Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2020 11:11:10 AM EDT
So I have been milling around the idea of either a factory PDW or a PDW build for this can.  I even posted about it here recently.

I have also recently wondered if a 7.62x39 would be fun but will it stabilize out of a shorter barreled pistol? Are there still magazine issues due to tapered cases or has that been solved?

I also might put it on a Tikka T3X compact tactical.  But it just seems like a 9" steel can will make that thing so long and heavy...

I am torn as to what to do with this thing.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 11:12:10 AM EDT
[#1]
By the way, this relates to what AR variant I will build so please do not move this topic.
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 1:29:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I would build a 300 BO, magazines alone make it better than the 7.62x39 out of an AR, you ca get a 7.62 x39 to run in an AR but its always a work in progress. Some will chime in with their parts list for a great 7.62x39 AR , but in my experience they always lag behind in reliability and longevity.
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 3:30:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 9:39:30 PM EDT
[#4]
FWIW, there is a guy who will cut the ass end of your can off and weld on the QD bits of your choice (AAC converted to say Dead Air, or whatever).
Link Posted: 5/16/2020 9:18:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have also recently wondered if a 7.62x39 would be fun but will it stabilize out of a shorter barreled pistol? Are there still magazine issues due to tapered cases or has that been solved?
View Quote

I've got a few hundred rounds through a x39 upper using CPD mags (30 rounders and a 10 rounder) with no issues (other than the first day when I had hammer spring in backwards)
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:
FWIW, there is a guy who will cut the ass end of your can off and weld on the QD bits of your choice (AAC converted to say Dead Air, or whatever).
View Quote

@Eccomachine

He converted my SpecWar 762 from permanent ASR to Omega pattern, and it now wears a Plan B.
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 5:09:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Pin it to an 8" 300 BLK Handi Rifle or R700.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:50:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By bfoosh06:
Lol.. you left out one possible answer... give it to me so I can build a  8" 300BK for the threaded end of the AAC.

Kidding aside, even though it a long suppressor... I'd still want to try it on a 300BK.

And then decide on the bolt gun application.

I suspect, the suppressor would get more use on a 300BK... at least for my typical shooting.
View Quote

I am leaning that way.  I want to get a featherlight can for my bolt gun.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:51:07 AM EDT
[#9]
FWIW, there is a guy who will cut the ass end of your can off and weld on the QD bits of your choice (AAC converted to say Dead Air, or whatever).
View Quote

@lilmac25

Who dat?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Texsylvanian:

@lilmac25

Who dat?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Texsylvanian:

@lilmac25

Who dat?

@Texsylvanian, I think it’s ECCO Machine, but let me try to dig it up.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/ECCO-Machine-and-Fabrication-Silencer-Mount-Conversions/20-502349/?page=1

There ya go.

I want to have my AAC SDN-6 converted to DAS KeyMount.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:31:48 PM EDT
[#11]

@Texsylvanian, I think it’s ECCO Machine, but let me try to dig it up.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/ECCO-Machine-and-Fabrication-Silencer-Mount-Conversions/20-502349/?page=1

There ya go.

I want to have my AAC SDN-6 converted to DAS KeyMount.
View Quote

Cool! Tango mike!
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:35:50 PM EDT
[#12]

@Texsylvanian, I think it’s ECCO Machine, but let me try to dig it up.

There ya go.

I want to have my AAC SDN-6 converted to DAS KeyMount.
View Quote

@lilmac25

Holy f*cking sh*t that is EXACTLY what I need in my life.  Thank you!!!

Definitely going PDW route now.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:40:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a AAC 762SD that I wasn't using, so I just bought one of the Solo 300 uppers.  It's pretty much a straight pull 300BLK bolt gun that fits an AR lower.  I coincidently also had a spare lower that I didn't know what to do with.  I'm in the process of trying to find a handguard for it.  It's something different to try out.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 7:28:03 AM EDT
[#14]
I have decided.

Ecco machine conversion for my cyclone and a sugar weasel.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top