Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/24/2021 5:53:25 PM EDT
Hello. After a 4 month wait, I finally received my LaRue tactical 5.56 stealth 20” barrel. Much to my surprise, the barrel was protruding out of the shipping container when I received it. I called LaRue and sent them some pictures of the banged up thread protector and the banged up gas tube protector. They paid for shipping, so I sent the barrel back. Two days later, they called me and said that they had examined the barrel and pronounced it good to go and they sent it back. I received it yesterday and today I took it to my gunsmith for a build on an aero upper, a Geiselle MK 8 upper rail, a daniel defense BCG and a birdcage flash hider. My gunsmith has put together several rifles for me and he is very good. Imagine our surprise when the rifle rejected a “go” gage! My gunsmith then tried chambering a round which was successful but it was so tight that it was very difficult to extract the round. Suspecting that it might be the Daniel defense BCG, he tried a brand new aero BCG that I happened to bring along and it also rejected the “go” gage. He tried several extra bolts that he had in the shop and he finally managed to get an old colt bolt to accept the “go” gage. He said that he would normally just ream out the chamber but this chamber and bore are chromed lined so that is out of the realm of possibility. I called LaRue and they were less than helpful saying that they could not guarantee a positive result from a mixmaster approach to assembling a rifle but that they would get back to me. I am now looking for a bolt that will fit and pass all the headspace issues, What would you suggest? What else should I do? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the fact that it may be a .223 Wylde chamber make a difference?
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 6:24:43 PM EDT
[#2]
My gunsmith didn’t think so. Also the fact that the chambered round was so difficult to extract makes me not want to shoot the rifle. I don’t want to have to beat the rifle to death in between shots. Thank you for your input!
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#3]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/industry/-/219-286875/?r=3287066

"All chambers will have XTRAXN Technology, providing excellent chamber release properties, giving longer life to the extractor components, and making the entire operating system run smoother."

Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:24:18 PM EDT
[#4]
That was a very interesting article about the mysterious ’XTRAXN TECHNOLOGY”. I enjoyed reading the thread and I want to thank you for sharing it. I also have an exceptionally accurate LaRue accuracy special complete upper with a 16” barrel that I bought last summer that I am sure has the XTRAXN technology but I did not have any problems with the rounds chambering. Do you think that it has probably something to do with the barrel extension? Thank you for your help!
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Didn't LaRue barrels use to come with headspaced bolts?

I couldn't find a Wylde chamber drawing, but it's a compromise between 5.56x45 and .223 Remington, both of which have identical shoulder dimensions, so OP's smith is probably right in saying the go gauge fits all three.
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:21:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I have never heard of Mark offering chrome lining

@LaRue_Tactical

Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Didn't LaRue barrels use to come with headspaced bolts?

I couldn't find a Wylde chamber drawing, but it's a compromise between 5.56x45 and .223 Remington, both of which have identical shoulder dimensions, so OP's smith is probably right in saying the go gauge fits all three.
View Quote

Yes I would have paid extra for a headspace bolt but the barrel cost me over $400 with a gas block and gas tube.  I read up on the Wilde chamber and it is designed to be able to shoot both .223 rem and 5.56 in the same chamber. It Just has a tighter freebore compared to the 5.56. I don’t think that would affect headspace. Perhaps.
Thank you for your help!
Link Posted: 11/24/2021 8:32:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have never heard of Mark offering chrome lining

@LaRue_Tactical

View Quote

That is a good point! I will talk to LaRue and my gunsmith about that. I just don’t know if LaRue would want me to have my gunsmith ream the chamber. I actually would rather just find a bolt that would fit the headspace. Thank you for your help!
Link Posted: 11/27/2021 1:21:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I was just watching a gunsmith video about an out of spec BCG, and he said his 5.56 go gage was .001 longer than his .223 gage.
So a really tight .223 chamber might reject a 5.56 go gage.

