Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/20/2020 5:31:32 PM EDT
I'm ready to buy my next group of mags, and so far I only have PMAGS.  The search function returns nothing on Troy Battlemags, and I have read only a few references to the Okay Surefeeds.  

1) What is the difference between Okay's Surefeeds and their E-mags?  The Emags are about $1 more.
2) How do the Battlemags compare to the PMags?  I can find the Troys cheaper than the Gen2 and Gen3 PMags, and at about the same price as the Surefeeds.

Link Posted: 6/20/2020 6:20:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had several Troy battlemags I bought post Sandy hook, the ones I kept work perfectly and I gave away a few over the years to new AR owners. They always worked fine but I never really felt a desire to buy more over Lancers or GI aluminum/pmags.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 6:38:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Surefeeds are GTG mispec metal mags.

The E2 surefeeds have textured mag bodies and different follower.  Its their top of the line mag..

I keep Surefeeds, Lancers and Pmags...
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 6:50:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I had some issues with troy mags not feeding softpoints. I don't use them anymore.

Gen 3 MCT pmags are $10.50 each at provenoutfitters.com. That's what I recommend.

I've ordered some of the E2's to play with, but I don't have them in hand yet.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 11:24:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
1) What is the difference between Okay's Surefeeds and their E-mags?  The Emags are about $1 more.
2) How do the Battlemags compare to the PMags?  I can find the Troys cheaper than the Gen2 and Gen3 PMags, and at about the same price as the Surefeeds.

View Quote

E2 "improvements "

Original Surefeeds are golden.

As for the Troy mags, buy a couple and run them then you will know firsthand. Pure trash IME.

Pmags while not my flavor are solid kit. M3 > M2.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top