loaded up.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 10:09:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just FYI.

This is not a slam US Anodizing thread.

I have seen their work and oh baby!

I just was wondering if any one else was in the swimming pool with them as far as quality since US Anodizing is loaded up.
View Quote
Besides a forum member experimenting with it here and there, I don't think there are any other guys out there doing it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 1:03:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Contact HKLILLER by emailing him at [email protected].  I have a Bushmaster lower he did last year & quite pleased with it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 5:03:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I've sent emails and PMed him here. Anyone get any response at all?
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 12:26:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Contact HKLILLER by emailing him at [email protected].  I have a Bushmaster lower he did last year & quite pleased with it.
View Quote
He does the grey?
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 5:00:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I talked to S.A.I. (HKILLER). They aren't taking work until, like, November.

So basically it's US Anodizing, if they are taking work, and pay out the ass, or nothing. I'm thinking of just doing a gray Cerakote in the meantime.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 9:13:08 AM EDT
[#12]
US Anodizing isn’t cheap but their work is phenomenal and considering that they seem to be the only place in the country that does gray anodizing, I had no problem paying it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 3:44:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I've sent emails and PMed him here. Anyone get any response at all?
View Quote
I tried last year and never did.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 4:03:16 AM EDT
[#14]
So bad news - US Anodizing isn't doing any personal work this year either.

In other words, if you want XM gray, you're not getting it done until 2019.

The only exception is if you have a machine gun. For some reason they're allowing those.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 7:09:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The only exception is if you have a machine gun. For some reason they're allowing those.
View Quote
Wow, looks like I was extremely lucky to have them anodize my parts a few weeks ago.  Glad I sent them when I did.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 7:14:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well.....they were able to anodize two of my retro receivers a few months ago. I personally believe they are able to slide you in if you are a repeat customer.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 6:55:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I sent an e-mail asking if they could squeeze me in.

I'll let ya know if I get a response.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 10:58:12 AM EDT
[#18]
SnF Finishing in Keene, NH is FFL/SOT that does Type 3 mil-std black and grey. I've used them in the past and prices are reasonable. Sometimes you need to wait a week or two on your parts for a large enough batch to run in specific shades like early grey.

SnF Finishing
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 11:25:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks!

FYI. No reply from US Anodizing.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 9:21:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
SnF Finishing in Keene, NH is FFL/SOT that does Type 3 mil-std black and grey. I've used them in the past and prices are reasonable. Sometimes you need to wait a week or two on your parts for a large enough batch to run in specific shades like early grey.

SnF Finishing
View Quote
I did not see anything about grey Type 3 anodizing. Is it something you have to contact them about?
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 11:52:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thanks!

View Quote
Did you email Victor directly? He's always answered my emails fairly quickly.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 12:54:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks!

Yep.....email him directly.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 1:08:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

SnF Finishing
I did not see anything about grey Type 3 anodizing. Is it something you have to contact them about?
View Quote
Reach out to them about it. Apparently they do grey ano for other companies as well but will take on small batch/semi-custom work.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 11:28:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks.

I did that just now.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 12:52:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Reach out to them about it. Apparently they do grey ano for other companies as well but will take on small batch/semi-custom work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SnF Finishing
Do you have any pictures of their work, specifically the grey anodizing? How close is it to Victor's XM Grey?
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 12:34:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Thanks.

I did that just now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

I did that just now.
Update. Never heard back from Victor.

I am sure it is due to the busy work.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 7:26:19 PM EDT
[#27]
It would be cool if Brownells offered anodizing service.  Not sure that would ever happen since I believe they have Anchor Harvey anodize and finish their receivers.  I think they just sell firearms and parts.  Anchor Harvey would probably do big size orders not single orders.   Just a dream.

I have had US Anodizing work in the past, and I was super happy with them.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 3:02:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

SnF Finishing
View Quote
My Dad lives near Keene, and I was planning on using his mills for a couple of 80% lowers this fall. Good to know there is a local place that can do anodizing. Thanks for posting!
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top