https://youtu.be/OHbJovLMuZk?t=547

As for finding a bolt that fits, you could probably polish the lugs on the one you have until it's perfect and just barely closes on the go gage.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Precision-Rifles/Hellbender-s-a-k-a-Lostinthewoods-Guide-to-the-Ultimate-AR-fixed-/4-6919/#i93683
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was just watching a gunsmith video about an out of spec BCG, and he said his 5.56 go gage was .001 longer than his .223 gage.
So a really tight .223 chamber might reject a 5.56 go gage.

https://youtu.be/OHbJovLMuZk?t=547

As for finding a bolt that fits, you could probably polish the lugs on the one you have until it's perfect and just barely closes on the go gage.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/Precision-Rifles/Hellbender-s-a-k-a-Lostinthewoods-Guide-to-the-Ultimate-AR-fixed-/4-6919/#i93683
View Quote

Thank you. I will look into this. I bought a LaRue accuracy special complete upper in July and it is such a sweet, accurate shooter that I decided I wanted a complete LaRue rifle. Since I could not afford the LaRue complete rifles, I decided to buy a LaRue 20 inch Stealth barrel and with some quality components, I could build a great rifle. After a 4 month wait, I am so disappointed with this barrel. I know LaRue is a quality company and I am supposed to talk to them further this week to resolve this issue.  If I sent them the barrel back (again, sigh..) with my bolt, If they could headspace my barrel using my bolt, I would be happy.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 3:46:19 PM EDT
[#11]
What is the ammo that is tight in the chamber?  Did you try several rounds to be sure it was not just that round?  Are you in DFW?  I have a rifle built with a 20” Larue barrel and I think it has a Tool Craft BCG and it’s GTG.  

Bring it over we will go shoot it and if the round sticks in the chamber it’s back to Larue.

I have several Larue BCGs so we can shoot your rifle with a Larue BCG just for good measure.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 5:31:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Gauge or no gauge, if it chambers and fires you have sufficient headspace.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Gauge or no gauge, if it chambers and fires you have sufficient headspace.
View Quote

That is the problem. It won't chamber either 5.56 or .223.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 6:59:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What is the ammo that is tight in the chamber?  Did you try several rounds to be sure it was not just that round?  Are you in DFW?  I have a rifle built with a 20” Larue barrel and I think it has a Tool Craft BCG and it’s GTG.  

Bring it over we will go shoot it and if the round sticks in the chamber it’s back to Larue.

I have several Larue BCGs so we can shoot your rifle with a Larue BCG just for good measure.
View Quote

My gunsmith said he could get a 5.56 to chamber but he had to beat it out with a hammer. I have a LaRue accuracy special complete upper that I bought July, 20021 and it shoots great. I took out that LaRue BCG and put it in this new build and it would not chamber .223 or 5.56. So just to be sure I was doing it correctly, I placed that BCG back into the LaRue upper and it chambered the rounds quite easily. Therefore, this barrel's headspace is out of specs. Thank you for your help. I appreciate it.

Hopefully Larue will fix this issue. If not, I will just return it for a full refund and order an FN CHF barrel, but I would rather have another LaRue. (a brand new one).

BTW I am in San Antonio. Is your 20" LaRue barrel a stealth barrel in .223 wylde like mine?
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 8:19:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Yes my barrel is a 20” Stealth.  I’m not sure if the chamber is specifically Wylde.  It’s a recent production 2018 barrel that was done in house at Larue.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:38:42 PM EDT
[#16]
id send it back, after checking it myself...since you have another to look at open them up and drop in a round if one fits and the other dosent send them some pics and ask for a return label.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 10:12:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
id send it back, after checking it myself...since you have another to look at open them up and drop in a round if one fits and the other dosent send them some pics and ask for a return label.
View Quote

That is what i am doing tomorrow. I will call LaRue and tell them I want a return label and I will send it back to them for a full refund. It is a shame because I was really looking forward to a decent rifle build with that 20" LaRue but I will just buy an FN CHF 1:7 twist 5.56 barrel.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 10:39:35 PM EDT
[#18]
I did the same. Bought the accuracy package in October and installed the stealth 16" on an Aero upper with DD BCG. Everything functions flawlessly but I'm still trying to figure out what ammo it likes. My DDM4 shoots everything better than this barrel.

Same MBT trigger, stock & BCG but the DD has better accuracy with all ammo I've tried.

DD 69gr Sierra Match King

LaRue Hornady ELD 73gr Match
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I did the same. Bought the accuracy package in October and installed the stealth 16" on an Aero upper with DD BCG. Everything functions flawlessly but I'm still trying to figure out what ammo it likes. My DDM4 shoots everything better than this barrel.

Same MBT trigger, stock & BCG but the DD has better accuracy with all ammo I've tried.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51711936916_d002cd17d5_h.jpg

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51711077857_ce220bba47_k.jpg
View Quote

That is some good shooting! Thank you for sharing.
Yes, I am disappointed with this LaRue barrel for sure. I talked to LaRue today and they agree to give me a full refund. So I will send this barrel back to them tomorrow or the next day. I have ordered an FN hammer forged 1:7 twist 5.56 with a 20inch barrel. I will have The headspace checked before I install it, but I don’t think that I will have anything to worry about. I have used FN barrels before and they are GTG.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#20]
What about trying a LaRue BCG?
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 12:38:51 AM EDT
[#21]
I used Toolcraft BCGs with all of my Larue barrels, all headspaced properly.
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 7:29:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What about trying a LaRue BCG?
View Quote

I did that. I have a complete LaRue BCG in that upper and it would not chamber any .223 rem or any 5.56
Link Posted: 12/1/2021 9:49:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

My build is exactly the same as your build with an aero upper and a Daniel Defense BCG. LaRue called me today to tell me that the barrel was fine and that the problem lay with my out of spec aero precision upper.  I don’t think that is correct. As I understand it, the headspace is  determined by the barrel, the barrel extension, the chamber and the bolt. On another forum, it was stated that to  correct the headspace, you would have to take off the barrel extension and machine off some of the barrel on the chamber side, then reinstall the barrel extension and cut a new chamber in the barrel, measuring your headspace as you go with gages and the bolt you are going to use. That is why most elite barrel manufacturers will offer the option of a headspace bolt when you order their barrel. I would have bought a headspaced bolt with the barrel if LaRue had offered it. No Matter. As long as LaRue refunds my purchase price of the barrel, I will eat the gunsmith fees on my rifle build but I will not do business with LaRue again
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 11:11:20 PM EDT
[#24]
so what if larue says your barrel is fine and your gunsmith is a moron? did you drop a case in and see if it fits?  mark runs a pretty tight ship and i doubt barrels leave without numerous checks to the chamber.

there are thousands of larue barrels in the wild i have not seen one other post of head spacing issues.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 12:54:37 AM EDT
[#25]
What gauges is your gunsmith using? A 1.4636 is what I’d think you use for a Wylde chamber…where a 1.4646 is used on 5.56 chambers. I’m sure there is more to it though.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:11:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
so what if larue says your barrel is fine and your gunsmith is a moron? did you drop a case in and see if it fits?  mark runs a pretty tight ship and i doubt barrels leave without numerous checks to the chamber.

there are thousands of larue barrels in the wild i have not seen one other post of head spacing issues.
View Quote

So why wouldn't it chamber any .223 ammo or 5.56 ammo? I tried all sorts of .223 ammo and 5.56 ammo and bcgs from my ARs and none of them allowed any ammo to be chambered. I even tried a larue BCG that I took out of a LaRue accuracy special and it still would not chamber any .223 or 5.56 ammo.  I replaced that barrel with an FN barrel in the same Aero Precision receiver and Daniel Defense BCG and it works fine. The fault was with the barrel.  I personally emailed [email protected] about the issue and I was totally ignored. My gunsmith has built several AR15 rifles for me and he is excellent. I really like my LaRue accuracy special that I bought this past summer but I will never do business with LaRue again.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 12:57:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What gauges is your gunsmith using? A 1.4636 is what I’d think you use for a Wylde chamber…where a 1.4646 is used on 5.56 chambers. I’m sure there is more to it though.
View Quote

I use a forster .223 "go" gauge 1.464. The difference between the .223 rem and the .223 wylde is in the leade. You are supposed to be able to use 5.56 ammo and .223 ammo in a wylde chamber; however, this barrel would not chamber .223 ammo or 5.56 ammo. I tried factory ammo in both calibers but it would not chamber any of them. I also tried several bolts and BCGs from my ARs. I even tried a LaRue BCG that I took out of my LaRue accuracy special and it still would not chamber any .223 ammo or 5.56 ammo. I replaced this barrel with an FN 5.56 barrel in the same Aero Precision upper with Daniel Defense BCG and it worked fine. I like my LaRue accuracy special that I bought this last summer but I will not do business with LaRue again. I even emailed Mark Larue at [email protected] and I was totally ignored. Oh Well.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 9:27:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So why wouldn't it chamber any .223 ammo or 5.56 ammo? I tried all sorts of .223 ammo and 5.56 ammo and bcgs from my ARs and none of them allowed any ammo to be chambered. I even tried a larue BCG that I took out of a LaRue accuracy special and it still would not chamber any .223 or 5.56 ammo.  I replaced that barrel with an FN barrel in the same Aero Precision receiver and Daniel Defense BCG and it works fine. The fault was with the barrel.  I personally emailed [email protected] about the issue and I was totally ignored. My gunsmith has built several AR15 rifles for me and he is excellent. I really like my LaRue accuracy special that I bought this past summer but I will never do business with LaRue again.
View Quote

did you call them?, not like mark handles customer complaints himself, i have 20 times the larue stuff as you have listed and im guessing mark would not answer a e mail from me....i mean really can you even imagine the amount of emails he gets from people wanting free shit and thats not even counting the stupid people asking how tight should they tighten their scope mounts.

now if you did actually call them and ask to talk to mark id also guess you might wait a long time. it sounds like a bad barrel slipped through, it happens to them all ...return it for a new one and get over yourself not that mark or anyone else cares where you take your business.

if you want i could take it to shot and hand it to him directly to investigate your problems ..lol

Link Posted: 12/18/2021 5:38:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

did you call them?, not like mark handles customer complaints himself, i have 20 times the larue stuff as you have listed and im guessing mark would not answer a e mail from me....i mean really can you even imagine the amount of emails he gets from people wanting free shit and thats not even counting the stupid people asking how tight should they tighten their scope mounts.

now if you did actually call them and ask to talk to mark id also guess you might wait a long time. it sounds like a bad barrel slipped through, it happens to them all ...return it for a new one and get over yourself not that mark or anyone else cares where you take your business.

if you want i could take it to shot and hand it to him directly to investigate your problems ..lol

View Quote

Well at lest you admitted that LaRue could do something wrong. Did you read my whole post where the barrel was shipped sloppily and was protruding from the box? What would you do if you received your barrel from LaRue like that? I sent them pictures of the protruding barrel and even sent them the barrel back and they just gave me lip service and said it was the fault of my Aero Precision receiver and Daniel Defense BCG which was not true. As a Pharmacist, I am always willing to talk to someone about their prescription that I filled. I just expected that LaRue would be willling to honestly talk to me about this mistake. I guess I was mistaken. I know that Mark and everyone at LaRue doesn’t care about my business or anyone else’s for that matter and I honestly think that their business model will not change just because of my experience; however, I have seen some other remarks about LaRue that mirror my own.  If they keep doing business like that, hopefully, they will lose business to other manufacturers but they can live on their reputation for a long time. As a consumer I can do business wherever I want reagardless of your caustic remarks. Have a good day and Merry Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/26/2021 11:38:04 PM EDT
[#30]
i did read your entire post, but the fact that your smith can't tell a chrome lined barrel from a regular barrel lost me. larue doesn't make chrome lined barrels never has likely never will.  i still dont see the issue you apparently sent the barrel back once over some cosmetic  shit on the muzzle end that would have zero effect on chambering why not send it back again to have the headspace checked, should be a no brainer if it will not chaimber a round.

larue has no shortage of customers as 99.9 percent of what they make is the best in the industry when it comes to accuracy, but like anyone they can pass a lemon once and a while... if it were me id call them send some pics and go from there. id bet you could get things resolved by the new year
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 8:23:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Don't let one incident get you down on Larue because they make good stuff.  Everybody makes mistakes even God, look at our president, HAHA
They are not the only maker of quality parts and does not hurt to shop.  Just make them stand up to their guarantee "You're not happy we're not happy".  Really interested in how this winds up.
Link Posted: 1/3/2022 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
i did read your entire post, but the fact that your smith can't tell a chrome lined barrel from a regular barrel lost me. larue doesn't make chrome lined barrels never has likely never will.  i still dont see the issue you apparently sent the barrel back once over some cosmetic  shit on the muzzle end that would have zero effect on chambering why not send it back again to have the headspace checked, should be a no brainer if it will not chaimber a round.

larue has no shortage of customers as 99.9 percent of what they make is the best in the industry when it comes to accuracy, but like anyone they can pass a lemon once and a while... if it were me id call them send some pics and go from there. id bet you could get things resolved by the new year
View Quote

I did send pictures and I did send it back twice to have the headspace checked and they said it was in specs and that there was something wrong with my headspace gauges. My headspace gauges are forester, so there is nothing wrong with them. I even tried a LaRue BCG from an accuracy special that I had bought last summer, and it would not accept the “go” gauge in that barrel. Since the problem surfaced immediately, I was able to return the barrel for a full refund even though they insisted that there was nothing wrong with it.  I immediately replaced the LaRue barrel with an FN CHF 5.56 barrel in the same build and it worked very well. No Problems at all! It is very accurate with my high power service rifle hand loads using a 69 gr Sierra match king + varget that I shot across the course with for many years. I have not tried my 80 grain 600 yard load yet but I am confident that it will do well. In short, LaRue just blew me off and said that it did not matter if they lost one customer (which they have). I am sorry that I took so long to answer, but I am a pharmacist and we are VERY busy. Have a good day. Thank you for your interest!
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 11:01:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Don't let one incident get you down on Larue because they make good stuff.  Everybody makes mistakes even God, look at our president, HAHA
They are not the only maker of quality parts and does not hurt to shop.  Just make them stand up to their guarantee "You're not happy we're not happy".  Really interested in how this winds up.
View Quote

Thank you for your interest, Even though I had sent the barrel back TWICE, LaRue was not interested in correcting the problem. They ignored the fact that even my LaRue BCG from my LaRue upper would not accept a forester “go” gage in that barrel and they said that there was nothing wrong with the barrel. They insisted that the barrel was In specs and that there was something wrong with either my gages, my LaRue BCG, or my Daniel Defense BCG. Nonsense! I know that LaRue has a ton of customers and that a loss of one customer (me) would not affect them, but they don’t care.  I put a brand new FN CHF 5.56 barrel on that same build and it works great with no problems at all! Very accurate!  The quality of that FN barrel puts that LaRue barrel to shame.  Thank you, Have a nice day!
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 11:18:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yes, I am disappointed with this LaRue barrel for sure. I talked to LaRue today and they agree to give me a full refund. So I will send this barrel back to them tomorrow or the next day. I have ordered an FN hammer forged 1:7 twist 5.56 with a 20inch barrel. I will have The headspace checked before I install it, but I don’t think that I will have anything to worry about. I have used FN barrels before and they are GTG.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks but I’m not a great shot. You won’t be disappointed with the FN. I compare everything to my FN HBAR. It even shoots crap steel case well. That rifle and is a laser beam.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 1:12:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Thanks but I’m not a great shot. You won’t be disappointed with the FN. I compare everything to my FN HBAR. It even shoots crap steel case well. That rifle and is a laser beam.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50237586623_19e3f5b7a2_k.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50237586623_19e3f5b7a2_k.jpg

Nice Rifle!
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:50:20 AM EDT
[#37]
I've got 2 20" stealth barrels that don't shoot.  I bought the second one after I tried every trick I knew on the first one.  Figure I'll get back around to messing with them sometime.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 1:27:37 PM EDT
[#38]
When I build any rifle, I like a tight bolt to start with, this allows me to fit it to the barrel.
Simple to trim the back sides of the lugs using a lathe with a tool post grinder, with a final lap in with fine lapping compound.
Would question calling your guy a 'gunsmith'.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 2:02:39 PM EDT
[#39]
That sucks OP, I hope you get your money back.

I believe the true test of a company’ is not when everything is going right but how they handle it when something is wrong.  IMHO, it looks like LaRue didn’t handle it well.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 3:19:09 PM EDT
[#40]
That's why I buy White Oak barrels or Rainer Match barrels for similar money.  zBought into teh hype after being here for a while and bought a stealth with less than stellar results.

I do like their trigger though.  It is a shame you have to wait 12 months for a handguard or i would own some SAT and LAT as well
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:39:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
When I build any rifle, I like a tight bolt to start with, this allows me to fit it to the barrel.
Simple to trim the back sides of the lugs using a lathe with a tool post grinder, with a final lap in with fine lapping compound.
View Quote

He offered to do that but I did not want to mess with it. If I was going to pay that much money and wait that long for a "premium" barrel, I should get a barrel that would accept a "go" gage without any hassels. I replaced that barrel with an FN CHF 5.56 barrel that was go to go and works fine in my build and is very accurate. I just think LaRue screwed the pooch with that barrel
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:42:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
That sucks OP, I hope you get your money back.

I believe the true test of a company’ is not when everything is going right but how they handle it when something is wrong.  IMHO, it looks like LaRue didn’t handle it well.
View Quote

Yes, I agree with you. As I was reading some of the responses in my post, I realized that not everyone is happy with LaRue, but LaRue does not care.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 9:44:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That's why I buy White Oak barrels or Rainer Match barrels for similar money.  zBought into teh hype after being here for a while and bought a stealth with less than stellar results.

I do like their trigger though.  It is a shame you have to wait 12 months for a handguard or i would own some SAT and LAT as well
View Quote

Thank you for your response. I like the geiselle ssa-e trigger better that LaRue MBT-2S
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 4:34:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

He offered to do that but I did not want to mess with it. If I was going to pay that much money and wait that long for a "premium" barrel, I should get a barrel that would accept a "go" gage without any hassels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He offered to do that but I did not want to mess with it. If I was going to pay that much money and wait that long for a "premium" barrel, I should get a barrel that would accept a "go" gage without any hassels.

Next time you might think about buying a barrel, barrel adapter, and bolt set, where everything is pre-fitted.
There are tolerances on any machined part, and using parts from one manufacturer, with parts from another, they can stack up, and cause fitment issues.

Please pass my apologies on to your gunsmith. He knew what to do.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 8:07:19 AM EDT
[#45]
A couple of years ago, Mark would have posted pictures of the barrel and bolt and shot it on his range.

crickets
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 3:55:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 4:14:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Yes, but old Mark would of gotten the barrel in, evaluated the issue, shot it at the range and then posted many pictures in a LaRue forum thread
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 4:32:26 PM EDT
[#48]
someone sounds like they need a little cheese with their  whine,, move on dude
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 4:34:35 PM EDT
[#50]
This thread is embarrassing.

OP, glad you're happy with your trouble free and accurate FN barrel.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top